August 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

August 2012

Originally posted this in July thread this morning, but was finally able to copy and paste it over here and delete it in the July thread.

Early, early, good morning -

Got up at quarter to six and there on the walk waiting was Handsome Harry.  Think he must have slept all night under the shrub.  Such a good fella.

Sorry you're anticipating a bad time with your upcoming visit, Kargiver.  Try to remember that it's not like you're facing your BIL alone - you do have your DH there with you, and you can always remove yourself, just walk away, from him when he starts.

We noticed yesterday how much Bob's had expanded and grown.  You know, part of their popularity is not just their food, but their help.  Everyone, down to the busboys make a practice of politeness and being so helpful.  It was jumping yesterday, parking was at a premium, some people even parking in the adjacent stores and then walking over.  They've expanded their seating tho, there are plenty of benches and tables outside and still the inside, which we preferred. My cousin is the one who had the clams and she said they were delicious.  

Enjoy your visit today, Kargiver.  Hope you get a pic of the triplets their Mom will let you post.  The weather being what it is tho, I doubt the triplets will be wearing or wrapped in the hats/blankets you made, so don't be disappointed.  I'm sure their mom will appreciate the box of veggies fresh from your garden.  I told my cousin yesterday when I went to the Farmer's market, the array of colors of their fresh produce was just beautiful.  I wanted to buy at least one of everything.  What a difference going first thing in the morning as to when I usually hit there, early afternoon. 

A list of places to hit this morning for this and that.  Since I'm up so early I'll make a point of getting out when they open and back in time to catch Y&R and see what's cooking there.

Tulips, hope things go better for you in work today.  Being retired doesn't mean you don't have the same kind of day you had - there are days when nothing seems to go right, and I am in a fowl mood too.  Can't blame it on hormones in my case, so must just be my orneriness!

Catch you all later -

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: August 2012

FYI - Just pulled up my emails - one from B&N advertising a book by Jeanne Cooper, "Not Young - Still Restless" .  Catchy title for her having been on "The Young and the Restless" for many, many years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Kargiver, I took the liberty of moving your post over here from the July thread. Hope you don't mind - -

Good morning!

tt, my heart was lifted by your encouragement, thank you so much. Yes, indeed, DH has my back and is doing more proactively than ever to make the visit as emotionally easy on me as possible, and that tempers the anxiety a lot, as you suggested, if I'm careful to focus on that instead of how awful visits have been in the past.

But, speaking of visits, thanks for the well wishes for my visit with the triplets and family! I'm about to jump in the shower and head out - I'm so excited to get there! DH picked and washed a box of veggies and left them on my car this morning "so they'd be as fresh as possible," isn't that sweet? I wish he could come.

I bet Bob's was extra busy for being first in the list of the lobster roll "Baby You're the Best" spot on NECN!! I know I'd have sought it out because of that if I'd been there. Yum, boy oh boy do I love fried fresh seafood, lobster rolls....all that yummy stuff!

Thanks, again, for the support, tt...it really did help.

Blessings,
    ~kar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Glad you did, thanks, tt! Off I go, have a blessed day, everyone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, are you unable to get on?  Didn't see a post from you yesterday either -

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Bob's was featured on "Diners. Drive ins and Dives" a while ago, and that show is like a magic bullet for restaurants, apparently Guy always has  a talk with the owners to advise them on how to deal with the increased business the show generates.  I haven't had my clams yet this year, maybe one of these weekends.

Like you, TT, I hope the triplets aren't wrapped in blankets in this heat!  I remember my siblings and cousins who were born in spring/summer suffering with heat rash and other ailments - and being naked except for a diaper.  It's hard for babies to keep warm in cold weather - and hard for them to keep cool in warm weather, too.  Of course, some people have AC now - 50 years ago, no one did.

August already~!  Shocking how fast the years go, feel like Christmas was just 5 minutes ago and now the year is flying by.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Hard to believe it is August already. Son arrived, blueberry pancakes eaten and off to bed he went. I am pondering on a short nap myself - just hate to wake up to an very early alarm, even though it is for a happy reason.
    Will be taking tmw. off, so I do need to go to my office for a few hours.
    Kar, I am sad - your BIL is still taunting you. I hope you take tt's advice. Please tell yourself, he is the one w/ the problem - not you. Then turn your deaf ear his way. Having been there myself, I know it is difficult, but you can do it. On another note, do you really have to go? I know, you stayed at home on other occasions.
    Have a wonderful visit with the trips. Hope you will be able to get a photo of them and post it for us. Remember we have been with them from their conception. LOL
    Baked the crust and made the Raspberry sauce for my Lemonade Pie. Will do the filling tonight; then stick it in the freezer overnight. It is quite easy to make.
    Have a good day - Pingo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just got back in and a quick note before I toddle off to watch "Cricket".
    Lunch is going to be - are you ready -

A banana split made with coffee ice cream, chocolate sauce, cherries and cherry juice, whipped cream and nuts - - - - -

ETA:  AND jimmies

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

What???no nuts...I hate Cricket..btw

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, that was a lot of nothing in today's episode, don't you think, Icer?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I had a better shopping expedition for pumpkin today at Marshall's than I did yesterday at Kittery.  Got an adorable pair of blue sweats with the white stripe down the side, and found a blue patriot's t shirt to go with - both size 12 mos, if you can picture it!  So darn cute.

