February 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

February 2013

Rabbit Rabbit

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Re: February 2013

Icer, you beat me by 6 min.  Hope all is well at your address.  All fine here, altho I missed out on a long awaited trip to Foxwoods yesterday.....at 6:20AM I just couldn't walk against the wind to my friends car....was really upset. oh well, theres always next month....ss

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. That's too bad you couldn't get to Foxwoods ss, but maybe that means you will win next time. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Such a shame SS..But I like the way Winter thinks!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Delicious egg omelet with shredded cheese and a hot hot cup of coffee this morning.  Good way to start the day.  Have a couple of errands I should have tucked onto the end of the dr.'s appt. yesterday, and didn't.  Well, by the time I got home it was 1:30 and lunch time was way past my regular eating time.  So, I'll have to run out this morning, even tho I'd like to just snuggle down and get more into Alice Munroe's book that has to be returned next week.

Hats, my favorite soap was "As the World Turns".  Nancy and Chris ran what seemed to me the typical household, and their son, Bob who was the doctor, gave a glimpse into the hospital life.

Pingo must have landed by now.  Hope she's happy to be back, and hope her DH got checked out by their doctor for his cold.

Happy to have a teenager who likes to read in the family, so yesterday ordered another book from B&N and  had it shipped to my DIL's teen granddaughter.  She had some on her wish list for Christmas, and in her gift bag I had tucked a couple of them.  20% off from B&N came up a couple of days ago, so I ordered the John Green one she had also listed.  If she keeps me supplied with a listing of books or authors she likes, I'll keep them coming to her.  Happy to do it.

Time to make one more cup of coffee, gosh, it's 9:00 already, and then in an hour bundle up and head out.  Got to remember to check the hubcaps too, thought I heard one bounce off on Route 1 yesterday.  I'll check in later.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, I'm sluggishly lazy this morning, having just gotten dressed, so no trip out today.  Some mornings I'm just tired of rushing around and being out of the house by 10:30 or so.  I dressed nice and toasty warm, and there are several rooms I want to take care of.  If I feel like it I can always shoot out after Y&R.

I'm getting very discouraged with these boards and the lack of participation.  You know, it's like a conversation between friends - you have a responsibility to keep up your end.  I know a lot of you work days, but participation in the past under the same circumstances was a lot higher.  Perhaps those we haven't seen lately have just decided to drop out.  Not fair to be a lurker, scanning our posts, but not jumping in with contributions.  Why should we just entertain you - we want to be entertained too!  lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hi, sorry I wasn't posting this morning. I'm on a quick break from training. It's Crucial Conversations. I hope you feel less sluggish as the day goes on. This afternoon around 1, I'll be around more. Have to go back now. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Crucial conversations sounds very interesting.  Would love to hear more.

Taking a quick weekend trip, should be back on Sunday.  Hope you all have a good weekend.  Pingo a bit worried that we haven't heard from you yet, with all the wind and the airport excitement yesterday....

Nancy and Chris ...ah yes.  Was their last name Hughes or am I confusing them with DOOL?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, Hughes.   After Chris has a heart attack, or some such medical problem, Nancy was cooking a pot roast, and he asked about the gravy being greasy or fatty - - She said, "Have you ever known any gravy of mine to be greasy?"  That stuck with me, seemed like your normal everyday family conversation around a Sunday dinner! Can see their son in the hospital and nurses calling, "Dr. Hughes - - -"  It had a good varied cast of characters.

Have a fun week-end.  Just got an email from DIL (Lilly's grandma) who has a dilemma, invite to watch super bowl at her dau's FIL, or go to a Celtics game she's been given tickets to.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I watched "As the Worlds Turns" in High School. I don't remember Nancy and Chris Hughes, but their son, Tom was on. I believe he was the Distict Attorney, he was married to a police detective Margo. 

The training was ok, told us different ways to bring up important stuff like raises, or difficult employees, etc.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good afternoon,
    I came back last night and Boston welcomed me with freezing wind, and a very sick husband. I have been playing nurse all night and this morning. It doesn't happen often, that DH is sick, so I forgot how sick he is, when he has a cold. Well, to be honest, he is really down with a nasty cold and cough. Doc tested him, and it is not the flu. He is now on antibiotics, so it hopefully doesn't turn into pneumonia. But the antibiotics makes him terribly nauseated.

