February 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: February 2013

You want to take an aggressive approach to keep this thing under control, next thing they will want to do is x-rays about every 3 months $$

My dog did not like his special diet either, he would look at his dog dish and bark!

After a few days of this and my adding a little chicken broth to his food to entice him, he started to gobble up whatever I put down.

He's ok with it now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

No need to be snippy I'm in charge, the doctor did mention to add water but not an entire cup for the amount of food I am giving. He's a cat and is only allowed to eat about 1/2 cup of dry food a day. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I have the "Ignore" option too, but I lost the "Edit". And what it this with "New Post"?

Good to have a diagnosis, Winter. At least you can do something about it. Hope he is improving w/you TLC. Interesting about the cold tub, but it makes sense.

Funny about Desmond playing fetch, tt. Maybe he has dog genes in him.

Novenber, you hit it on the nail. That is exactly the way I feel here, sitting around with old friends for a cup of tea or coffee. And I ususally post whille drinking my morning coffee and my afternoon tea.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo, Desmond is a character.  This was the first I had heard about him grabbing the mail and running with it.  I was surprised the other day to find when I was exasperated with Cheerio and put my hand out and said, "No.  Sit"  -  She did!!  lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

No need to be snippy I'm in charge, the doctor did mention to add water but not an entire cup for the amount of food I am giving. He's a cat and is only allowed to eat about 1/2 cup of dry food a day. 

All my 12 pound dog gets is 1/3 cup of prescription dry food twice a day soaked in water/broth with maybe a spoonful of cooked meat.

When it blows up with the water it looks like double the amount.

I didn't think he'd adjust to the prescription food, but he did after he skipped a few meals, he's well nourished so it wasn't a concern.

I didn't think I was being snippy.

Best of luck.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I missed that Desomnd catches the mail, went back and read it again. That is too cute. Yoda just looks at me with big eyes when I tell him something. 

Robin, thanks for the link you gave. My Vet told me not to use that much water, but to add some. He doesn't have pescription food yet, but we are giving wet food with the dry.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Have a good night everyone. I'll try to post later. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, I'm sure the mailman has stories to tell.  He probably rattles the mail slot, puts the mail half way through and wiggles it, and Desmond comes flying from wherever  he is and grabs it. It's no problem as long as he brings it to the same place upstairs all the time.  lol

Give Yoda a hug.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hats, you might want to catch the 5:00 news.  WBZ said they will be giving details of a Northeaster - sounds as tho Friday's snow might be developing into something bigger than expected.  I don't know what your funeral plans are, but if travel is involved, worth it to catch it.

Also, reading a book I will mention - if you like Alice Munroe and her character descriptions, you might enjoy this lighter version of the same, "The Lost Art of Mixing" by Erica Bauermeister.  I'm halfway through it and enjoying the characterization of the individuals connected with a restaurant.  Lighter, of course, than Alice's, but enjoyable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Thanks TT I will run.to turn it on..I knew poss snow but aaaargggghhhh  nice of you to warn me because I don't watch TV....

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Jeepers, I'm soooo glad those days are behind me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

JC, that's so funny what we imagine!  Gracie is a full blooded Black Lab, the taller American line.  Check out the dog.com logo - that's her right down to her red collar, lol.

Winter, I think based on the reviews of other cat owners dealing with what Yoda has the homeopathic drops would be worth investigating for sure because so many report that they don't have any repeats after starting using them.  Poor Yoda - I know how much UTIs hurt; they make me literally gasp in pain. :(  But, yeah, the antibiotics do work within 2 - 3 days.

