Keeping floors clean (with a dog)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Re: Keeping floors clean (with a dog)

Kar, did you get your Haan yet?  Let me know how it goes!  I really want a steam mop now and just have to convince DH and pick the right one.

After doing some research online seems like the Haan and the Shark Deluxe steam pocket mop get the best reviews.  Amber this is the one you have right?  http://www.amazon.com/Euro-Pro-Shark-S3501N-Deluxe-Pocket/dp/B0028MB3HM/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header

There's a consumer review on that link I think is helpful that said the Haan cleans better but the Shark has a longer cord, bigger tank and is easier to swivel to get in the hard to reach places.  Decisions, decisions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Yes SS, I have the Shark Deluxe and the cord is super long, so I can do my kitchen, hallway and basically 2 rooms without unpluggins.  It does swivel and I like the choice of 2 heads.  One is triangle which is perfect for my bathroom to get around the toilet etc. and the other is a large square which does my floors great.  So easy to get off and on, and the pads same thing. I honestly didn't know if I would like a steam mop, but my DD did her research, God love her, and found the same thing you did about the Shark.  I really like it a lot. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

as far as cleaning, i don't have any streaking of anything but can't say it cleans any less or better than the Haan. I'm sure both are good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Thanks, I'm sure they are both great... and definitely better than my old fashion foam one I'm still trecking back and forth to the sink with.  Now just need to convince DH its something I really NEED and not just my shopping slurge of the day haha.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If he's a germaphobe you can use that to your advantage - the steam mop sanitizes. :)

Mine's supposed to come this afternoon!  YAY!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Awesome ladies thank you.  I don't have a dog, but I have a 10 year old boy.  I just put one of these on a Housewarming Registery.  I'm not expecting gifts, but I'd rather get something I want and need then something that will sit in the basement.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from venforknot. Show venforknot's posts

I hired a cleaning person. No joke. I got so frustrated and gave up I decided to just pay someone else to figure it out. She comes 2x a month and although they don't stay clean in between her celanings, she gets them a heck of a lot cleaner than I ever could.  I also keep up with "little cleaning" with the swiffer in between her visits.

Nothing like going to extremes....lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

SSBride, sorry, I missed your question earlier.  The one I got is the link that Pinkkittie recommended in this thread, and it's AWESOME!  I love, love, love it for our poly'd hardwoods.  Does a gorgeous, quick, and easy job.  And, furthermore, now that Gracie has a drain in her incision, she's dripping icky stuff all over the floor as she walks so it's especially good to have.  I can sanitize this nasty stuff, and the dried, sticky drips come up in 3 swipes.  (Sorry, if too gross!)

Ven, I know tons of "regular" people with cleaning ladies.  Life is short, and if both people in a home work, the weekends are spent cleaning!  I think it makes sense to free up the weekend for fun stuff.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

In Response to Re: Keeping floors clean (with a dog):
    [QUOTE]SSBride, sorry, I missed your question earlier.  The one I got is the link that Pinkkittie recommended in this thread, and it's AWESOME!  I love, love, love it for our poly'd hardwoods.  Does a gorgeous, quick, and easy job.  And, furthermore, now that Gracie has a drain in her incision, she's dripping icky stuff all over the floor as she walks so it's especially good to have.  I can sanitize this nasty stuff, and the dried, sticky drips come up in 3 swipes.  (Sorry, if too gross!) Ven, I know tons of "regular" people with cleaning ladies.  Life is short, and if both people in a home work, the weekends are spent cleaning!  I think it makes sense to free up the weekend for fun stuff.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Yay! I'm so glad you love it!

My friend's dog, once upon a time, had a similar drainage tube in his neck and it was GROSS- thank goodness you have wood floors. She had carpets and cleaning up after him was a nightmare.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, again, for the recommendation, Pink!!

Um, yeah...we have very nice oriental rugs, too.  We do our best to keep her on one of her 3 towel-covered beds, NOT on the rug, but it drips when she walks so I'm sure it's on there.  At least they aren't white, but  I'll be using the carpet attachment on the steamer when this is all over to disinfect and freshen it.  YUCK!  I'm hoping she gets it out tomorrow as scheduled, but you never know.  It is a great test for the steamer, though. :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

In Response to Re: Keeping floors clean (with a dog):
    [QUOTE]Thanks, again, for the recommendation, Pink!! Um, yeah...we have very nice oriental rugs, too.  We do our best to keep her on one of her 3 towel-covered beds, NOT on the rug, but it drips when she walks so I'm sure it's on there.  At least they aren't white, but  I'll be using the carpet attachment on the steamer when this is all over to disinfect and freshen it.  YUCK!  I'm hoping she gets it out tomorrow as scheduled, but you never know.  It is a great test for the steamer, though. :)
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

poor gracie! I hope she gets it out tomorrow, too! And I've always been able to spot clean stains on my rugs with oxy clean or nature's miracle. I put a towel underneath the rug, spray it until thoroughly soaked, then I press on top with a clean towel or wad of paper towels. Usually does the trick!