Picked up a couple of cute b'day cards for upcoming b'days, one of which is my August baby, pumpkin's grampy.  Wish I could post pics.  We're not a sentamental group, it's a pic of a bunch of men on the cover and the heading is "Earlier, Lady Gaga kindly donated some of her clothes to the homeless"  -  you can guess what the men are wearing.  I laughed out loud and I know he will too. He was talking last week about a sub shop and a fantastic sub they have - will buy that Fri morning before they come (hope they do) and put that in a happy birthday bag with the redskin peanuts I bought for him at Yummy's, and then top with the card and money, a brewski tucked in the side.

Now to get to the kitchen, clean up the dishes from breakfast (bacon and eggs - I treated myself well today), and then throw in those ever present washes waiting to be done.

Pingo, I hope you are able to post a pic of the lemonade pie before your guests gobble it up.  I'll bet it will be beautiful with the raspberry sauce.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks for the added support, Pingo. I have to go this time, and I'm adept at ignoring him. However, he ensures there are no "safe" responses, non-responses included. What can ya do but hunker down and get through the day sometimes. In happier news, the triplets are doing great, all around 7 lbs and sooooo adorable. Mom and 2 yo are doing great as are Grammy and Grampy, in their glory helping out. We had a couple of hours of relaxed conversation around the breakfast table while the trips napped. I was reminded of Billy Joel's lyrics, "these are the times to remember 'cause they will not last forever, these are the days to hold on to..." Good times, indeed. Sorry, no photos, but take my word, they are a handsome bunch o' babies. What a snack, tt. Yum! Time for me to think about lunch, too, but it ain't going to be that, unfortunately! I just got new jeans in the mail, and I need to lose 5 more lbs for them to fit. Onward and downward, lol.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Tulips, if yesterday was any indication, I would think parking for Bob's on the week-end would be next to impossible.  There is a lot more seating than it looks from the street, but I would think the week-end would be very hard parking.  We were amazed at all the cars/people in the various malls there.  It was so good to see.  Last time we were there (3 yrs. for me I guess, because Fuller brush has been in their new location 3 1/2 years he told me), it looked dead.  You really have to know your prices, you really aren't saving anything in a lot of the stores.  I find good old Marshall's is the best for me, if I can hit it right.  It's a nice ride up there tho, for something different to do, and the salt water smells so good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

On the bottom on a email I received today:

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly, and forgive quickly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Amen. Too bad some people's motto is the exact opposite, "There can never be too much drama and pettiness so kiss off, laugh at others, love only yourself, and forgive no one."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Kargiver!!  What's with you that you can even think of that today?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm betting you can guess from the first paragraph of my post before that one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Get your mind on something else, take a look at your beautiful gardens with all the gorgeous produce growing.  That's enough to make you pause and smile.  How lucky you are to be able to grow all that wonderful food, prepare it, and enjoy it in a meal, and to be able to share with friends as you did this morning.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You're right. It was a great morning and no sense ruining it. Went out to do an errand, still no lunch. Mustn't put it off another minute. Hm...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm munching raspberries, as we speak.  Took a piece of chicken out to cook for supper, seems as tho I'm have a lot of veggies for meals lately (well, not for lunch today!) and no protein.

OMG, thought I would try hitting Pic and see what happened - Look!

Pumpkin last week, and I love this one entitled:

"What's that you say, Nana?"  or  "I don't know if I believe that, Nana!"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yahoo! Maybe they are fixing things already now that the forums are under bdc's contreol. How adorable Pumpkin is!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Nice Pumkin Pictures TT...And yes...a whole lot of nothing today...looks like they are setting up a day in the offing...probably Friday...Cliffhanger Friday I call it

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Adorable?
    Nice?

He's "gorgeous" - "beautiful" - "handsome"  !!

Can I only see it because I'm his great grandma?  Be very careful how you answer that - - 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What's wrong with adorable? I thought it encapsulated all those things...no?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Not to my ears.  Adorable is like, a puppy is adorable.  A baby is beautiful. However, I just won't post any more pics of him, I'll keep him to myself and my friends.