Yes, Hats, the last name was Hughes. I used to watch that show, when I was at home with the boys. Have a great weekend. Hope you are going to a warm place.

tt, I too sometimes feel, you and I are pulling the horse cart here. But I guess, there are times, chatters do not have much to say or report or think, it is not worth writing about. I still appreciate the few posts, that show up here. Wintertime is an iffy time of the year. People are cooped up inside, tired of the cold and not much going on. Would rather snuggle with a book, than sitting at their computer during their scarce free time. Lots more is happening during the rest of the seasons. I am wondering though, why we don't hear from Amber or not very much from mm. They both used to be so active here. I hope we haven't offended them with anything.

For you, who do not follow the Loseit! thread, I am proud to announce, that I got my 10 pound badge. I didn't weigh in while away, so when I stepped on the scale this morning it showed, I had lost 10.2 pounds from my original weight. Yea! And that was w/o really trying, while I was away. I was just logging in the food I had. The program calculates the calories. If anyone are thinking of losing a few, this program is really easy. I am going for another 10. So 20 all together.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Congrats on the weight loss Pingo. Sorry your DH is sick. Hope he starts to feel a bit better with the meds. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

No Pingo, quite the reverse I am packing my long johns, wool socks, ugly (apparently the brand name of the boots is banned!  How strange!)  boots, hat, gloves, fleece, thinsulate etc.   I will probably be throwing off my coat...which reminds me all my stuff is by the door but not a coat because it is so warm packing the car!  Over an hour of that, climbing up on the roof - I am pooped!

Yeah, I remember the DA son from Edge too ....loved the skyline grandually darkening and the announcer's voice.   The Edge.....of night....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hats, I was talkining about As the World Turns. I don't remember Edge at all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Glad to see you're home safely, Pingo.  Sorry DH is down with that awful cold.  Good you convinced him to see the doctor when you did so that he could start on the antibiotics.

Watched Y&R today just to catch a glimpse of "Jason", and a glimpse of him was all I got - at the very end in the previews, saying, "Avery - -".   Speaking of soaps, I don't think the characters you mention were on "As the World Turns", Winter.  Doesn't sound familiar at all to me.

You mentioned posters we don't hear from any more, Pingo, and hoping we hadn't offended them.   MM, I think, is in the process of healing and getting back to feeling normal.  As for Amber, she made it perfectly clear why she was leaving the boards.  It was quite an eye-opener for me, whom she had professed to be so fond of, to read what she really thought of me.  But, there are others who used to pop in and offer their view on things, and post about what was going on in their lives.  Made for a nice mix.

I've been typing this for quite a while, and see there are other posts that have come up in the meantime.  I'll hit "Add your post", before any more time goes by!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

In the 80's on the show Tom Hughes was DA or the ADA. Same show with Lucina, Holden, Lilly, etc. I loved As the World Turns. 

Here is a link about Tom Hughes on the show.  http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Hughes_(As_the_World_Turns)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

looks like you have to cut and paste it...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, I am happy to see other posters as well. I just mentioned those two, since they used to post at all hours. It was nice to get up and read a late post from the night before.
    As for, what happened btw. you and Amber must have been a fluke. Must have been a bad day for her. Can't imagine, Amber would quit the forums because of you. She was very fond of you and you of her.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I watched this show from 1982-1998. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

OK I read and figured it out. Tom is the grandson of Chris and Nancy. :) 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OK, I never watched it during those later episodes.  Couldn't stand the one who played Bob's wife (guess that would be Tom's mother).  She was too too, and by that time I was working full time anyway.  My times would have been 60's when the boys were young and I was home.  Loved it when Eileen Fulton played Bob's wife and maybe then his ex.  She was one of my favorites.

Funny, just got an email from Cat Lady re today's Y&R and lack of Jason's appearances.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

My mom watched it then. I remember her watching in the 70s and early 80s which is how I started watching it. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Tea time - -

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Eileen Fulton was Tom's mom, Lisa. But in the 60s he would have been a very small boy, since I believe he was born then. She was great on the show, I think she was on until the end. She had 4 or 5 husbands after him I think.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Loved her.  The troublemaker you love to hate!