December 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: December 2013

I hope you are not flitting back and forth with meds doctoring yourself.  you know how badly you are feeling at this point, if you need to, get to the hospital and stay there if they want you to.  You need to be monitored.  Write down the name of the latest antibiotic that made you so ill and add it to your list of meds that you have an adverse reaction to.

Also, you might want to go in and delete the name in your post.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Holy Chitterlings, Kar, so sorry to hear that!  Lord have mercy on you!

The whoopies look delicious, TT.  Real always looks better than perfect; perfect is hard to achieve without the help of artificial ingredients and methods. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thank you, friends, for all your well wishes and prayers.  And, tt, thank you, too, for pointing out the name mistake from cutting and pasting.  

I'm being very careful to do the safe thing with meds.  I didn't get antibiotics because it's only fluid way deep in my inner ear, not infected.  Got stuff that's supposed to help dry/drain it.  Having a very hard time with vision, still, but am back to where I was before the medication change knocked me to the floor.

ETA if I could drive I would come get a Whoopie pie they look perfect to me

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. tt the cupcakes and the Whoopie pies look delicious. Lots of filling, which I LOVE.

Kar, hope you are on the mend, glad your DH is being so good to you. It's sort of cute of the stuff he was giving you as a bucket.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

He's adorable :)

(I'm thankful for the voice recognition typist and the select and speak function...better than nothing.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Off to shop!  Have to tackle Bed, Bath and Beyond - the parking lot there is worse than anything.  (Unless the Dollar Store has what I need - I'll check there first!)

TT, I'm bringing one of those 10 books in my purse to help me be patient in lines.  Yes, it's a lot but I have until Jan 4 to read them....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just called to sing "happy birthday" to G.T. and they are in the car on the way here already!  have to get around and finish getting myself ready.  Will check in late in the day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

How nice TT...I will fill you in on anything urgent with the Y&R...

Kar glad you are getting better

Pingo...safe journey if I miss the oportunity

wnter...I am so glad to hear about the pageant...sounds devine!

Tonight is the Selectman's meeting...they ,in part , will be discussing my appointment or non appointment...Honey and I will attend the meeting in case they have questions. I am told that the final decision is made by both boards ...I'll keep you updated

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Sounds like everyone are safe and have power after this storm. One is coming Tuesday. They haven't told us yet (unless I missed it) how much to expect. So inconvenient for everyone just before Christmas.

Happy birthday to GT. Glad to hear, tt, they are coming down after all. There are lots of lunch places around here, so as long as the driving is ok, why not? Wishing you a wonderful day with your two boys.

Kar, I just can't believe, how sick you are. Really, you shouldn't try to doctor yourself. Please make an appointment with an ear doc. Not to scare you, but this could make permanent damage. My asthma meds, I only take occasionally, would definitely dry out those fluids. I am prescribed to take them every day. But I can't. I would turn into parchment paper. Wishing you all the best, my friend.
    I did see the name of your DH too, but I thought is was just a trick of the automatic spell checker. Funny, I would never expect your DH having that name. From your posts, to me he sounds more like a Chris. Funny, how you put a name on someone, you don't even know. Bless him taking so good care of you.

Hats, the pickled apples were delicious. Went so well with the pork. Ate them all up. The next time, I will make sure to use the apples the recipe calls for. I used Empire apples, and they were a bit soft after an hour or so in the marinade. I think they would have been mushy after a week. The recipe is a keeper, and I will definitely get the anise pods. One of our friends grow fresh anise; I could use that too.
    Happy shopping. I went to BB&B last week. Not for Christmas gifts, but I have several coupons, and I wanted to change TX son's towels. They are 20 years old and show it now. It was a zoo there with lines 20 deep. So I backed out and left.

Good luck, Icer, with your application today. Will cross my fingers for you. I think you will make an awesome Health Inspector. I understand, you don't really want that job, but at least you will kick the other one out.

Staying at home today. Have to get the house and all my plants set up for us being away. No small job and I don't want to wait until the last minute. Worked all weekend on office stuff, and I feel I am in a good shape there.

