Your favorite dog breed?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCNewsEditor. Show BDCNewsEditor's posts

Your favorite dog breed?

This week, the American Kennel Club released its list of the top most-registered dog breeds and announced that for the 20th consecutive year, the Labrador retriever is the most popular breed in America. 

What's your favorite dog breed? Is that breed currently one of your pets?  Please share your story.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrumpwell. Show scrumpwell's posts

Re: Your favorite dog breed?

Greyhound for sure.  My furry speedbump is easily among the best choices I've ever made.  He peered out from the crate at ARL in Dedham, and he owned me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthboroughDan. Show NorthboroughDan's posts

We adopted our second retired greyhound last year.  They are sweet, gentle, goofy, wonderful dogs.  I understand most are now coming to New England from Florida.  There are several adoption centers in MA that specialize in greyhounds.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWW4. Show DWW4's posts

Pit bull terrier.  Such loving, mis-understood dogs.  Our 9 month old and almost-three year old LOVE our 9yr old Pit we adopted from a shelter 8 years ago.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I like mutts! Most of the really adorable dogs I see are mixes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Well, call us conformists, but we sure do love our full blooded Black Lab.  :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from c2d04eefce43050aed85a90f502b8c2f. Show c2d04eefce43050aed85a90f502b8c2f's posts

My beautiful, beautiful, little puggies.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Padraig650. Show Padraig650's posts

I second greyhounds - coolest breed out there and most folks just dont realize it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leem72. Show Leem72's posts

My favorite breed is a Puli.  It isn't a mix between a poodle and something else. It is a purebred.  They are also AKC certified, yet not very well known.  I have a 3 year old male named Ziggy.  If you have ever seen the dogs that look like mops or like they have dreds, that's a Puli.  Great breed!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrocktonMike. Show BrocktonMike's posts

The German Shepherd Dog (yes, dog is included in it's name, odd isn't it?)

Loving, attentive, by far one of the most loyal breeds.  

Mine's a service dog, we go everywhere together, movies, restaurants, concerts, shopping, sporting events.  We live in a small town, and many people know & love him.  My name they forget, but never his.

He's only met one person he didn't like.  She's was a New Yorker, (can't blame the guy) who was in such a big hurry pulling out a cart in front of Costco, that she couldn't wait for me & him to get ours, even though we were in front of her.  She rolled the cart over his tale.  

He snapped at her, she complained to the Costco staff he was a vicious dog, and shouldn't be allowed in, and she wanted to call the cops.  The Costco staff told her to basically stuff it.  They knew him, never saw him do anything to anyone, and she violated the law by interfering with service dog while the dog was performing his duties.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukeseri58. Show lukeseri58's posts

Brockton Mike -- people are incredible huh?  i believe i could live in a world of just dogs and be much happier.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harry-O. Show Harry-O's posts

Pit bull mix

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldenlou. Show waldenlou's posts

In Response to Re: Your favorite dog breed?:
    [QUOTE]www.poodlerescuenewengland.org      Poodles and Poodle mixes are the smartest dogs!    [IMO]
    Posted by robingirl[/QUOTE]

DITTO!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jharvey31. Show jharvey31's posts

Boston Terriers and Pitbulls.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldenlou. Show waldenlou's posts

Poodles of course! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moongrl. Show moongrl's posts

mixes / rescue mutts are the BEST !!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BD1958. Show BD1958's posts

I would love to see the numbers of mixed breeds and rescues across the country.  Until our beautiful rescue mutt Bella is counted too, I'm don't think the AKC numbers are valid!  : ) 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pg1960. Show pg1960's posts

Pugs - We have had two rescue Pugs and although they have had some health issues, they are such funny and sweet little dogs, yet are not "frouffie" but are "thumpers" as one of my friend says.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbp2112. Show mbp2112's posts

I love my American Cocker Spaniel...  Just the nicest, sweetest bundle of energy and love.  I pretty much love all dogs.

The only breeds I tend to avoid getting too close to are those that can kick my butt - GSDs, Rotties, and the like, particularly if they are unaltered males and I don't know the owner.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I'm a golden fan.  But I also love Border Collies, Aussies and Shelties. We have a golden because we knew we could not give a dog like a border collie/aussie  enough attention since they are worker dogs and need a "job."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from momiofthree. Show momiofthree's posts

Bernese Mountain dogs if you like them big, friendly, smart and loving. We have 3 - 1 is a rescue.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mollyeee. Show Mollyeee's posts

Boxers are the BEST dogs!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DSully2001. Show DSully2001's posts

Boston Terriers are the best, hands down.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjoi2003. Show kjoi2003's posts

I spent many thoughtful years learning about many breeds.  I was fortunate to be able to experience many first hand.  My choice is a Shetland Sheepdog.  I went to a very good breeder and got the dog that best fits me and my husband.  She is a perfect therapy dog for my Rheumatoid arthritis.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MMoore1125. Show MMoore1125's posts

My Newfoundland!!!!!!!! Hands down! Gentle Giant...especially with my 2 yr old. He is loving and a lot of fun!