Loseit!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Loseit!

I totally relate, Pingo, I have done the gym, but I hate it, and it was out of necessity (long story).  I hope you're getting an elliptical since you already know it's perfect for you!  I remember, now, that you tried it there and loved it.

yes, I don't want to be b00bless or rail thin, yikes.  Dh does enjoy my slenderness, but doesn't want to be able to count my ribs or wonder what happened up top, LOL.  My 2 more pounds will get me at my sweet spot on the scale and in my slimmest set of clothes.

I was too thin (5 lbs under my current goal which at that weight is another whole size smaller) in college, but not on purpose.  I can't lose weight by accident, anymore!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Put on pants this morning that I bought at a yard sale this summer that fit perfectly then but are falling down, now.  I can hike them up to my bra, a la old guy.  Dh suggested a belt, but the top bunches all up...not a flattering look, lol.  I'm glad I only spent $4 on them. :)

this encouraged me after weighing in to find a 1/2 lb gain.  Must have had some extra salt yesterday and not enough water...not fun, anyway.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That's terriffic, Kar. Maybe you can alter the pants, so they will fit.
    I recorded a 0.8 loss this morning. Even after a full meal of Beef Bourginon and 2 biscuits last night. I didn't do the Biryani after all. The Bourginon was so tasty, I didn't want to overpower it with possible hot spices. So I quickly made some biscuits to go with it. My pants have also started to fall down. Will wait few more pounds to try some of my skinnier ones.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Woo hoo, that's fabulous, Pingo!  We are rocking this LoseIt thing, LOL!!!!  So much fun to share this experience.  I bet if your pants are falling down you have lost a whole size.  You must be so happy.  And, isn't it great you can eat whatever you want?  What a lie it is that we can't eat this or that and lose weight.  I have a feeling we both eat well (scallops, beef bourginon, etc), not just healthfully...we love food too much to sacrifice all the good stuff, and with results like this why would we?  I wish we could post progress photos.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm hovering, again...3rd day in a row.  I'm waiting for that big drop to the finish line.  Infuriating!

It won't help that I farted around this morning instead of stepping, and now I've left myself mere minutes to get ready and out the door.  Won't be back until 10:30...I guess that's as good a time as any to get on that thing.  I'll have to find another movie.  Yesterday wrapped up a good one.  Hard to work out to a tear jerker, though, lol.

Have a great day, everyone, and fabulous week of deficits!  May they pay off soon. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I am hovering too, even though I did have a 0.1 loss. But I am not really counting on that. Could be the scale. Besides I set the goal to lose 1 lbs/week - so I should only expect to lose 1/7 lbs per day anyway.
    Stayed under my budget yesterday, even w/ pizza and wine. So it could be the salt from the pizza. Not worried though - it will come off eventually.
    I am still so thrilled, I found this Looseit! - it has never been so easy to lose.
    Amazing and congratulations to your walking friend for losing 50 lbs. That is really something. How much more does she want to lose?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I weigh in every day but take the result seriously once a week when I know a net loss will be the real thing.  My scale only measures in 0.2 increments, anyway.  

Thanks for your congrats to my friend.  She has just changed her settings to maintain.  She's done!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That is fabulous, Kar. How long did it take her?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm not 100% sure, but I think 7 months...she's been extremely disciplined.  She has a lot of responsibilties with work and family and is in her mid fifties.  I'm so proud of her!  I have it so easy; my time is essentially all my own, and my dh is totally on board with doing this, too, although less formally.  She is someone who could blame her staying overweight on lots of legit reasons, but she set her mind to it and did it, anyway.  She's a wonderful person and friend.  We're walking on Thursday, and I'll pass along your kind thoughts!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Down it went this morning another 1/2 lb after hovering for days.  My legs are sore from the stepper workout on Sunday so I'm pleased for the evidence that it's really working my butt and thighs along with burning a boat load of calories.  I'm 1.5 lbs from my ultimate goal and feeling fabulous!!!

wishing the others a great day of encouragement!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That's fantastic, Kar. I am happy for you. I went down 0.2 lbs. this morning - not much, but it's going in the right direction. Now 4 Lbs away form my first goal. Yea!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great job, Pingo!  Like you say, every .2 lbs gets you closer.  4 lbs to the first "Goal Acheived!" badge - you rock!  

