February Chat 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

February Chat 2011

Good-bye to January,

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: February Chat 2011

Hello to February! 

And, what a hello it is.  The snow is coming down here very heavily.  Poor Gracie will honestly have a hard time doing her business - she's looking with what appears to be true disdain out the back window.  Mabye she's thinking how good cats have it with their indoor facilities.

I made a banana bread yesterday, surprising DH upon his return home to the scent of it having just come out of the oven.  Mmm. :)

I bet he'll come home early today to plow and shovel...again.  He joined the lamenting chorus heard across the state this morning, "Where shall I PUT it all???"

Be safe and warm, everyone!!

~kar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning and hello February.  Eleven days left to the wedding and 14 days to Hawaii...if I can get there.  I shouldn't have gone in to work today - what a lovely day it will be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, Winter...too bad.  BUT, since you're there, at least you didn't use a vacation day.  Wow, it's all coming up so fast!  You must be soooooo pumped.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Actually until Thursday I'm on restrictions so I'd get to use my sick time.  However, if they close school early I have to take a 1/2 vacation day. I am pumped...at this point I just want to get to Hawaii, not sot caring so much to get back here with more snow.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning February, and hello to beef stew.  Perfect day to thaw the meat out and have it simmering for supper, along with either biscuits or dumplings - maybe dumplings for a change.

Got an early start to the day, already hard boiled a couple of eggs for salads later, and have a wash in, sudsing away.

Today show this morning is having "Pioneer Woman" as a guest.  I had  gone on her website after reading about her in Sunday's paper,  (went from corporate to cowboy's wife - sounded interesting) but not to my style, probably would be to you 30-40 year olds.  She has blogs and writings, along with recipes.

Yesterday was productive in that I finally pulled the shredder out of the closet and started going through pile of receipts and old bank statements.  At some point I had to go upstairs, and there again, filled a couple of bags with clothes and household items to put out for the Vietnam Vets next drive through town.  It's almost like the spring/fall cleaning out frenzy I get into - I'll take full advantage while I have it!

Stay in and warm - for the next couple of days.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

And here we go again!  Pretty sad that I watched the news this morning and thought 4" - 8" isn't so bad.  That's a lot of snow!  Has it snowed every week?  I wish I had been keeping track.

You're in the home stretch now Winter.  Don't fret over weather - there is nothing you can do.  I married in late November and feared early snow, but we had a 60 degree day.  Anything still left to do? 

Did you go for groceries, Kar?  Gracie will find a way.  Jax has been known to just stand in place in a huge snowbank and do his thing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, I got groceries, but I should have stocked up on more.  What a dumbbell I can be sometimes.  

I suppose Gracie will find a way to relieve herself, LOL!  She does struggle, though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I have to get the seating chart together and add the assignments to the favors, which is a wine bottle stopper and pourer.  I have to pick up my dress on Saturday from the tailor. Then I have to pay the baker and the DJ.  The final meeting with the venue is Saturday night at 6.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

To do the seating chart, I did it the old fashioned way, on scraps of paper.  I put everyone who had to sit together (couples and families) on ONE piece of paper, i.e., Mr. and Mrs. Jones got one scrap.  Then, I could move groups that couldn't be split up around to match the table configuration.  I had 8 seats per table so I laid out the scraps in groups as close to 8 as possible.

tt, happy shredding!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Seems like a reasonable "to-do" list Winter. 

TT- you are off and running!  I had a pot roast planned for today, but decided to freeze it until later in the week.  DH won't be home for supper tonight or tomorrow night.  =(

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Happy February!!  More white stuff,it looks pretty, but I'd rather do without!!
    tt...definitly a stew nite, only I'm making lamb stew, meat is simmering now, the smell in heavenly....think I'll try some dumplings with it, DH isn't too keen on Bisquik bisquits, will see what he thinks of these....the bisquits are my favorites but I suppose you have to give others a change..take care and keep smiling all, ss.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Cyclamen has started blooming, but I'm waiting until more buds are in full bloom before posting a pic.  Moved it in here so I can see it when I'm on the computer.  Beautiful color, 2 open blooms, and 8 more in various stages.  Soon, soon - - - -

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, I too am getting as close to 8 per table as possible.  Right now we are at 70 not including the two of us.

Novemb, yes it is pretty managable thankfully.  I ordered the rest of my MOH's gift and picked up something for the dear friend that is marrying us. 

