LoseIt May 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: LoseIt May 2013

Glad you were finally able to log in, allready!

3 1/2 cups chopped asparagus, nothing trimmed or peeled

2 cups chicken stock

1/2 cup half and half

salt and pepper to taste

Steam asparagus until very soft, about 13 minutes.  Put in pot with stock and heat thoroughly.  Blend with stick (immersion) blender or in jar blender in safe amounts until totally smooth then return to pot.  Add half and half and heat gently to serving temp.  Taste and add salt and pepper to your liking.  Yields 5 cups (40 oz).

(I already changed the original recipe from heavy cream to half and half, and at 63 calories per cup there is no need to skimp further by using milk.  Do yourself a creamy, indulgent favor and use the half and half!)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Thanks!

Yes radom issues logging on which is annoying.

Made the decision to try weighing a few times a week.......  I have so much flucuation I want to make sure I catch the good days

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Enjoy!

fluctuation is totally normal.  I've fluctuated by about 3 lbs since starting maintenance in December.  I've averaged the same weight over all this time, though, so all the fluctuations were water/sodium and bathroom habits, not fat related.

Your weight should trend downward not be less every day.  In a week that you ultimately lose a pound of pure fat, you'll see your weight go up and down by your regular 1 -3 lbs.  Water weight can easily obscure fat loss progress for a few days.

ETA: I lost weight at the beginning of maintenance, actually, but have leveled off in the last couple of months since increasing my budget, to be more accurate.  The fluctuations persist, though, was my point - you can't help that, it's just how your body works.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Have we lost KMM, JC?  Who else is counting calories among us?

Anyone try the soup?  I made it, again, tonight.  We can't get enough and will be so sad when the asparagus is done producing for the year.  However, I'll be trying the same recipe with celery as soon as that happens.  DH already asked me to put the recipe in the vault. Guess we have a winner with this one.

I think my cold (2 weeks) has really slowed me down; I think I should have scaled back my budget because I may have gained a couple of real pounds.  Oh, well, I'm feeling better, again, so I'm sure my energy needs will shoot back up and I'll be fine.  I had dipped to 108, anyway, and I'm aiming to maintain at 110 so problem solved. ;)