August 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: August 2013

Omy gosh, what's the possibility of that?  Did you ever move away?

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Novem, that is awesome.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

November, that is really great. Good you have stayed in touch, or she could have moved back, and not known you are still there. If you click again, I am sure you and the kids will get to spend a lot of time together. But sometimes people do grow away from each other. If that has happened, don't be too disappointed.
    I still see some of my very old friends I grew up with, when I go back home, but it is not the same as it once was. I am sure I, who now has been here for 47 years, must have changed more than they.
    Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hello ladies. I wanted to check in and say I hope you all have a good weekend and week. I'll try to check in when I can. If not I'll be thinking of you all and I'll chat with you on the 12th.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have a wonderful time, Winter.  We'll mss you.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pictures of "the Lake" have started pouring in from the boat.  What a gorgeous day it is up there.  I've forwarded them to SS so she can go down memory lane with me!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Oh that's nice that you and SS can participate vicariously!  I wish you could have gone...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

I checked with SS last night to be sure she had seen the pics (they come through upside down from G.T.'s Iphone, we don't know why, so you have to download and then flip them vertically!), but she had not been on her email.  Two of her daus were planning on going up for the day, but plans changed til another week.  They have already been up a couple of times this summer and of course asked SS if she wanted to go along, but it is a long ride for her and too uncomfortable at this point in her recovery.  Got up to some more pics this morning.  I'm waiting to hear if things on land have changed.

Winter's on her way by now.  Hope they have good driving weather.  Vacations are an exciting time.  I always enjoying the "getting ready week before" just as much, packing up a box of staples we would take along, since eating out wasn't financially possible.  It was a fun time staying in those screen in porch cottages up there, with the world at our feet - at least that's how the boys and I felt.

A little chill in the air this morning, cool air coming in the windows I've just opened.  Haven't caught the news/weather yet, so not sure what to expect.

Did get a call last night from fam that was coming down today.  DIL's fa was taken to the hospital last night, and no word as of then what the underlying problem was.  Today's plans may be cancelled, depending on how he's doing.

In the meantime, I'm planning on getting around early and carrying on with all but taking all the frozen goodies out of the freezer.  Will still put together a tray of lasagna, if they do get down, that will be helpful for them to take home.  Hope you all have a good day.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning,

Winter, I've long sinced missed you, but am wishing you the best vacation!

tt, I hope it was nothing too serious and everyone can come to visit as you are preparing for.  How is SS feeling re her broken rib and skin issues?  Hopefully, both all resolved.

Definitely cooler mornings, like Fall.  I'm pleased since the heat really gets to my uncle; he has ankalosing spondalitis.  Of course, we'd run the air if we had to.

woke up to a scare this morning that kept me from saying hello 'til now.  Gracie has a raised red patch that made us wonder about infection.  Sent a photo to the vet, and she thinks it's ok, just an irritation.  Took her temp - normal.  As directed, put hydrocortisone cream on the spot and am waiting for a change.

the stove is still here, turns out it wasn't just a dream. :)

Have a great weekend, everyone!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Had a lovely evening with good company last night. Sat outside until really late. Needed a sweater late on. But our friends enjoyed eating outside as much as we usually do.
    Amazingly, we don't have mosquitoes this year. Could it be all the birds we are feeding? Are birds eating mosquito larvae?
    I invented a new appetizer from a lunch I had in TX (except my lunch was on a tortilla). A cracker smeared w/ goat cheese, then layered w/ thinly sliced and sauteed mushrooms, topped w/ a roasted half grape tomato. It was a big hit and so easy to do. I made everything ahead of time and put it together as we were eating them.
    My experimental Saffron ice cream came out a lot better, than I expected. I had added a bit of Xanthan to the mixture (1/4 teasp. to 1 quart or 4 cups of cream/milk). It came out very, very smooth and creamy. The best ever. Let me just add, that Xanthan is a natural product. It is a fermentation of corn sugar. I would never use chemicals.
    DH already left for work. I have to go to Costco to pick up some meds and a few other necessities. Will probably join him at the office later.
    Winter is on her way. Hope they have an easy drive this morning.
    Have a good day. Chat later.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, sorry to hear about your DIL's father being hospitalized. Hope it is nothing serious, and that they won't cancel the plans, you were looking so much forward to.

