June 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

June 2013

Oh -  it's June

Good morning,

Went to bed with the A/C on, but after a short time, turned it off, and during the night opened the window to nice cool air coming in.  It's beautiful this morning.  Got up about an hour ago (my favorite time of the day, always has been), and have gone around opening the doors and windows to let the hot air out and the cool morning air in.  My early rise was rewarded by seeing Harry come sleepily stretching out from under the shrub.  I do think his mother fibbed to Cat Lady about keeping him in nights.  She probably just felt guilty when C.L. talked to her about the dangers to a cat who's left out all night.  He's lucky he has C.L. and me looking after him.

Terribly news about yet more tornadoes hitting Oklahoma.  Those poor people.  Haven't even had a chance to get on their feet from the last one.

Has anyone plans for taking off for the week-end?  Seems like a great one to head North to Lake Winnie.  Well, that might not be your choice of destination, Kargiver.  lol

Lallygagged enough.  Time to shower and dress and fix some breakfast.  Have a lightweight comforter and some scatter rugs to wash today, and either some clothes to bag for Vietnam Vets or paper to be shredded.  I'll check in later for any chatters.

( Cut and pasted from 6:54 entry I made under May this morning.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: June 2013

LOL, definitely not my choice, but I can see it would be fun for others!  ;)

We are massive homebodies, anyway - DH's big plan is to plant all the greenhouse residents in their permanent home, all tilled and made ready last weekend for their arrival.  Hooray!

We need a few things at the farmer's coop first and are heading there in about 20 min.  After that, I am meeting my friend in town at the farmer's market, not to buy but to socialize...ok, well, maybe to buy a scone - a "bread lady" is always there. 

Indeed, "Harry" is a lucky cat!  

Oh, there's DH's shower turned off - I better get ready to jump in next.

have a great weekend, everyone - I'll be around later.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

We did the air conditioners last night..and by we I mean DH and DS. DS put up the one in my bedroom because my allergies are just out of control. After I went to bed to read  he and DH did the rest of them so when I woke up this morning it was to a nice cool house everywhere. My allergy symptoms are improving slowly.

I have two cats. The younger one, Tink, does not like the heat. When my son finished putting the air conditioner in my bedroom, she parked herself on my bed in front of the air and didn't move...lol  My other cat loves the heat...so go figure.

We are somewhat of homebodies here too...although we do like to trek up to Lake Winnie on occasion..but usually will do an overnight. It's longer than I like to drive for a day trip. No special plans today..we are all scattered for the day. DS has gone to help his best friend move. I am sure it will miserable in this heat. We won't see him until after the Bruin's game tonight. I am working for a few hours at a little local shoppe . I do this a couple of Saturday's a month except for July and August. DH has gone off for the day to an officer's training out in the western part of the state. Tomorrow I am doing a charity walk..so I hope my breathing continues to improve today!

Have fun at the Farmer's Market Kar....I love those :-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I laughed about your cats, M, my Cheerio, 13 1/2, has always been a heat seeking missile.  Even in this heat, she seeks out some place where she thinks a scrap of sun might come in.  Yesterday I physically (and that's no easy task) lifted and carried her into the l.r., in line of the cool air blowing out of the b.r. A/C.  She gave me one of her "What did you do that for?" stares and then went right back to where she had been, probably the hottest room in the house, and began the half hour process of washing up all over again.  She's restless this morning, following me everywhere - to the room where I sit by the window and read, waiting outside the bathroom door while I shower, to the l.r. while I turn and fluff pillows.  If it's not too hot upstairs yet, I'll let her come up with me while I get some more clothes together for the pickup.  Oh Oh, too late, she's come in here now and jumped up on the bed to settle down.  Poor thing, she just gets settled in one spot and I up and move.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    I only have Grand Kitties, and they are quite a pair. Whenever I talk to DS on Face-time, he will turn his iPad, so I can see them. Just love those little cuddlers.
    They are quite "do-i-know-you", when we arrive, but sooner than later, they decide, we  are not so bad and will snuggle w/ us. Love them both!
    Waiting for the A/C man to come. We usually get our A/C served at the beginning of the heat season. But this year it all happened too fast. With all the windows and the skylights opened it is not bad in here. Love the fresh breeze. But later this afternoon, when the sun hits all our windows, it will not be.
    Kar, those "globes" were the best ever. So full of meat, that I had to leave the choke for some other time. My stomach would have been overstuffed. Imagine that? I do hope, you will be able to get some. Hope DH gets all his baby plants planted. Lots of work. Any new veggies this year?
    Friend from RI just called. The weather there is just gorgeous. 73 only. Come and have a Martini on the rocks, and by "rocks" she means the rocks on her ocean property. How could we deny such an invitation? Have to go down South to Ikea anyway. Need to stock up on candles.
    You all have - despite the heat - a great weekend.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My only kitties are my vicarious ones, thanks, everyone. :)  Love the stories and cats, but am so allergic - this is perfect.  Please post more photos!

miscricket, on the tail end of my cold I'm now suffering from the lilacs.  I feel your pain.  I hope you are better tomorrow and the walk doesn't set you back.