Have a good day everyone. Will check in later.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hats, I  meant to tell you but keep forgetting. My coat/jacket saga is over. I finally went - as per your recommendations - with one from LLBean. I love it, love it, love it. And very reasonable too. Thanks pal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Think I told you all bout the guy who was going to rake my leaves and never shoqwed, well he was also the snow remover guy.....I called and asked him if he was still going to do my snow removal and he said yes and apoligized all over the place about the leaves.  When I woke up Sun. morning and looked out the door into the driveway, it was partially cleared, my steps were all done and a path right to the door.....didn't hear anyone doing anything, so I don't know who did the clearing, think it was him?  If it was I hope he calls or sends me a bill.  Think who ever did it,it was real nice to wake up to.

Icer....I met a horse in your town once, I was in the middle of the street talking to my friend when this woman came down the st. leading a horse, asked us if we would hold him while she delivrerd tomatoes to her neighbor, I said, sure and reached for the reins, he moved and stepped right on my foot, I gave his rear a bump and he moved off, thank goodness she had just removed his shoes to clean......My instep and toes were black and blue for quite some time...

tt---you have so much energy....can you bottle some up and send it over, or better yet come over and clean and we can visit...I'll even bake my apple cake for you.  ss

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, yes, I did get an asthma drug yesterday to dry my ear.  I hope it works like what you take.  Flonase?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ah, good! Mine is Spiriva. It is an inhaler, and it really dries me out completely. My mouth, my vocal cords - everything, gets so dry. I just can't take it as prescribed. But I use it as soon as a cold it showing it's ugly head.
    Best to you, my dear. Hope you will get better very soon.

ETA. Have never used Flonase. So I can't say anything about it. Thought is was used for nasal problems.

In response to kargiver's comment:

Pingo, yes, I did get an asthma drug yesterday to dry my ear.  I hope it works like what you take.  Flonase?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks!  

Have to hold the iPad awkwardly to read (albeit an improvement) so will sign off for now.

best to everyone

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

edit/nevermind.

I forgot, I was told not to post in this forum by one of the regular posters.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Robin, I don't think, anyone here (me included) told you NOT to post here. Sorry, you translated it that way. Anyone can post here. We are just a bit tired of you always have to comment and post links in condescending manner, as if we are non-informed citizens. All the Chatters are indeed very well informed.
    Please if you will, post exciting and non exciting things happening in your life. Not that we are nosy, but it is always interesting to learn about other people, and how other people are celebrating their life.
    As for Mass Eye and Ear, I agree wholehearted with you. Best place to be, when eyes and ears are bothering you.
    Peace!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Thanks, Pingo

I just wanted to share the positive experience I had at Mass Eye and Ear (24/7 ER) back when.

One ear was blocked after a URI, I couldn't hear anything and was dizzy.

I was in and out of there in about 90 minutes,  and much better.

ETA:   

In response to pingo's comment:

"Robin, I don't think, anyone here (me included) told you NOT to post here. Sorry, you translated it that way. Anyone can post here. We are just a bit tired of you always have to comment and post links in condescending manner, as if we are non-informed citizens. All the Chatters are indeed very well informed.
    Please if you will, post exciting and non exciting things happening in your life. Not that we are nosy, but it is always interesting to learn about other people, and how other people are celebrating their life.
    As for Mass Eye and Ear, I agree wholehearted with you. Best place to be, when eyes and ears are bothering you.
    Peace!" (end quote)

The bold print portion speaks for itself.   LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hello,

Guys just left.  We walked/were blown around over the Lynnfield Marketplace.  My gawd was it cold when that wind blew!  Had lunch at Davios (I still think it's nothing special) after poking in William Sonoma then stopped in the candy store where I got some ice rock candy for a couple of the Gkids, browsed Crate and Barrel, then headed home for the cupcakes and ice cream.  They got so much done for me - brought down and set up my tree, decorated it, brought up the long folding table, got my new kitchen valances up, trimmed Cheerio's claws, and partner checked on what the heck my Kaspersky security computer system was talking about, and updated it for me.  Brought the book partner had made for G.T.'s birthday, celebrating his life up to this point.  He did a nice job. Cupcakes were delicious, if I do say so myself, and I do, and I sent the remaining 6 frosted ones home with them.  When they left they were on their way into Boston to walk around before meeting friends (which G.T. doesn't know about) for supper and an evening at the Pops, which he does know about.  They have a nice life.

