Loseit!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Loseit!

At least you know you didn't actually gain a real whole 2 fat pounds.  The scale can be so deceiving.  All the salt I ate yesterday will surely show in at least that much gain, but I know I didn't eat a surplus of 7000 calories (the energy stored in 2 lbs of fat) so I have to just be patient until I pee it out. :)

have a fabulous time on vacation, allready!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I fell off the wagon yesterday. I had such a craving for chocolate. I don't know, where that came from; I hardly ever eat it. We have a dish at the office, and it was calling me yesterday very badly. So I had 3 mini pieces. Just couldn't just stop w/ one. It didn't even taste fabulous. I was good the rest of the day, but I feel full this morning. Haven't been on the scale yet.

Allready, have a great vacation. As you are going some warm place, you will be moving more - hopefully swimming too. That will help you at least stay, where you are. See you when you get back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Yes warm and sunny.

I will be swimming a lot and snorkeling plus my daily workouts.  So I am not worried about that.  I also am pretty good with water intake while away as it is hot.

Have a great week.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

WooHoo! No need to hide form the scale. Down 0.3 pounds. Maybe I should eat more chocolate. LOL
    Saving calories today for Mexican food. Build myself a taco - but still 850 calories. Surprised to find a Margarita has only 156 calories. Maybe I should have 3 Margaritas and no taco. LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Those 3 little pieces probably only cost you under 200 calories, Pingo, not even a slip up as far as I can see.  Remember, a pound of stored fat will fuel 3500 calories' worth of your life.  So, a candy indulgence of only 150 - 200 calories is nothing, really.  Congrats on another logged loss!!

I am avoiding the scale today only because I know I'm retaining water, and it will depress me to see it in black and white.  After my near fast today with lots of water I know tomorrow's weigh in will be back to the green. :)

I did the stepper two hours (900 calories!) and walked Gracie for an hour (145).  I'm way negative for the day since that's more exercise than my calorie budget for food and I'm not even hungry for dinner, although, I might be once the pork tenderloin is done, though...we'll see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1797616. Show user_1797616's posts

Pingo,

I am a long time lurker and made your cabbage soup for lunch today.

I followed your directions exactly and didn't find the chopping intense at all.

Thank you for posting it.  I have a feeling I'll be making it often.

Happy Holidays to you and yours.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Glad you liked it, user. Stop in again.

Happy Holidays to you and yours too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

So Kar, the 9th came and went. How did you do? Did you reach your goal?

It was a tough weekend for me, with DS here. So much good food and eating out. But I managed to just gain 0.2 pound. It will be cabbage soup today for lunch as well as dinner. Good I like it so much. LOL
    I think I will have to go on "maintenance" for the holidays. Just try not to gain. You can't just sit there and say "no" to everything. I still have a couple of weeks to lose some more. Then I will try to stay on whatever weight I am at on the 22nd.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, user, thanks for joining us!  Are you using LoseIt (or similar), too?  

Pingo, you are doing so great, I'm so proud of you especially given your hip trouble keeping you from exercise.

Indeed, the 9th came and went, but I'm still hovering around a pound away.  I'm wondering if my body is telling me something, namely that my goal is too low.  I've noticed that my legs are looking more toned so maybe I've put on a pound of muscle since we got married 4 years ago, and that would mean I'm essentially there.  My LoseIt goal is proving to be pretty elusive after an easy 8 lb loss so I'm not sure what I want to do.

My cousin will be here this week, and he's in great shape and an avid outdoorsman.  He's actually been a rescue skier in the Alps!  So, I'm hoping my new cold weather walking shoes from Bean's come today so I can keep up when we go out with Graice, lol.  That MIGHT bump me down that pound.

...but, if it doesn't I'd be content with saying I made my goal where I am right now.

Keep up the great work, Pingo!  Mindfulness, like LoseIt encourages, is really the key, and you are a very mindful person about everything you do.

I hope allready is having a great vacation and is able to exercise like she anticipated!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Well Kar, looks like you have to get married again, LOL. Everyone loses before they get married, so you are probably right, that last pound is not meant to be. That weight was not for real and may be too low for your body. Did you try on your wedding dress yet? Can you zip it up? If you have gained muscle on your legs and the weight is sitting there, then you should be able to and your goal is reached.
    Haven't been on the scale yet this morning, but even though I went up a tiny bit yesterday, I am pretty happy with my progress. But when the family is here, I have to lay off a bit, and then get serious again after they are gone. With my eliptical (hopefully) it will be easier.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks!!  I haven't tried the dress yet...a little scared.  

While your family is here, you could set your goal to "maintain" and hit that budget instead.  That way you'll get a nice increase in calories (probably 500 cals per day) but will ensure no gain.

will go try the dress now...just got out of shower.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My post disappeared, but the no-stretch (no give whatsoever) dress...FITS!  Zipped it all the way without any shape wear underneath.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Yea!!!!!!!
    See, you did it. You reach the goal. Congratulations - so happy for you. Now you can celebrate with a large bottle of Duvel - w/o feeling guilty.
    What an accomplishment. Proud to know you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The feeling is mutual, my friend, thank you so much.  You, too, are well on your way and doing great.  I'm determined to maintain this time, and to do that I must keep logging so I'll be here to share your continued successful journey.  I may have reached my goal, but my real goal is to stay here forever...that's my next challenge, and it will never end!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

But you don't NEED to do 2 hours on your stepper any more. LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, I know your cousin is with you. But I still think you should greet you DH, when he gets home tonight, in your wedding gown.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL, Pingo, I'd love to, but I'll be picking Chris up from the train station.  Maybe tomorrow night.  I can just imagine the look on his face, half "you've lost your mind," half, "wow!"

I have to keep stepping if I want to keep eating!  I'll do anything for "free" food...maybe not 2 hours at a time, though!  That was rough, I was sore for 3 days.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Please do it. Surprise him. It would be so awesome.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'll think about it...it stinks we can't post photos.  Lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

See if you can open this...sorry, if it works at all I think it will be huge.  If it works, I'll have dh take one tomorrow of me in it, now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sorry, Kar. It didn't work. Argh!

I am on a holding pattern for the past 3 days. A bit discouraging, but I am NOT giving up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Don't give up, absolutely!  As you know I've been holding so long (a week) and even went up a little during that time, and this morning I saw a half pound drop from my lowest I've been, so now I'm 0.8 lbs away.  I was ready to set to maintain and forget it, and bam, there it was.  So, if I'm any indication, keep doing what you are doing, and it will catch up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

My body finally decided to give up another pound. Yea!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yay!! congrats - I knew it would happen!

in other news, I probably found it.  I ate a 1400 calorie dinner last night.  Salty, too.