Loseit!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Re: Loseit!

No not shrimp!  I won't be able to nix that much certainly can add more scallops to my menu.

I am doing OK.  Been better logging but not 100%.  Have not weighed in week.

Work outs good! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, this is the latest.  I didn't nix anything and still lost 11 pounds in 5.5 weeks and have maintained a month at 2 lbs under my goal.  I do think that some foods can cause temporary gain, but if you keep eating them you don't end up gaining 100s of pounds you can't lose because they disagree with your chemistry.  It might do something, but not prevent weight loss.  People are always going to be on the lookout for the magic bullet.  This one sounds remarkably like the Blood Type Diet except that they aren't correlating the evil foods to your blood type, per se.

great job logging more, allready.  The more you log, the more beneficial the program will be and the more you'll lose.

pingo, you are heading at a healthy pace toward your goal.  Woo hoo!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, you've been losing steadily even while not trying that hard with family through the holidays.  I think it makes far more sense to keep doing what you're doing than eliminate all the foods that you've been eating while you've had so much great progress.  This is just the latest...it will be replaced by new research soon enough, and what will you have benefitted by giving up your favorite foods?  If you weren't making such wonderful progress I'd not say this, but...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've officially decided after waffling a bit that the weight I've maintained for a month is what I now consider my target.  No more saying "2 lbs under my goal" - this IS my goal.  All my clothes fit, I feel fabulous, and walking up the hills on my regular route (our road) is easier than ever.  My hip problem I've had since birth is the best it's ever been; it's a bone deformity so it can't ever be perfect, but it bothers me so little, now, that I forget all about it.  I used to have to decline some activities because of it, but not anymore.  No desire or need to gain 2 lbs.

My friend who has lost 50 lbs this way since May is half way through the cleanse DH and I do every summer, and she's down another 4 lbs, slimmer and in better shape than she's been in many years...she's in her 50s and has adult children.  It doesn't seem to me that she'd want to lose very much more; she must be close to her goal.  Her work friends still bemoan counting calories, but are simultaneously envious of her steady progress and great overall success.  Odd, I think, to remain so resistant after seeing her through the process from the beginning and how easy, relatively speaking, it's been for her.  What do people want instead?!

I know you guys will be joining me in Maintenanceland very soon with your measuring and logging.  Saving a spot for you right next to me!  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I agree with you, Kar, re the latest. But I do like some of the other items as well, even though not my favorites, so it doesn't hurt to try.
    That is wonderful news in regard to your hip. Imagine that? I am hoping too, that with my 20 pounds less, I will have some relief in my hips as well.
    Re your 50 pounds loss friend's colleges - they are envious and jealous. People are funny, when they see other people loose weight, and they themselves could need to loose a few.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Your weight loss is exactly what it should be for long term success, pingo, so whatever foods you eat or avoid, just keep measuring and logging.  I think you'll find no change in your results no matter what you cut out.  However, you're 100% correct - no harm whatsoever in trying as long as you keep going in LoseIt just as you have been.

Thanks so much re my hip!  No, I never imagined it was possible...figured the bone deformity made improvement impossible.  And, I have no doubt that you, too, will feel remarkably better in 20 lbs because the extra pounds are multipied many times over in our joints when we walk.  I expect by July you'll be a new person when I extrapolate your trend.

yes, people are jealous, but what gets me is that she's talked about (when they've asked) about how easy it is and how to get started themselves.  They want no part of it.  One coworker even spent $$$$ on some nutty shake program, lost 65 lbs "overnight," and has already gained 11 back in 3 weeks.  She's so discouraged!  So, why not get in on the calorie counting success?  I don't understand the resistance when she's WATCHED my friend lose, lose, lose, lose and all the while saying how doable it is. ???  Funny.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I find if I weigh things I can eat anything I want.  Made a grilled cheese sandwich, something most people wouldn't consider a "diet food," for 420 calories today with all the requisite yumminess: regular cheese, white bread, butter.  Saved on butter by not buttering the bread.  Put two pieces together (without the cheese) and dipped/smeared both sides in the melted tsp of melted butter in the preheated pan, and after doing side 2 lifted up top piece to arrange the cheese.  Got full bread coverage without overdoing it.  1.5 oz of cheese was plenty, but I probably would have put on 2 oz had I not measured.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Totally binged yesterday on nothing really that special and no event, just couldn't stop eating all day!  Looks like a lean week ahead to make up for it.  Oh, well, that's the beauty of logging; I know exactly what I need to do to undo the damage and not having things spiral out of control.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Looks like I'm talking to myself here for now, but just to keep it going, I'm well on my way to making up for yesterday by exercising twice and having forgotten to eat lunch which then became my dinner.  Yay!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, sorry - I know you posted, but I have been up-in-arms at work, and I have only been able to read most posts. I have so-o-o-o much work to finish, before I leave - probably Sunday. I haven't even booked my ticket, b/c I was not sure, I would make it.
    I typed all day today on a typewriter. Imagine that? The government is so much behind. Haven't used one since last year, and I am beat. It is not the same as a computer. Besides those government forms have 5 copies. You can't just copy them. You really need to hit the keys hard in order to make them readable.
    The program we use is not set up for computerized forms. It would be lots of  $$$$$ and not at all practical for our small firm. So I am hacking away. It is really not that bad, except I have a shorter timeline to do it this year. 
    W2s are done. Tomorrow I will embrace the 1099. That is what I need to do right now. The W3s are not due until end of February. 
    Considering the stress I am under, I am doing ok on Loseit!. I went down another 0.3 pounds this morning, but the last 2 pounds to reach 10 has been a real struggle. Mainly due to odd working hours and meals. But I have to get through this.
    I am so looking forward to visit my son and use his eliptical. I am sure it will make a big difference. Mine (my Christmas gift) has not been ordered yet. They wanted me to do my PT first and see, what they would recommend for me.
    Kar, please don't leave us here. We are in this together. I am so happy for you, that you saw the end and are able to keep it up. Blessings my friend.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pings, checked your page to see your post since I've lost the threads' contents past page one?!