Seeing your post, SS, they also pushed a bit of the ice off the back walk and spread some ice melt around.  Nice to have a man or two around the house, even for just a couple of hours!  Now not to lose the momentum they started, will get some of the other decorations up.  Heard from youngest that my GD is "free" to come and make her bowl on Wednesday only this week.  I'll take it.

Kargiver, how are you doing?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, sounds like you had a wonderful day with your two favorite? boys. Yes, that Market Street can be just like the Costco parking lot, when the wind blows. I take my walk there, but not recently, when it has been so cold and windy. Haven't been to Davio's yet. But we have not heard any really positive comments yet. Everyone tells us it is "OK". Too expensive, for what you get. That doesn't ring in my ears as a place, I am dying to visit.
    Happy for you, they did so much for you, while there (but you do a lot for them too). But you know, what we think is a pain-in-the-neck job, our youngsters think nothing of it. Still, I am sure you appreciate their help.
    Been busy all day cleaning out my refrigerator for odds and ends. Just amazing, how much hides in there. Sad to throw it in the disposal, but it had to go.
    In btw. TX son called. They just came from the baby doc. All is well. Baby and mom are doing fine.
    Also organized my freezer. Some stuff, was beyond date. I am not going to toss it, but I am leaving it in the front, so I can use it asap.
    Now I am gong to tackle my laundry room. I have stacks and stacks of clothes, I need to give to the Veterans. Sounds like an odd job to do just before Christmas, but I am at home today and I am sure the Veterans can use some warm clothing.
    Tonights dinner will be baked haddock with creamed spinach. Both freezer treasures - LOL.
    Will make some tartar sauce to go with it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Fish sounds good for supper, but I am sitting here nibbling on a cold piece of pot roast from yesterday.  Don't really want a full meal.  You got a lot of done today, Pingo.  I, on the other hand, frittered the afternoon away after they left.  Guess my energy had gotten blown away with the wind.

Hawk made an appearance again today while they were here and I made them go out and bang a couple of covers together to scare it off.  Yard was full of squirrels and birds, scattering - to safety, I hope.

Waiting for it to get a little darker so I feel comfortable getting into my robe and nightie and settling in for the night.

Hard to believe you'll be leaving Friday,  Pingo.  Hope you have good travelling weather.  we'll miss you.

Did you get to BB&B, Hats?  Are you stopping by tomorrow for a birthday cupcake?  I'll frost a couple more, if so.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

HaHa - Cheerio has found her new source of warmth!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh, that Cheerio. She is such a delight. Whenever I see pictures of her, I want a kitty. But unfortunately, it is a no-go. DH dislike cats. In his culture, cats are unlucky. So I am enjoying my sons' kitties and yours.
    Your tree is beautiful.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Pingo, glad LL worked out for a coat for you!

Our network was on the fritz today so had no access - di not go to BBB - by the time I finished grocery shopping, all the crazies were out so I decided that discretion was the better part of valor.  Couldn't even get a parking space at the Dollar Store!  Then could not do any work that involved sending emails or research -  or even read the chat because the network was out - so it was a very quiet day.  I did get a nice haul of Christmas cards.  TT, thanks for leaving a cupcake for me, I'll sneak in in front of the storm tomorrow to eat it.  One candle will be sufficient - about to pull a Jack Benny on the age front.  I'll be driving in the storm all day, sigh.

Kar, feel better.

Icer good luck tonight at the select board.  SS. glad someone did your shoveling!

No Winter today, hope she is not ill.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hi everyone!  Haven't had much time lately to check in, but for good reason. I was given a promotion and have been swamped learning my new job and tying up projects on my last. my being considered for it came as a complete surprise but I think it will be a good move for me once I settle in. Thank goodness for online shopping or id never be ready for Christmas!!  I normally would run out at lunch and grab things here and there but it's been meeting after meeting after meeting.  

sorry to see you have been so sick, Kar. I hope you are on the mend no with meds. of course DH is taking great care of you, as you would for him. 

Pingo, enjoy Texas!

Winter, tt, ss, Rama, and all --  merry merry Christmas in case I don't get a chance to tell you all sooner to the day!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Congratulations November!