Do dogs get colds?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Do dogs get colds?

Jax was making a funny noise after he woke this morning - not quite a snort but almost like a sniffle, as if he were congested. It stopped after about 10-15 minutes. He's also been snoring the last two nights, which is unusual for him.  He's a pretty quiet sleeper.  He's eating, drinking, eliminating and playing as usual - could he have a cold or stuffy nose?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Do dogs get colds?

Hey, Nov,

I know dogs can get the flu (got an article on it from Only Natural Pet as an ad for their flu season health products) so I assume they can get colds, too.  Or, it could be drier or colder than it has been at night - that makes my nose runny/stuffy at night and in the morning but no other time.  It was 60 degrees in here this morning!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

It has been colder at night, that's for sure.  Last weekend I put a fleece blanket on the bed for me and one in puppy's night crate for him to snuggle under.  DH is still sleeping over the covers - go figure!  We go out to play fetch every morning and now can see our breath! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think that can make a dog's nose stuffy and runny just like a person's, especially in the morning.

It's up to 62 in here now that the fire's been going for an hour.  I need more wood if it's going to reach my target of 68!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Ugghhh... runny nose, sneezing, discharge from eyes.  =(  We have a vet appointment first thing in the AM.