Pingo, my mouth is just watering for those artichokes.  I do hope "my" TJ's has them.  Have fun in RI; I love the "on the rocks" referring to the coastline, very cute.

tt, what is going on with your family this weekend, isn't there a party?  

DH is busily getting ready to plant - here is what is going in.  Yes, this year we have added spaghetti squash, but it hasn't come up yet (planted 2 days ago).  What else is new...hm...oh, the horseradish we put in last year will be harvestable this year.  Can't think of anything else new.

The photo shows the 3 stages pre-garden:  greenhouse, cold frame (foreground), and steps and patio.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Happy June!  I still have to go back and read the last week or so. Sounds like everyone is enjoying the weather. Funny-heat on for two days last weekend, now the AC's and fans going! 

I had a couple of bad days this week-then I took yesterday off for some retail therapy. Neither of the dresses I bought on line fit, so I was forced to go out! I went to Frugal Frannies--it was great. I got a shimmery tank top and jacket, and a skirt for the wedding. Then 2 prs of pants, two tops, two pocketbooks, and 3 prs of shoes! I had only been there once, about 12 yrs ago, but never went back. Now it will be  top of my list!

My girlfriend came over late afternoon yesterday, then my neighbors husband came over, then she came a while later. It was nice out on the deck- I brought a fan oUt, so it was nice and breezy- NS no bugs.  Got my hair done this morning, then picked up some mussells, fish and turkey tips to marinate. This has to stop-I keep buying all this meat, seafood, and just wind up putting it in the freezer. I need to just eat what is here instead of buying more! 

Kar-so jealous of your gardens.......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, tulips!  Don't worry about being all caught up all the time, pop in whenever and say hello. :)

i, too, had a less than stellar experience at FF's about that long ago and never returned.  Maybe I should give it another shot, too. Glad you found pretty things for the wedding for a good price!

dh does all the gardening and I all the preparing - I am super spoiled!!

it's nice to have things in the freezer for when you don't get to the store.  I just had some TJs salmon that was frozen - delish.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, what a gorgeous pre-garden you have. Looks like DH knows, what he is doing. So envious, but happy for you. It looks so nice, but i am sure a lot of sweat and labor has been put into it already. Umm - horse radish? Just love it, and in my country, we use it for many dishes. Tried to grow it once. Shouldn't be too difficult sticking a root in the ground. But all I harvested, was some skinny, snarling, useless roots. Hope you have better luck.
    A/C guy came and went. Had over 40 calls this morning, but we are at the lucky end. He works on some major jobs of ours, so he wants to make us happy.
    Yes Tulips. It was a real nice evening out last night. One of the very few. Glad you enjoyed it. We came home late after working all day and were both tired, but I would have loved to spend some time out there last night.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Love your picture of your planting regimen, Kargiver.  I can fully understand your DH wanting to spend the week-end puttzing around with his plants.

Got a little of this and a little of that done today, then watched rerun of the last episode of Millionaire Listings of NY, which I had missed.  Dozed off during the first 15 minutes, but caught the rest.  Mailman handed me in a magazine, so then I browsed through that to see if it was a keeper or whether it went to the recycling bin.  Took a lemon out to remind me I want to use it up, thinking lemon soup, but will have to pull the easy recipe to see if perhaps I need more lemons.  Haven't put the A/C on or closed any windows/doors.  It's warm, but there is a breeze that is keeping it comfortable, for me anyway.

Pingo, I'm jealous of your invitation, was sitting here reading that and thinking, "Wish I'd get a call from someone with an invite '", and Kargiver, jealous of your being able to post pics.  I have no URL on my pics, they get saved to my picture thing on computer, but there's no heading there.  My newest camera sits on the shelf, only took a pic of the new valances and sent it to G.T. yesterday, so I'd remember how to do it!

The cat evidently has found another spot to sleep today.  She came strolling out a couple of times to see if I was doing any interesting, seeing as I wasn't, she disappeared again.  I've checked all the usual spots, but this must be a new place.  Yesterday she came out of I know not where too.

Off to check the soup recipe, and then pull something out of freezer (American chop suey, probably) if I don't have enough lemons.

ETA:  Saw your post when mine came up, Tulips.  As Kargiver says, just hop in anytime.  You don't have to play catch up.  That's what I tell SS too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks for the kudos for DH's efforts - it is a labor of love.  Pingo, I'll take a photo of the horseradish and you can tell me if you think the roots will be worth using.  I've never had any that I didn't buy all prepared from the store.  

