Interceptor Backorder 3-4 months nationwide

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

Interceptor Backorder 3-4 months nationwide

Can anyone suggest another good comparable brand for heartworm medication? Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: Interceptor Backorder 3-4 months nationwide

I ordered interceptor spectrum online from Australia

it's a similar product made by Novartis    milbemycinoxime and praziquantel

It's not recommended to get meds online  but I haven't had any problems.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/pic/article.cfm?c=3261&articleid=580&d=156

heartworm preventive comparison chart

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I am leaning toward this product, (same as Heartgard Plus)

IVERHART PLUS® Flavored Chewable given monthly is guaranteed to protect your dog against heartworm disease and treat and control common, zoonotic roundworms and hookworms.

IVERHART PLUS® Flavored Chewables are available in boxes of six tablets in doses for small dogs up to 25 pounds, medium dogs between 26 and 50 pounds and large dogs weighing 51 to 100 pounds. For dogs weighing more than 100 pounds consult your veterinarian.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Thanks DL.  I use Interceptor too.  I stocked up, but eventually I'll have to find some!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We switched to heartgard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Heartgard (Ivermectin)  has different ingredients than Intercepter

Sensitivity in collies/herding breeds has been noted

PS: I have a hearding breed....so I'll check with my vet...don't know what to believe anymore! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

The list of Vet-VIPPS-accredited pharmacies

http://www.awarerx.org/get-informed/safe-acquisition/recommended-vet-vipps-online-pharmacies

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

2/14 ETA: A pharmaceutical executive from Pfizer was on talk radio tonight discussing counterfeit meds and mentioned some pet meds may be affected.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

He  (the pharmaceutical executive from Pfizer)  said when buying medicine online, the safest way to purchase drugs is through a pharmacy accredited by the NABP VIPPS® or Vet-VIPPS® programs.