December 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: December 2013

Ah, well, you can see whose point of view it was coming from!  LOL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning at work today, my nose feels a litlte better, but I have a very sore throat. My knee hurts badly today too. I had ACL/MCL surgery 3 years ago today and I'm hoping it's just tired. I just mailed out my Christmas Cards this morning.

tt, sounds like you've been busy finishing the baskets and baking. I wrapped mostly everything last night, I just have to wrap the stocking stuffers.

Happy belated birthday Icer, that Zach is a cutie.

Pingo, have a lovely time in TX. Jealous that you got to eat outside, it was very nice out yesterday, but not that nice.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sounds as tho you have what your son was coming down with before the pageant.  Dose up with the same things you gave him.  You might have been standing or sitting for long periods of time - re your knee.  Knees don't like anything aggravating.

Just drymopped in here and the toyroom, figured as long as I was passing by where I keep the mop, drag it along and have that done!  Making 2 batches of scones today, tho I'd rather do it tomorrow and have them that much fresher, but will toss them in the freezer tonight and hope they do well Christmas morning.  One plain, one cranraisin.  Also your banana muffins, which are so moist, I know they'll be alright without freezing.  Want to get the house cleaning done today, just light stuff, and tie up those baskets.  Decided not to add the gingerbread men, I have 28 individually bagged (which I wasn't going to do this year), but some people go right for the tray of them to be sure they get one, so I'll just leave them out in the tray.

I'm off to give the upstairs bathroom a wipe down, throw a wash in (do the washes ever get caught up?) and then start on the muffins or scones.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh the laundry. I did two loads yesterday, I went shopping with my mom. She wanted to get me some stuff and something for DS. I have more to do tonight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

this morning I've made a batch of plain scones and a batch of cranraisin scones, and the banana muffins are in the oven as we speak.  Just have to throw the wash into the dryer and make up my bed.  Good day to be inside and working around.  Going to be awfully hard to leave those scones alone, they smell sooo good.

I forget, are you working tomorrow?  G.T. has it off - have to get an email to him asking him to bring his coffee maker, I just have the French Press.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,

Happy belated birthday, Icer. I don't think, you ever told us your birthday is Dec. 22. I would certainly have remembered, as it is my late sister's birthday too.

sorry, you are not feeling well, Winter. It sounds like you caught your son's sore throat. Try Kar's onion syrup. Grate an onion, mix with equal amount of sugar. Let it sit and it will develop a syrup, you take teaspoonfuls of during the day (I just throw everything in my small food processor). I really works well.

Kargiver, you must be at the ear doc now. Hope he can " fix" your ear, so you can enjoy Christmas.

Start getting a bit cool here. Need a fleece, when we go out. But it is still nice. We went to a nursery yesterday, and the roses are still in bloom. While DS and D I L shopped (bought a garden fountain for DIL's parents) , I sat on a bench and got my Vit D.

DIL went to work, DS and DH is working in the garage, putting new breaks on one of their cars, and I will spend the day wrapping gifts. 

Hope all is well in Boston. Have a good day all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Sounds Devine Pingo...All the best to you and yours

Not to be misunderstood...my birthday was Sat the 21st

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I imagine the scones smell devine. I am working tomorrow, they usually dismiss us at 2 p.m. Then I need to go home and make clam dip and buffalo chicken dip.

Pingo what a nice time you are having already in TX.

Kar, hope you are at the doctor and they can get you feeling better again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

At Christmas time we think of those

who through our lives  have passed -

and wonder what's been happening,

since talking with them last.

Your presence in our daily chat

we all  looked forward to -

especially those late night posts

you'd leave us around 2 !

We know an accident, one quite severe

laid you up for quite a while -

and took its toll on energy

and maybe slowed your style, 

but we're hoping, Mothermitzi,  

you still read some of our posts,

and one day soon you'll drop a line

saying,  what we want to hear the most -

that recovery, tho slow, has come

and now you're feeling better -

Until then, know we miss you 

and send prayers within this letter.

Wishing you a happy and healthy holiday season for your entire family.  We miss hearing about them.

God bless -

Love, toytrumpet - Christmas 2013

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt,what a beautiful poem. mm, I hope you and your family are well and have a blessed Holiday season. We miss you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Hi all, happy Monday

Kar, I'm missing reading your posts and I hope you are ok.  Looking forward to a line from you.  I know you will write as soon as you are able to do so.

TT, that was a nice poem, you have a real talent.

Winter, hope you are feeling ok as the day goes on

I'm doing ok, we had our family holiday party (one of them0 at our house this weekend.  It was a lot of work, 30 adults and 7 kids.  The slippers I bought went over well, so that was a relief!  We had so much food leftover, sent a bunch home with some relatives but still will be eating leftovers for next few days, until Christmas!  We aren't hosting at all on Christmas though, so that's a nice break.  My presents for the girls are all wrapped and ready to go, just have to wrap DH's presents sometime tonight.  Hopefully he will have a football game or something to watch while I slip upstaisr and take care of it. 

At work now but off for the rest of the week.  I will pop on as much as I can to check in from home.  Vacation will be nice but I have to figure out lots of activities to do tokeep the kids busy so we don't all go stir crazy!! At least after wednesday there will be some new toys to play with!