Tt, I can't post photos from the computer's folder for the same reason you can't.  You have to have a free account on shutterfly, upload the photo you want to post to shutterfly, then select the photo and choose "copy URL address."  Then, paste into the bdc "add photo" popup box.

i know, we are all jealous of that invite!  Have fun and tell us all about it. :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

I laughed about your cats, M, my Cheerio, 13 1/2, has always been a heat seeking missile.  Even in this heat, she seeks out some place where she thinks a scrap of sun might come in.  Yesterday I physically (and that's no easy task) lifted and carried her into the l.r., in line of the cool air blowing out of the b.r. A/C.  She gave me one of her "What did you do that for?" stares and then went right back to where she had been, probably the hottest room in the house, and began the half hour process of washing up all over again.  She's restless this morning, following me everywhere - to the room where I sit by the window and read, waiting outside the bathroom door while I shower, to the l.r. while I turn and fluff pillows.  If it's not too hot upstairs yet, I'll let her come up with me while I get some more clothes together for the pickup.  Oh Oh, too late, she's come in here now and jumped up on the bed to settle down.  Poor thing, she just gets settled in one spot and I up and move.

Too funny. The can be very determined to have their own way. We were all laughing at Tink this morning. She hopped up in the little table in front of the living room AC and put her face right in the fan. The fan was blowing her little ears right back..and she was loving it. I swear..if she was a dog..she'd be one of those dogs with their head out the window and their ears blowing in the wind! Too funny about Cheerio following you everywhere. Tink does the same thing. She is sound asleep on the sofa right now..but I if I were to get up..she'd wake right up and follow me..sometimes she runs in front and tries to predict where I'm headed. ( I 'm sad to say that she's pretty accurate with this..lol) My other cat..Toby..is devoted to my son.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Kar..that's quite a garden you have going. I have been observing my yard at different times of the day because I would like to plant a vegetable garden..but no place seems to get the all day sun.

Thanks for the tip about posting pictures. I wonder why they've made it so difficult? I've never really been one to post pictures on this site but did experiment a few weeks ago. First it worked..then it didn't but I will try the shutterfly thing.

How is everyone holding up in the heat? My allergy symptoms and breathing have definitely improved. DH doesn't want me to do the walk tomorrow but I am still on the fence. He is nervous about my cough and that I wll develop asthma symptoms..but I feel better. We will see. Tomorrow is not supposed to be quite as hot. Besides, I worked a few hours in downtown Andover then walked around a bit and was fine for the most part.

Kar..that stinks about the lilacs. Lilacs are by far my favorite flower. If I was allergic to them I think I'd cry. I love..and I mean love the scent of lilacs. I think my new house must be surrounded by all the trees I am allergic to..lol...but things will improve vastly in a couple of weeks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Is snapfish the same thing?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

It worked!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, DH is quite the gardener - good thing because I stink, lol.

you might be able to use snapfish in that same fashion, tt, not sure.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, what a beauty.  Is he a "he"?  If so, Cheerio will be on the make!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

Oh, what a beauty.  Is he a "he"?  If so, Cheerio will be on the make!

No..that is Tink...she is a princess kitty and very female and princessy...which is nice to have in a house full of males..lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sorry, had to make that short, DH came in.

lilics are one of my favorites, too, and I do enjoy the sweet scent, just not inside where they would be the death of me, lol.

I have mild asthma, as well, mc.  Glad you are doing ok - good news for your walk tomorrow.

LOVE your kitty photo!!!  So glad I could help.  I know, why can't we just copy and paste anymore?!

tt, I bet snapfish will work, too - we miss seeing dear Cheerio.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

This is Toby..my male cat. He is otherwise known as lovebug..or "big guy". He really is a lovebug.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

Sorry, had to make that short, DH came in.

lilics are one of my favorites, too, and I do enjoy the sweet scent, just not inside where they would be the death of me, lol.

I have mild asthma, as well, mc.  Glad you are doing ok - good news for your walk tomorrow.

LOVE your kitty photo!!!  So glad I could help.  I know, why can't we just copy and paste anymore?!

tt, I bet snapfish will work, too - we miss seeing dear Cheerio.

Thanks for the help Kar. I had actually used another photo sharing site which doesn't always work with this site...but having checked out shutterfly..I think I like it a lot better. I am going to work on creating albums and uploading all my pictures. It's nice to have a backup of the pictures.

I am really looking forward to doing the walk tomorrow. DH and I have come to an agreement that he will drive me there and will hang out near the car..just in case. This way if I can't finish for whatever reason, I can call him...but I want to finish. I got a lot of sponsors and a lot of money..so I want to fulfill my end of the bargain.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Aw, they are both gorgeous cats!  Glad you like shutterfly.  

best on the walk tomorrow - good thinking having an escape plan, but hopefully you won't need it.  Can you take an inhaled steroid in the morning to keep inflammation down?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Handsome cats.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, there's the little boy in his "covered wagon" going by again tonight.  So cute.  This time his Dad's pulling him.

Looked to see what I had saved in pics of Cheerio, but I deleted most of them, so no postage stamp shots even to show your handsome male cat, M.  He might be quite taken with her, many are.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, for sure - she is a hottie, a heartbreaker.

So cute re the wagon!  

Gracie is lying out in the grass watching Daddy who had come in briefly for dinner and to cool down but went right back out.  He needs a week to do what he has two days for.