no worries, I know you've been up to your eyeballs. I couldn't see more than the first part of your message because when I hit "more" it takes me here...

not sure if you'll be able to read this...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Is this the iPad, that is doing that? Why do you have to hit "more"? I am truly happy with my desk tops.
    I do share DH's iPad. But mostly for facetalk, playing scrabble with UK son and for painting. I got a combined artist brush and stylus plus the "more color" aps for Christmas. And those I love. But I find the iPad difficult to read my e-mail on f.ex. Guess I am not a scroller.
    Anyway, I was down 0.5 this morning. 1.2 from the 10 pound finish line. Doing cabbage soup for lunch and dinner today. That should put it down another notch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It was a temporary glitch, I guess, and I'm not sure if it was ipad only.  we don't have a central place for a desktop.  I'd never be on if I had to go upstairs and sit at the desk upstairs.

great job nearing your first goal, Pingo - didn't take long at all and through the holidays with family visiting even!  Your next 10 will be so much easier even.

I've got sprouted spelt pasta on with Alfredo sauce I whipped up.  Must figure out how much sauce I can eat and still have enough of a budget left for the rest of the day, lol.  I weighed the pasta...2.5 oz.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, you are so amazing. Sprouted spelt pasta? Did you make it or is it available in the stores? Have never seen it. It sounds so healthy. Alfredo sauce? Hm, that will add numbers. But it sounds delicious.
    I am making my homey casserole tonight. Pasta, groundbeef, diced tomatoes, cream cheese and sour cream. Have stayed clear of it, since I started on Loseit! But DH asked for it. I will add up the calories, and if they go way over my budget, which I already know they will, I have left over cabbage soup, which I love. I will have a taste or two though. It is really delicious.
    Going to TX on Sunday for ten days, that wil be another challenge. But DS is also trying to lose weight. So we can keep each other company. They eat healthy at home, but go out  lot. That is the way in TX. DIL's mother never cooked, so it was always go out or take out. And DIL has adopted that life style. Son gained 30 pounds the first two years they were married. Now he is struggling to get rid of them.
    Anyway, I am so looking forward to visit them and their kitties.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

There is a line of sprouted flour products called "Ezekiel 4:9" and you can find it at health food stores and on Amazon.  I haven't bought the flour yet to make my own stuff, but plan to tomorrow.  Learned about how your body processes the sprouted whole grains like vegetables instead of traditional grain from my aunt last time they were here.

Pingo, make your caserole, enter all the ingredients into the LoseIt recipe feature, tell it how many servings it makes and then enjoy whatever amount of it that fits in your budget or more and make up for the overage tomorrow.  I bet you can have at least a cup and that you'll be surprised to find it's probably not as bad as you think.  No reason to miss out entirely imo. I haven't avoided any particular food since starting this just eaten more or less of it depending on the damage per serving.

Weighed in this morning to find I'm still hovering at the (revised lower) target.  Tried on some summer clothes that didn't fit last summer to find they are perfect, now.  Yay!

while on vacation, keep logging especially if others are wanting to lose weight too.  I logged and showed my bro, and he signed up for LoseIt himself that night!  No need to fear, you'll do great just like you did when they were at your house.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Ladies good job!

Pingo remind me was 10 lbs your goal or is/was it 20?