I can imagine you being worried, Kar. Hopefully the red patch is just what the Vet expect it is. Everything has gone so smoothly until now, so in my lay person's thoughts, I believe you would be over the infection stage. A couple more days to go and you will be able to walk her again. That should improve the blood circulation and the healing.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, what a deligtful evening!  I've noticed a lot of dragon flies this year; they eat loads of mosquitos, too.  Nice job recreating your yummy app - I love goat cheese and mushrooms together; their "earthy" rich flavors compliment each other, and topped with tomato, too?  Yum!!  Did you save any for us?  ;)  interesting, saffron ice cream.  Something you'd recommend flavor wise?  I have the indredients.

Thanks, yes, I'm prone to overreaction...I'm sure she'll be ok especially since not a hint of fever. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh, I see your concern, Kar. Looks icky. How is it after the cortisone application?

- Eleanor Roosevelt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's a little better, but I wonder if there is overall swelling, now...probably my imagination - staring and staring at it my mind will play tricks on me.  DH is right - how it looks in the morning will be the best indicator unless something really obvious changes today.  I might change my appt to get her staples out from Thursday to Tuesday if possible.  My aunt and uncle will be here, but if she needs to be seen there's not much I can do.  We can wait on the staples, but this issue might necessitate a change in plan.  Unfortunately, it's an hour and 15 minute drive.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Bring your aunt and uncle w/ you and take them to lunch at one of your favorite places on the way. They may enjoy the ride and get to see another part of MA.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, but I'd have Gracie with us.  2.5 hours of driving, 30 minute appointment, and leave her an hour in the car while we eat? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Looks like we won't have to worry about it; I think it's really looking better.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Ice it - can't hurt might help?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, hats.  Cold definitely would be good for the inflamed skin, but it would hurt as far as the surgery recovery goes - warm compresses are indicated for that.  Since it's right over the surgical site I just let it be aside from the hydrocortisone.

She's having a fit because DH is working in the garage and she can hear his tools...she is usually out there "helping," a euphemism for getting under his feet, lol.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

All seems well with the world right now.  I brought Gracie out, and she's content to sit under the maple up near where Daddy is working half in, half out of the garage.  I'm babysitting her on the leash.  Tied her for a second to the tree to grab the iPad and a beer. :)

How's everyone else's weekend going?  tt must be enjoying a visit, after all, with Lilly et al. :)

gorgeous day.  The dishes aren't doing themselves nor the vacuuming, but whatever!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

No visitors today, I'm sorry to say.  DIL's father has been undergoing bloodwork and tests, and will be going home around 6:00 after the final test results have been checked.  Nothing serious found, pain was most likely muscle strain, the result of heavy lifting he had done during the day which a man of his age should know better than to do.  They've given him a thorough check up which is good, and they can rest easy when they bring him home.  I was going to suggest tomorrow as a shopping day, but seeing as they didn't bring it up, I can only assume there are other plans already made.  Next week-end I have some shopping of my own I want to do, so we'll have to play it by ear.

Have been getting pics today from NH, one of a half eaten pickle from the Moultonboro General Store's pickle barrel !  What a tease!  My mouth is all puckery just thinking of it!

Lasagna will go into the oven tonight for my supper, and tomorrow's dinner, and probably Monday's supper too!  Maybe a square of two leftover to freeze for a rainy day.  Glad I only took out the scones for the sweet stuff, and brownies and sugar cookies remain frozen for another day.

It's been a nice leisurely day, only a wash done and some more paper doll clothes cut out.  A new mag that came in today's mail, glanced through, and the indoor plants watered and trimmed.

Glad Gracie is making it out to the backyard to be somewhat near her daddy.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Too bad no visit, tt, but at least it sounds like nothing serious for him.  Leisurely day here, too; just sitting on the lawn for Her Highness's sake.  Nice to have a few meals all done.  I don't get people who don't care for leftovers...I'm always thrilled for the little break despite liking to cook.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Whipped up a soup of one baked potato, 1/2 raw zucchini, water, and Colby cheese, whipped in the blender, cooked on the stove.  Simple, hot, hearty, and quick.  Not AS quick as already made lasagna, but close. :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Don't drool over the lasagna, it wasn't that good.  I didn't have as much mozzarella as I thought, so used a lot of Mexican shredded mix cheese with it, which I thought would give it a bite, but it was pretty flavorless.  Kind of glad I'm the only one eating it.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt