Loseit!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: Loseit!

Good you are on maintenance. Hope your body doesn't do what a body normally do after you stop dieting. Gaining again. But at least, if you stay w/ Loseit! you can keep an eye on it.
    I am on a holding pattern again, but down 7 pounds from, when I started. Not bad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You just saw a pound lost so of course you are holding, again, until the next drop.  It's the pattern, and it will keep working that way as long as you are staying the course.  Great job on the 7 lbs!!  That's at least a whole size...some into the next, even.

people regain weight after a diet simply because they go back to eating more than they burn.  By setting to maintenance I cannot gain unless my maintenance budget is too high.  If that turns out to be the case I'll reduce it by 100 calories a day until I do maintain by hitting that budget every day.  I'm absolutely finished with gaining and losing weight.  I'll log my calories and track my weight so it can never spin out of control.  I'll be immediately taking action instead of letting a half pound become 10.

I'm about to get on the stepper and earn myself a good time at our annual friend's Christmas party tonight, lol.  Going to put on a netflix movie and go to town.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I burned 750 calories stepping and another 75 with a quick bathroom walk for Gracie.  Went to the party with a 1400 calorie cushion and STILL went over by 400.  But, good news, that's less than 1/7th of a pound of surplus energy, and it will be easy enough to create a 400 calorie deficit over the next couple of days and then the party will be a wash.  Man, I love this.

Allready, are you back from vaca?  Let us know how you are doing!

today will be a big water day to flush the party sodium out.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I went down 0.8 this morning. Not bad after 3 slices of pizza last night. So looking forward to my eliptical. That will definitely help a lot. All in all, this Loseit! is just fantastic. Kar, I so love you for introducing it to me.
    I am 3 pounds away from my 10 pounds goal and I will keep plugging along until my boys get here. Then I will go on restricted maintenance, hoping not to gain. Christmas is a time to enjoy, so I will too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh, btw. I forgot. Kar, I know you drink usweetened Cranberry Juice, Saw this recipe at my doc's office while waiting. It is supposed to jolt your liver to get rid of the fat. Made it and it s just great. You are supposed to make a large container of it and sip it all day, but I do it by the cup.
    To one cup of water add 1/8 cup of unsweetened cranberry juice. Add a splash of OJ, a cinnamon stick, a few whole cloves and a pod of cardemom (you can add these in the ground form as well). Heat in the micro for two minutes. It is lovely and a lot more palatable, than the just mixing it w/ water.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Fabulous!!!  No more stressing out about the scale holding 2 or 3 days before another drop if you know you are staying within budget. :)

set it to maintenance and when you can scoop up a deficit (not Christmas Day!) do so.  The NET calorie deficit or surplus over the next couple of weeks is what is important.  Keep an eye on the weekly view of your budget status.  For a day you have a big red bar, if you note a few days of green-only you know your overall status is that of no gain.  As long as you don't have big red bars every day you'll be fine!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, that sounds just fabulous, right up my alley, Pingo, thanks!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

After my worst week for going over budget in my LoseIt history between the 1100 calorie 4 rib rack of lamb and our annual Christmas party, I logged a loss back to my lowest weight in LoseIt since starting. It even flickered a second on 0.2 lbs less so after, well, you know, I'll be 1/2 lb from my original LoseIt goal, but I'll wait until it stays there to log that.

I'm hoping to stay well within budget this week so I can splurge without worrying for Christmas and New Year's. :)

best wishes, everyone, we are DOING it!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ok, I took care of business and am now 0.6 lbs from my ultimate goal.  I'm expecting to make it by next Monday.  It really helps that dh is on board with eating healthfully and isn't sabotaging me either purposefully or just by his own bad eating habits.  (The reason I gained and lost 30 lbs all those years ago is that I married a compulsive overeater who encouraged me to eat junk and was a terrible example.  It was still my fault I let it happen, but it sure was easy in that situation to mess up.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Congrats ladies look like you have done well.

I am not stepping on the scale till at least the end of the week.  I did work out and did not overeat so at the very least I am the same.  Some issues with "going" so did go near scale till things settle a bit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Welcome back, allready!  You should be very proud of your mindfulness and commitment to your goals while on vacation.  I get great results from one dose of Trader Joes "Super Colon Cleanse" (don't let the "Super" scare you) whenever I have such issues.  It's very gentle, works overnight, and I don't get that awful crampy feeling I do with senna tea.  If I take a dose at night, I'm all set by 2 hours after I get up in the morning...usually an hour.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Thanks.

It wasn't that bad.  I did have wine and dessert but again with watching what I ate and working out I think all will be good. 

But just in case will lay off the scale for a bit:)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Welcome back, Allready. Sounds like you did well on your vacation. Hope you enjoyed it as well. 

I have done TJ's Colon Cleanse. I do it before I go on my juice faste. It is very gentle.
    My scale was on a stand still this morning, but I know it will come off eventually, so I am not worried. I will keep my budget until Friday, then I will go on "maintenance" until after the holidays. It is just too hard to diet, when the family is here and want mom to make all their favorites.
    If I don't go on the scale every morning, it is easier for me to go over board during the day. So, I hop on as soon as I get up. Some mornings I like, what I see - some not so much.
    Sitting here sipping the warm cranberry drink. Heaven! Did you try it, Kar?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I weigh in every day, too, for the same reason and have come to tolerate the daily fluctuations as ok since over the last 5 weeks it's been a good net loss.  Your maintenance budget should be plenty of calories to enjoy your special dishes with everyone especially if you take opportunities on non-feast days to capture a deficit here and there and if you are tracking and logging what you do have.  No big deal to stay put through New Year's.  Heck, I've usually gained at least 5 lbs by now since Thanksgiving.  Go us!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after another hold, I had to weigh myself twice this morning to believe that not only did I make my goal but shot past it by 0.8 lbs.  10.8 pounds since Nov 11, and I haven't seen this number since I was about 22.

thanks for all the support - you guys really made a big difference, and I hope I am for you, too.  I'll still be here enjoying the automatically set "maintenance" budget that LoseIt set when I entered today's weight.

YAHOO!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Congrats.

I have need to get better with my logging.  I do good for a bit then get busy and don't do it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You can do it!  It wasn't convenient, but I've literally tracked every mouthful since Nov 11.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Congratulations my friend! 10.8 pounds in a little over a months - that is truly amazing. Enjoy your new (old) weight and your body. The logging and the support here makes such a big difference.
    What's your budget now, if I may ask?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Pingo you are doing great as well.  Smart not to stress over the holiday!

I just reset myfitness pal as if starting today since I have been a bad logger!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Pingo!!!  My maintenance budget is 1695.  You are doing great, too.  Even setting to maintenance through the holidays and starting back to losing in January will get you there without having to undo Christmas, lol.

allready, it's a new day with a new plan - I sense this is the beginning of your big success!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Wow, that is a big jump and should be plenty to satisfy you without depriving yourself of anything.

Allready, good luck with your new plan. I googled "myfitnespal" and it is very similar to Loseit! We can do it together. Yea!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Indeed, it is.  I'm pretty sure I'll come in under that most days.  That'll give me leeway on splurge days as they come up.

I'll be here this year as I stick to the new plan, and I'm looking forward to both of your achieving your goals so we can have a great big group hug to celebrate!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

We can indeed.

I try to enter breakfast and lunch by the end of the day at work and then dinner on my iphone app and if not first thing in the morning.  It is great to see it all.  Then I get busy and forget or say I will do it later.

But like Kar said new day and it is reset!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Allready, another poster "dropped out", b/c she was using her iPhone, and thought this diet was a real pain. I can see it would be a pain to log on the iPhone scrolling back and forth.
    Don't let that happen to you. If you don't want to use the iPhone, write everything down on a piece of paper, and add it in the morning. Maybe you should change and add it first thing in the morning instead of at the end of the day. Just a suggestion.
    I find the logging in and seeing the graphs right there in front of me makes so much of a difference. At least it does for me. If at lunch I notice I have already used up 2/3 of my budget, I know, I can't go out and have a bacon burger. Or like Kar, adding up the calories before she cooked her scrumptious breakfast, realized - that 1900 calories was not for her and could decide on something else. I am fortunate to have a desk top both at home and at my office and I add my food immediately.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I am wayyyy under my new budget.  I feel like that is far too much food, now.  I think this is going to take some adjustment.