I never seem to get the 0.2 losses.  I hover at the same weight for 3 days and then, poof, 1/2 lb is gone.  Then, 3 more days and then another loss.  Odd.  I do essentially the same thing every day.  Totally saw this phenomenon this morning - weighed in at exactly the weight, but now that I know my pattern I'm no longer discouraged by it.

I'm so used to eating my weight loss budget I can't imagine bumping it up to maintain by 500 a day...it's a little scary.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Weighing everyday is a slippery slope.  So easy to get discouraged.  But if  you have a system and don't let it get to you that is great.

I am down 1 lb.  Not great but I am ok with that.  Vacation next week will recharge me.  I have a stressful job and it has been insane the past few weeks.

Great job ladies.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Oh and I know I was dehydrated!  Last night had several dreams of me drinking or should I say guzzling water!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Congrats, allreadymarried on your 1 lbs. loss. I am up 0.5 this morning even though I was way under my budget. But I haven't "gone" yet today. Sorry for being so indelicate, but I think all these ups and downs have a lot to do with our bowel elimination too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

100%!   I have issues so most certainly do not under any circumstances get on scale if has been a few days which often is the case.  Also when I finally do I wait till next day to weigh as it is not immediate:)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I never weigh in until after I'm as light as possible in the morning, lol.  I figure why include yesterday's intake?!  And, 1/2 lb up if you haven't gone over budget is nothing to fret over.  The physics of weight gain prevent it from being a true fat gain.

allready, every pound lost is reason for celebration!  No matter what your rate of loss is it's great. Down, down, down, down...done.  I was losing at a rate of about 1/3 lb a week when I had 30 lbs to lose.  My parents told me that was "too slow" for them and did fad diets instead.  All these years later they are still just as heavy as ever, and I'm...not.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

The older you get the harder it gets.
    I still need to focus though!!!  The 1 lb is good but not great!
    Vacation next week will be the chance for me recharge and screw my head back on:)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The older you get the less muscle mass you have due to hormonal shifts and less activity.  So to lose weight you either have to eat less than what used to work for you or build back lost muscle which increases your metabolism or, better yet, both.  You can do it, and a pound is definitely great IMHO. :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Stuck again this morning. But that is ok; it will come off eventually.
    Kar, saw you are so close to the finish line. 1 more pound to go - that sounds like a dream to me.
    Allready, how are you doing today? Are you going somewhere warm for your vacation? Watch out for the tropical drinks. They are loaded. How long will you be gone? Will miss your support here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Pingo!  Yes, it's a dream for me, too, but you are well on your way.  My loss this morning was after another two stuck days.  I hardly ever have a loss two days in a row or even every other day.  It's like a game of duck duck goose except it's stuck stuck lose. :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Yes, I am heading somewhere warm and can't wait!  I am not that much of tropical drink gal thank goodness:0  I will be gone for a week.  I will still work out on vacation though.  I always feel better when I do.  I will have a glass of wine at dinner and that is about it.

Pingo you can do it!  You have done great so far.

I can't recommend strongly enough the need to incorporate some strength training.  You can do this with your own body weight alone and still be very beneficial.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ate literally twice my budget today and I'm feeling great!  I think I came in at my maintenance budget for the day.  Loving feeling truly FULL.  I've been going to bed slightly hungry.  I walked twice today with two different friends (one planned, one impromptu) so that helped.  

So, I can guarantee a hold or maybe gain from sodium tomorrow, but whatever. :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Too scared to get on the scale.  Had a protein shake and have had 2 liters of pre-coffee water this morning.  Will make and drink my coffee and that will be it until 1 when I finally weigh in before a salt-free lunch.  not feeling as great as I did last night for having gone a little nuts!  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Let me make you both feel better I got on the scale this morning against my better judgement (less water past few days and lack of time in the bathroom) and up 2 lbs.

Vacation here I come.

Stay with it this week ladies as I will not be checking in:0  I will be working out and will have a glass of wine and some desserts but still plan on coming back same or a lb less:)