March chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: March chat

Yoda is a he and I corrected it.  See I'm tired this morning. :) 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hopefully the sunny day will help, Winter. :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thanks for correcting it.  If I told the boys Yoda was a "she" they would have gone bonkers.  For now "he" is a friend they can corrupt....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks for the tips, Kargiver.  I'm not doing any climbing.  I'm very careful about that and only use my two step stool in the kitchen when I have to.  Waiting to hear G.T.'s decision on whether or not they're coming down tomorrow, probably not since the forecast is definitely a cold rain - not good for raking leaves.  If they decide to anyway, I'll have them take down my curtains so I can wash them and then they can put them back up.

Winter, Charlie was a head/hair sleeper too.  Son's MIL who took him tells me he sleeps on her head nights!  Maybe they're associating the hair with the fur of their mothers?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

No, I wouldn't think of recommending you climb - was thinking maybe the Febreeze mist could reach up there if you were just to extend your arms full length.  Be safe!  The baking soda is a mess, but it works pretty well if you can let it sit long enough before you vac.

I'm glad Gracie's not a head-sleeper - we'd have been suffocated by now!

ETA:  Quilts and bedspreads hang on to that acrid stench a long time, too - are they small enough to wash at home?  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Nope.  I sprinkle baking soda on my one area rug in the l.r. weekly anyway, and vac or sweep.  It seems less strong this morning, and since cousin probably isn't coming over, I'm not concerned as much.

Coffee is ready, so I'll go have my cup and find a snack to go with.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

The past week I've been woken up with him licking my nose and face, and than he settles in next to me.  Not sure why he's suddenly taken an interest in my hair, but I like your analogy tt about a mother's fur. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Morning laugh to share with you.  Appropriate too since we're talking about our cats - this from G.T.'s email a few minutes ago - 

I put on my sneaker at the gym and there was something wedged in the toe.  I reached in and pulled out a stuffed mouse that Desmond put in there.
    He always puts the mice into my shoes, probably because it is fun to try to get them back out again. I had to laugh out loud and I'm sure people wondered what I found so funny.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from keane5050. Show keane5050's posts

Good morning all!

I seldom post here but I must admit to lurking.  I was interested in the discussion of books.  I, too, am reading "The Hunger Games" and really enjoying it.  My daughter (17)  read the trilogy and highly recommended it.

I just finished Stephen King's "11/22/63" and definitely give it a hardy endorsement!  I have read many of King's earlier books and always loved them but the last few where a little too gruesome for me.  This is not the case with "11/22/63"  It's the story of a man who travels through a portal in time back to the early 60's.  He decides to stop the assassination of JFK.  Very good read! 

Hope you don't mind my interjection into your discussion but I thought someone might like to check out this book.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

G.T. is lucky it wasn't a real mouse.  Growing up we had a cat.  This cat ADORED my mother.  Well in the middle of church my mother reaches into her bag for her collection envelope and there was a dead mouse in there.  She quickly gave the bag to my father to handle.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

keene I haven't read that Stephen King book, but now I'm interested. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Welcome Keane!  I am loving the Hunger Games and I have all 3.  I LOVE Stephen King and I have the 11/22/63 book at home. I haven't started it yet but it is next on my list after the 3 hunger games series.  Did you find "The Dome" too gruesome?  I didn't think it was that bad.  But he is an amazing writer.  I have been a fan for many years. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh my God, loving the stories. GT finding a mouse in his sneaker is priceless!  Winter and your mom finding a dead one in her purse!  My mother told the story of a cat we had that she woke up to him walking on her with a dead mouse in his mouth that he promptly dropped on her.  She said she never got out of bed so fast in her life!  lol!  It is a gift from them to you I heard.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"I will go to S&S tonight after work since all I need is cocoa powder and baking soda. You can tell I don't bake! "

Amber, here is a picture of what you want.  Only posting it because there are many cocoa powders and don't want you picking up hot chocolate powder by mistake!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

And I would have!  Thank you so much tt!  I have it written down now : )

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter and Amber, love the dead mous stories.  If you remember, Cheerio mews her way in my bedroom in the middle of the night with LIVE mice in her mouth!  One of those she brought last year ran up the post of the standing floor mirror and right into a brand new handbag gift that was hanging on the knob!  I left it there until morning, it was a tote bag type, and then dumped it out and started the merry chase.  Since having the cellar completely cleared out, it's been a lot better - no place for them hide within her reach down there.

Going to call cousin now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from keane5050. Show keane5050's posts

Thank you for the welcome

I have not read "The Dome" but I will load it on the Kindle!  I have always been a Stephan King fan too.  Has anyone read anything by Joe Hill?  He is King's son.  I only ready one book he's written.  I think it was titled "Heart Shaped Box".  Like his father, he writes about supernatural experiences.  It was pretty good!

I was recently laid off from work (after 31 years - but that's another story!) and I have just started volunteering at the local library.  I now have so many books on my "to read" list that I don't think I'll ever get through it.  I am trying to tackle some of the bigger organizing jobs around the house that I never had time for but the books keep calling to me....

Again, thank you for the welcome.  I will check in from time to time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I loved The Dome Keane. It was the last one I read of his. It is a big book, over 1000 pages and I finished it in 3 days.  I think you will enjoy it.  I feel your pain getting laid off. I did too in 2008 for 8 months.  Luckily been back to work for 3 years now but that was the worse experience in my life. I have never lost a job.  Very stressful.  31 years though???  That is just wrong..  I must check out Joe Hill.  First I heard of Stephen King's son. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, I remember that story well. It was around the same time Tigger and Boo chased a mouse through my house and then Boo put it in his mouth. I almost had a heart attack and picked the mouse up (with Tigger hissing at me!) and ran it out to the patio and threw it in the woods.  Still don't know how I did that...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Welcome to CC, keane.  Sorry to hear about your having been laid off.  Come by anytime!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

You ladies getting your bags packed??  Remember I will be half a billion dollars richer by tomorrow.  So NYC, here we come!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber, you know that helicopter parent comment I made.  Someone got offended and told me I was condescending for sharing my opinion.  I wrote back and told her that was my personal experience and that I am allowed to post it on a public forum. Same poster that was upset that I was for circumcisions a couple years back.  Everyone has their own beliefs and ideas on what they want to do. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am not surprised Winter.  You wrote common sense.  That is a new language today Wink

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, I'm ready for company - anyone want to come over?  Cousin sounds a lot better this morning, back is bothering her, but she didn't sleep last night, so taking my advice and laying low today.  G.T. has cancelled for tomorrow - 

Keene, welcome.  We are a group of readers for the most part.  I too was surprised to hear that Stephen King's son was a writer.  Somewhere in the back of my mind I thought he had a dau.  One of my sons is a fan of King, I'll look for a book by his son and pick it up for him - just for his comparison.  As for being laid off, that must be hard at this stage of your life.  We're here every day, any time you want to pop in and chat.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Amber, did you catch the pic of the baking chocolate to look for?  In my early days, I picked up the wrong kind, sweetened chocolate, once.

ETA:  Oh, I see your response now.  So many posts going up at once!
    Off to shower and dress and fiddle de de my way through the day.