I have not weighed or done well.   Logging only half the time.  I am so busy at work it is insane and just don't get to it.  But my spring vacation is planned so that is the goal for me.  I am not doing bad but just get as disciplined as you ladies.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, allready.  Pingo set a first goal to try out LoseIt for 10 lbs and enjoyed it so much she decided to set a new one after that of 20.  Not sure if that's her ultimate goal.

you are doing great logging even half the time because at least that gives you a good idea of how many calories are in the things you eat most often so you are more mindful if nothing else right now.  And, that is half the battle.  

It's very easy for me to be disciplined about logging everything because my days are all my own.  I can choose what I do when, and I choose to do this whole hog which does take a lot of time.  If I were still working it would be much harder, and I'm not confident I'd be doing it with such gusto or success.

do what you can, and ease into it if that's what works for you and your circumstances.  Build up to logging the whole day by trying different approaches to getting everything into the program you're using.  Maybe carrying a little notepad with you all the time for jotting food down as you eat would help.  Or, bring all the food you're going to eat to work, logging it all at once ahead of time.  or, log everything from your notebook into your online program on the weekends.

the main thing is to stay mindful of what you're eating all day.  Of course, the more you put in to logging and such the faster you'll get results, but it's not a race.  If you cut 200 calories a day just by being more conscious of your food choices that will have measurable benefits.

be encouraged!  This is not a competition.  :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Just about to account completely for my over eating Monday.  Should be a wash by tonight.  Good thing, too, because I plan to go over some tomorrow since taking SIL to Boston for a doc's appointment and we're going out to eat after.  If I do my stepper in the morning for a couple of hours I might be able to keep from going over budget, again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yup, the scale says it's a wash this morning..yay!  Now, to overdo again tonight in Boston.  Will have made up for tonight by Monday I should think.  I love this program so much.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I will try to log today and continue as much as I can.  I am aware so think before I put stuff in my mouth:)  Now of course that is not always stopping.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, have a good doc visit with your SIL. So nice you can do that for her. Can you drive me to the airport on Sunday? LOL I know, if you were around, you would do it. Sorry Losers, I was off topic for a bit.
    Scale was down 0.8 this morning. This has been such a stressful week for me, so I am so pleased with that.
    Already, my first goal was 10 pounds, but as I saw how easy this was, I added another 10 pounds to that. So now I am going for 20. I am now 0.2 from the 10. But I am leaving for TX on Sunday, so I don't know, how I will do there. Will still log. Logging is what make this so successful. Fortunately DS and DIL cook healthy at home, but they also go out a lot :(  That's the style there, and that is what is killing you as far as calories are concerned. DS gained 40 pounds, after getting married and living in TX (10 years),  but this past year have lost 30 with Fitbit and juicing. I will do the best I can.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Another 0.8 lbs, pingo!  Wow!!!!  As for TX, you can have an over budget week and then have two under budget weeks or so when you return and have no net damage done.  Think long term balance (which is easy), not daily perfection (which is impossible).  If you look at my weekly overages and unders, they literally AVERAGE to 11 calories under my daily budget over the whole time I've been in LoseIt.  So, over budget by 1100 one week, under budget by 600 for the next two, and no harm done...I lose/maintain at a rate the same as if I literally ate 11 calories under budget every day.  Your body doesn't know the difference or care about anything other than NET calories.  As long as you log while you're there you can then know how much under budget (over any amount of time you want) you need to be to make up for it.

allready, this is the main reason logging every bite works so well.  You have an accurate weekly tally that you can then account for the next week.  If you aren't logging everything you never really know where you stand for net calories.  However, like I said, as long as you are being generally more mindful about what you eat that can have enormous benefits.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'd love to drive you to the airport if when I pick you up we can go out to where SIL I went for dinner and dessert when you come home! ;)

We had a fabulous time and I ate like mad.  Turns out my choices weren't as bad as I thought, thankfully, so logging wasn't the nightmare I thought it would be and I am basically fine.  And, I weighed in to have lost a full 3 1/2 pounds under my wedding weight.  I was thin by all accounts that day...this was not my intention.  But, LoseIt tells me I've averaged 11 calories under budget since joining so I'm hitting my maintenance target.  Maybe I should bump it up a bit.  I love knowing the numbers behind this...I know I sound like a broken record, but it really appeals to me and how I approach things.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Since I've been on "maintenance" I've continued to lose 1/2 lb a week so that means that I must still be creating a 250 per day calorie deficit.  I better bump up the budget...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, you are doing fantastic. I am so happy for you. What a problem to have to lose too much. LOL
    I am sure our eating habits have changed. I always thought I ate healthy, but the protion control we are doing w/ Loseit! make such a difference. Last night we went out for Pho. The soup bowl looked to me like a wash basin. And it was only broth with a couple of shrimps, a couple of beef pieces and lots of veggies. 
    I haven't been on the scale here yet, and I think I will skip it. Their scale is in their master bathroom, and I feel odd going in there and undress myself in order to hop on the scale. I am logging though, and I have not been over my budget yet. So all is well.