ETA: TT, the paper bowls came out really neat! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Nice to hear from you Rama. Have fun home with the girls. I'm just off the day after Christmas, so we'll play with all the new gadgets.

I'll be heading out soon, so goodnight everyone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Goodnight Winter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Beastsgirl - your avatar appeared, but no post ???

How have you and your family been?  I think of you often and wonder how you are doing since your move and your dau's return from her grandmother's funeral in Ireland.  Doesn't seem possible that was a year ago.  Please stop in and let us know what's going on.  Best wishes for a merry Christmas.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, Rama.  I think in rhyme most of the time.  --  OOps!

If the weather is bad, I'll bet the girls will be satisfied staying in with all their new toys, not having to get dressed and out right away.  Nice for them to just lounge around in their p.j.s in the morning.

My cooking is done except for prep for strata to sit in fridge tomorrow night, and the kielbasa in the crockpot Christmas morning.  Glad I got the baking done.  Tried one of the banana muffins - I had popped them in the oven after making 2 batches of scones at 425 and forgot to turn the oven down!  Luckily I checked them after 20 minutes because I could smell them.  It was then I noticed the oven temp.  Put a tester in after trying my finger test, but they weren't quite done.  Gave them another 2-3 minutes and took them out, but was curious if I had dried them out, or worse yet, left the middle uncooked!  The one I had with supper, at least, was fine.  That is such a good recipe of Winter's.

Made my saltine candy after supper with the Trader Joe's choc bits and had no problem with the chocolate melting.  Such a fluke last time when I tried to make it to take to G.T.'s Thanksgiving.

Re the paper bowls.  The wider strip is easier to pull up, but much harder to coil/roll very big, it loosens up as it gets bigger.  The flower pot is kind of cute, but don't know what it could be used for, except fake plant that you didn't water.  I wasn't aiming to make a pot, just the way it pulled up.  I was more selective of pages I folded, using only the ones that were heavily colored and stayed away from, as much as possible, the print. Better color was the result.

Imagine we'll all be pretty busy tomorrow.  Doesn't seem like almost Christmas Eve to me.  No one running in and out, I guess that's why.  Hope you have a merry one, sure you will with the little ones.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Icer, this is SS's DD... Went out the other night looking for pretty Christmas Lights w/ mom & my sister ... Your house is a must see on my list... Funny, 2 years ago my friends son kept bugging his mom to take me to the "wonderful Christmas house"... Low and behold ... It was YOURS LOL ...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Beautiful poem, tt, to a beautiful lady, who is so missed. I do hope, she will see it and let us hear, how she is doing. Thanks for writing it.

Just finished wrapping the last present. Some mix-up from William Sonoma. They sent me 2 of one item, of which I only ordered one. And another item was missing. So now I have to ravel that out. Fortunately the missing one is for our DIL, for whom we have several gifts.

UK son face-timed us from Argentina a little while ago. They are having a marvelous time. They are staying at a rooming house right now, and the family invited them to join them for their Christmas dinner. People are very friendly there. in the next town, they will be visiting, they will be staying with the mother of one of DS's friends, he worked with in P-burg. 

Going to a Mexican restaurant tonight, so DIL doesn't have to cook. She has been busy preparing for tomorrow night. They serve the best Mexican food ever.

have a good night everyone.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

I just wanted to pop in and wish you all a very Merry Christmas.  You all bring a lot of light into my days, reading about how you are, what you are doing, etc.    For this I am thank full!  Looking forward to a wonderful 2014 for ALL of us!!Smile

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Things have been awful here, sorry to report.  Saw ENT guy who immediately ordered a contrast MRI which I had yesterday.  Still feeling and seeing awful. 

Praying you all have a merry Christmas.  Will be thinking of you, but am unable right now to catch up.

Blessings,

kar

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In response to shakersilly2010's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Icer, this is SS's DD... Went out the other night looking for pretty Christmas Lights w/ mom & my sister ... Your house is a must see on my list... Funny, 2 years ago my friends son kept bugging his mom to take me to the "wonderful Christmas house"... Low and behold ... It was YOURS LOL ...

[/QUOTE]

Hey DD...Nice to read from you...I will be passing this along to Honey...or shall I say his inner child...lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

We will be having a somber Christmas here in town...we lost one of our sons yesterday...His first name was Danny...His Mother had an in home day care and my son and he were friends. He also worked for my husband's contracting business in the summers....Words can not express our sorrow. He died in Afganastan.

Kar, I really hope u feel better

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone and Happy Christmas Eve day.          

Pingo, sounds like you are having a wonderful time, what a cool experience for your son spending Christmas in Argentina. Mexican for Christmas is very different to me, I love it! Princess, may you have a wonderful Christmas and my hope for you is that 2014 is a very healthy year for you.  Icer can you share a picture of your house all done up? I'd love to see, we have the neighborhood most decorated house too. I don't have a picture, but I'll take one soon. tt, hope you are having a good morning. I'm glad your saltine candies worked out well. When you make the banana muffins how long do you cook them?       

Kar, so sorry to hear you are still very ill. Did they find anything on the MRI. Wishing you a quiet but blessed Christmas, where you can rest and enjoy your DH.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Icer, sorry for your loss, what a horrible time to lose a loved one. I'll be thinking of you and your family.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I could share a picture...but it doesn't do it justice...I shoot video but I don't know how to get that on here...I'll do it tonight