ROAST CHICKEN
    1 whole roasting chicken
    2 tablespoons of olive oil  
    2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    1 teaspoon dried thyme
    1 teaspoon dried rosemary
    Salt and pepper to taste
    1 lemon halved

In a small bowl combine olive oil, mustard, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.  Squeeze half a lemon into this mixture and save the rind.  Squeeze the other half into a bowl and throw away but save the rind.  Rub the herb mixture all over the chicken skin and inside the cavity.  Put both lemon rinds into the cavity.
    If making giblet gravy, put giblets in roasting pan.  I also add half a cup of water. Follow direction for cooking time and temperature on the package of the roasting chicken. When done, take chicken out of roasting pan, pour juices from inside cavity of chicken back in roasting pan and sit chicken on cutting board.  Let sit for 30 minutes while making your gravy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Roast Chicken

Sounds easy and fabulous, ambergirl - I'm definiting doing this next Monday night (after my TJs run where I get my chix).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

It really is simple to make. I make it for myself a lot. I hope you and DH enjoy it : )

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We definitely will, thanks!  I used to get rotisserie chickens from our local store, but they changed the brine and it's so salty I won't even feed it to Gracie; I honestly can't eat it.  And, the good ones are too far away.  So, a recipe like this is just what I was looking for.  Yay!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I usually get my roasted chicken from Costco. They have †he best rotisserie chicken. But your recipe sounds like I want to try it. It is just like the dressing (less the thyme), we use for the rack-o-lamb. Yum!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I picked up a chix at TJs yesterday to try this today.  I cannot wait!  I have leftover fresh thyme and rosemary from the veggie pie and lamb so I'll use those, but other than that will follow exactly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The chicken is out and the house smells divine.  I can smell the herbs, mustard, and chicken skin.  The skin was loose on the breasts so I took some of the paste and pressed it down between the skin and the meat along with rubbing it on the inside and outside.  I can hardly wait for DH to come home and cut into it!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

EXCELLENT!  Ambergirl, thanks for another CC winner of a recipe.  (I recommend putting the oil mixture under the breast skin if it comes free easily enough - that really worked great.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

So happy you liked it : ) My house always smells so good too.