Gracie is all clean and blown dry.  And, on the way home I found a sale on Woolrich women's clothes and bought a pair of jeans and a spring down jacket for 35% off (which makes it average given Woolrich's prices!).  Didn't want to spend that much, but I know they are quality.

got to get a few more chores done before I start dinner.  have a great night, everyone!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I just put some potatoes in to bake.  I could microwave them but I love to do them in the oven on these cold days.  (I do have a smaller oven I can use.)  I'll add some leftover pulled chicken and some sweet peppers to the menu - quick and warm, that's the ticket.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I did chicken tenders dipped in egg and then rolled in Panko crumbs in the oven, had sliced cranberry sauce and a few chips with them, along with a Pepsi.  Deciding on which chocolate (Hershey's, mallow cookie) to have to top it off.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hats, I always do my baked potatoes in the oven (unless I put them on the grill in the summer), They just don't taste like a baked potato to me, when I micro them. I know, I save time and money, buy I would rather be w/o them then. If you like baked potatoes, you might want to try, what my DIL served me last week. She peeled 2/3 of the potato (left 1/3 on the bottom of the potato), then sliced it in 1/4 inch slices the short way, but only until the peel. Drizzled it with olive oil and then sprinkled salt on top. Baked it like you would a potato w/o foil. It was delicious. I love potatoes in all forms, and often just have a baked potato with some "sprinkles" for lunch.

Your chicken tenders sounds good to me too, tt. But strawberry sauce? That's a new to me. I would have done cranberry sauce, but they are both tart, so strawberries are not such a bad idea.

We have leftover Chinese on our menu tonight. Broad noodles w/ beef, Shezuan spicy chicken and dry roasted stringbeans. Sliced strawberries w/ whipped cream for dessert.

Just noticed we have "edit" back, but "ignore" is gone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You had your "strawberry" dessert on the brain, Pingo.  Read my post again, it said cranberry sauce, not strawberry sauce !! lol

Ignore only shows up on the other posters postings -

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, I think you have edit on your posts and ignore on people's other than yours...makes sense, right?  I love potato in "all forms," too - good thing we aren't on a diet, per se. :)

We had chicken, too, but boneless, skinless thighs.  I like the dark meat the best and served it over mixed greens with cucumber and goat cheese on mine and a shredded blend for DH who despises goat anything, lol.

DH loves my new clothes and my figure. ;)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Everyone ready for the snow? Yoda took his last pain pill/treat last night, so I'm hoping with that and the antibotic he's on the mend. I'm going to check out some canned food to see what's out there for low ash and magnesium and pick some up there is a Pet store across the street.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning, Winter

Hope the antibiotic has done its trick.  Poor little guy.  With regard to the new food, the vet might be able to recommend a brand to you - I'm sure he's seen lots of little patients with the same problem.

Just getting ready to have a nice cup of coffee and a thick slice of your banana bread.  Good breakfast!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

http://www.hillspet.com/products/pd-feline-cd-multicare-feline-bladder-health-dry.html

by prescription from vet

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12964507

both brands come in canned food also    http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12964512&lmdn=Brand&f=PAD%2FpsNotAvailInUS%2FNo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning - Winter, hope poor Yoda is on the mend.  Poor little guy.

Looks like we are in for some snow on Friday - I'm still hoping that it will go out to sea!

TT - that's funny about Desmond.  As you know, MIL lives in an in-law apt on our house.  We have trained Spencer to "bring the mail to Nana."  He takes (some of it at least) and brings it up - it's very cute.  He gets so excited when the mail comes.  However, I have never heard of a cat doing something like that - very funny!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Princess, he is a funny cat.  When I've been there he can exhaust you with toss and fetch play.  I'm wondering what happens on regular work days when they aren't  home - - does Desmond still grab the mail and run upstairs with it?  Maybe it's just when they're home and he can bring it to them.  My thought:  are there bills/other mail that they never see - dropped somewhere by their fetching cat??  lol

ETA:  I'll have to send GT an email this morning and ask - tell him wondering (or is it "wandering" ?) minds want to know.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks Princess. That's cute that Spencer brings the mail to your MIL.

tt, I can picture Desmond running around with the mail. Hopefully if he's hiding any mail it's just the annoying junk mail. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You know, now that I think of it, fetching for a cat is not so unusual.  Cheerio has that knitted square and one of her wand toys that she drags around to drop at my feet, and we used to have a cat who would chase and retrieve a piece of cellophane crumpled up.

Your MIL must be tickled by Spencer bringing her mail, Princess, so cute.