We applied for our license last night and it will be ready on Thursday.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good number, Winter, imo.  I highly recommend the scraps of paper per non-splittable people method of arranging!  I did most of the seating, then DH just moved a few scraps of paper on his side and we were done.  It seemed to fall into place very easily that way - it was so concrete to have the "tables" laid out on the counter in the configuration of the venue.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning all,
    Looks like you are all off to a good start. DH is working at home this morning on something that is due today. He will not get it done, if he goes to the office. So, I am puttering around around him.
    Went for groceries last night after work at S & S. What a zoo. But I have to say, there were plenty of registers open - surprise, surprise! They must have expected a crowd, b/c normally there will only be a couple open - plus the self-serves, which I hate - at that time.
    My beef stew will be for tomorrow. I had haddock thawing for dinner for last night, but we didn't eat it, as it was getting too late for me to start cooking dinner. So we went to Friendly's. Can't even remember, when we were there last. Had my fish-a-magic. It was really, really good. But we were quite surprised, how expensive even Friendly is now. So tonight it will be shrimp stuffed haddock w/ panko on top, with coleslaw and tartar sauce. Bought MW and relish to make my own this time.
    Today planning to bake the ginger molasses cookies, yoga friend posted - as a trial run. Want to sent something to the boys for Valentines, and I thought these will fit their palate. 
    Took work home last night, so I will be working at home today. Glad I don't need to go out. It is coming down heavily here right now as well. The weathermen were not kidding. Feel bad for November's DH - but I guess it is his job. Lots of people have lousy outside jobs these winter days. Right now we have our guy try to get rid of some of the snow on the part of our roof, that is flat. He did it once, but the snow accumulates too fast. Glad we got the "soft" portion fixed last summer. It would definitely had come down with the heavy load of snow. What a mess, that would have been.
    Everyone take care and stay warm. Winter, I hope you get back home safely.
    Happy February! - Pingo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, your haddock sounds devine and reminds me I have frozen salmon I could do tonight.  By the way, if you like your tarter sauce on the sweeter side, MW is the way to go.  If you like it more savory (like commercial tarter sauce), pick regular mayo.  DH prefers mayo, but like tt, I prefer MW.  Just something to keep in mind.

Just finished the last of the casserole.  A sad moment! LOL

Gracie wanted to play outside, and I just couldn't drag myself out there this morning.  So cold and snowy.  I'm such a bad mommy...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

How envious I am, tt. Thinking of all those Cyclamen, I sent to the dump. Do you suppose they all are blooming there? LOL. But yours must have been  from a good stock. The ones I had, seemed to be forced and had very little and loose soil. I am telling myself, they were not for keeping.
    Can't wait to see your pictures. - Pingo

In Response to Re: February Chat 2011:
    [QUOTE]Cyclamen has started blooming, but I'm waiting until more buds are in full bloom before posting a pic.  Moved it in here so I can see it when I'm on the computer.  Beautiful color, 2 open blooms, and 8 more in various stages.  Soon, soon - - - -
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just got off phone with DIL, keeping her company on her drive back home.  128 was moving along at 15-20 mph.  She has a large SUV and had skidded a couple of times, and passed a car who was caught up on the guardrail this morning.

Flicker was at feeder while I was on the phone.  He did manage to get some seed, but guess it wasn't what he thought it was going to be - hasn't come back.  As I type, a fat smaller version of a mockingbird has come and is sitting on the branch of the Japanese cherry tree, looking in at me.  I'll get my camera and leave it in here - he's gone down to the berries now.  I could watch these birds all day.  But then, I'd get nothing done.  Have just put an afghan in the dryer, 3 loads done this morning.  Time to think of that salad for lunch now, and then, of course, Y&R.  Chat later.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

---Have just put an afghan in the dryer---

Thanks for reminding me, tt. I have been waning to wash ours, but keep forgetting. Now going right in to get them and put them in the washer - Pingo

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hard to believe it's lunch time.  The morning has gone by so quickly.  I love getting things accomplished at the office, but at the same time can't help but think of the things at home that I could be getting done.  The perpetual dilemma of the working woman, I suppose?

I haven't looked out the window yet... do I dare?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We've gotten about 6 or 7 inches this morning....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It's stilll coming down here, but lightening up.  I'm not good at estimating inches, so won't even try.  Roads here look like a slushy, hardly clear, mess.

Just took afghan out of dryer - isn't it funny how they always feel about 10 lbs. lighter?  Not much fur from Cheerio came out either, they just always feel so much lighter.  Looking forward to wrapping myself up in it for TV tonight.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I know, they seem so fluffy and light!  And, I love our fabric softener's scent.  Might as well wash ours after the sheets come out.  I'm such a conformist. :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It's just "the power of suggestion" -