Pingo's Homey Noodle Casserole!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Pingo's Homey Noodle Casserole!

- In a Tbs.of Olive Oil sauté 1 teasp. of red pepper flakes and a large diced onion  (you can leave out the pepper flakes, but it doesn't get too hot - just give it a lift).
    - Add about 1 lbs. of ground beef broken up and sauté until no longer pink. Maybe 5 - 7 minutes. You may want to add some salt here to taste. I don't. Our family are salt watchers.
    - Add a can (14 oz) of diced no salt tomatoes. Let simmer for a few minutes.
    - Now add 1/2 bag of cooked egg noodles (that makes about 4 servings for us, but you can do more or less than that. The amounts are not important in this dish.)
    - Dice up an 8 oz. block of cream cheese (you can use more or less here as well) and mix it in with the the noodles.
    - Place in a greased oven safe dish, sprinkle with shredded cheese (if you like) and bake at 325 degree for about 20 - 25 minutes. Serve hot or warm.

You will want to have the cream cheese melted only to a certain point. Soft, but not completely saucy. I haven't tried the "for cooking cream cheese". I don't think, it will work for this dish.
    I always make sure to make extra to have something to heat up for lunch. It is great that way too.
    Bon appetite! - Pingo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: Pingo's Homey Noodle Casserole!

Pingo, thank you this looks fantastic.  I may make it this week. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Mmm, sounds like some serious comfort food, a homemade Hamburger Helper. YUM!!  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Home made Hamburger helper? Have never tried that, so I cannot respond to that, but serious comfort food - definitely! - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you Pingo!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, I made this yesterday and it went over well.  One thing I did do..Amber if you go with the whole bag of noodles, in addition to two cans of stewed tomatoes use two cream cheese packages.  I used one yesterday and really think another would be wonderful.  The casserole was very very good though and my fussy DH and DS liked it.  I now have lunch for today.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

that is funny Winter as that is what I was planning on.  Just literally doubling what Pingo wrote.  I can't wait to try it!  What I really like is I can make if just for myself or for both me and DD.  Thanks so much for letting me know : )