May 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

May 2012

Happy May Day!!!

(And, happy 3rd birthday to Gracie!)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: May 2012

In Response to May 2012:
    [QUOTE]Happy May Day!!! (And, happy 3rd birthday to Gracie!)
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

What a big girl she is!  Happy birthday, Gracie, tho I really think every day is like your birthday in your home.  Such a pretty girl.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning everyone and of course a big Happy 3rd Birthday to Gracie!  How fast that went.  I remember when you got her!  Guess we are in for a few rainy days.  That's ok, we need it.  Nice to see everything green.  I am hoping to get my patio setup this weekend.  I received my new chair and chaise lounge cushions.  They are so pretty..  Ordering the rug in a couple of weeks.  Should look really nice.  Can't wait to start grilling in earnest.  So healthy and tasty. Winter, no reading last night either.  I get in my moods and can knock a book out in no time or I don't read at all.  This is one of my not reading episodes : )   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, wishing you lots of luck on your appointment today. Keeping my fingers crossed it is fixable..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Aw, so sweet, ladies, thank you!  Gracie's sleeping in, but when she gets up I'll pass along your birthday wishes and give her a big CC hug. :)

tt, indeed, hoping you have a successful appointment today and get the answers and remedies you need for complete relief!  Hope it's not pouring when you have to go out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

TT, good luck at the DR. today.  I waqs thinking - have you raised the head of your bed?  It's supposed to help night symptoms - putting blocks of wood under the legs at the head of the bed.

That may be something he suggests, Hats.  There are other symptoms and I need to find out what is going on there.  I'm sure there'll be tests to be done.  I appreciate your thought. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I second what Hats said.  When my hernia acts up I find it helps to have 2-3 pillows to elevate me. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, Amber.  I sleep with 2 pillows now, but find during sleep I tend to curl up so my head/throat is sometimes curled downward.  Just to find out what it is and what type of diet I need to avoid will be a help.  As it is now, I'm avoiding everything, even my beloved sweets.  -  Enough about me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I submitted my recipe to Trader Joe's.  Pingo, was your reply auto-generated?  I haven't gotten one yet...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone and Happy birthday Gracie.  Amber, I believe I'm on Chapter 18 section 15.  tt, good luck at your appointment today.  Amber, where did you order the cushions from?  We could use some and I'm thinking about a rug as well.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

You are way ahead of me Winter!  But I am a fast reader, so promise to catch up.  I ordered mine on Amazon.  They aren't cheap for sure, but I can usually get 3 summers out of them.  I am ordering the rug mid May.  It is actually more of a mat but it is 9x12 which is nice and large.  Good reviews too and reasonably priced. 

$59.95$54.95
    In Stock.Offered by Smart Camping World
    1 Used & New from $54.95

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks Amber, I live the rug.  :) I'll look for cushions there.  My son is giong over a friend's house after school today, so I don't have to pick him up which means I can read on my lunch. :) 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I can't wait to get it and put it down. I have a cement patio, so I think it will look really nice.  I went neutral since my chair cushions are flowered and my chaise lounge cushion is yellow.  I also have a red solar umbrella along with green resin chairs and end tables, so everything matches well.  That is my little world in the summer : )  If I get a seat tonight on the train, I will read for sure.  That is all I need is a push sometimes. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Around the pool is cement and we have a wood patio.  They both get hot.  We have four chairs around the table, no cushions.  We also have two lounge chairs and two regular chairs (green) by the pool.  Those need new cushions. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I would recommend getting them now Winter.  I wanted new ones last year but couldn't find any in June.  I went to Target and Home Depot, all sold out. I got the chair cushions with the backs as my table set is wrough iron and glass.  The cushions ran me around $55 each, I needed 4 and the chaise lounge cushion was $80.  Hope that helps. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning, and happy May Day. Those two words wake up lots of memories for me. Our country was occupied by the Germans during the Second World War, and our radio programs (no TV then) were censored. But we got the world news from London via secret transmitters. They would generally play elevator music, but when there was something to report, we would hear, "Mayday, Mayday" - and we knew to listen, before they went off the air again. "Mayday, Mayday - the Germans have capitulated" - it was on May4th 1945  and I was sitting at our dining table doing home work. Still remember it so vividly. Everyone ran out on the streets and partied all night disregarding the curfew.

Happy Birthday. Gracie - can't believe it is already 3 years ago, you brought her home, Kar. Show us her baby picture if you can. She is such a beautiful, young lady now.
    tt, I wish for you, that your appointment will have a positive outcome. I am sure you will have to go through some tests. They may not be comfortable, but necessary. You do need to find out what is going on, so you can get to the bottom of this, and be feeling your old self again. Good luck my friend.
    Kar, I believe the recipe response was auto generated. It came as soon as I had sent it off.
    Rainy day - but I don't have to be out in it, and we do need it so badly. Hope you all stay dry and warm - Pingo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

What a wonderful memory Pingo.  I could listen to more "mature" people talk about the 1940's and other times all day.  I hope the rain stops before I get out of work.  There is a wind tunnel on my walk to the train station.  I have given many umbrellas to it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber, we have priced the cushions, not sure we can do it this year.  I need some mulch badly.  But maybe.  I'm going to look on Amazon later.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I went into shock the first time I had to replace the ones that came with my set.  You may have better luck at the end of summer?  I bought my Weber grill years ago at the end of summer and saved a lot of money.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Happy Bday Gracie, and happy May Day Pingo!

Thanks for asking about my appt Kar, unfortunately the blood work wasn't good.  I won't bore everyone with the details but hopefully I we can work on a plan to get it resolved quickly! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Pingo!  Sure, here's a photo of Gracie taken the week we brought her home at 8 weeks old that I don't think I've posted before.

You'll never forget those "maydays," for sure - too bad May Day is a solemn reminder.

What address did you send your recipe in to, Pingo?  TJ's never responded to my inquiry about the contest nor did I get a response to my recipe.  However it didn't get returned to me as undelivered, either.  Odd.

Prin, sorry to hear that.  I hope you can get it back on track soon, too.  I wonder if work and the stress of that is impacting your levels.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Wow Kar!!  What a difference!!  They grow so fast...  I look at Amber's puppy picture and can't believe it sometimes either.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

She was so small Kar.  :) Sorry your blood work is where the doctor's wanted it.  Hopefully, you can come up with a plan to get it back on track. 

Amber, we've been looking.  DH went to Big Lots I think and they were $40 each.  I told him to buy them right away..lol.  But he didn't. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Awww --- Kar! So cute - thanks for posting it.

This is the e-mail, I used: QQrecipe@traderjoes.com

It is on the recipe contest rules on "how to enter". Since you haven't heard from them, I would send it again. Best of luck!

In Response to Re: May 2012:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, Pingo!  Sure, here's a photo of Gracie taken the week we brought her home at 8 weeks old that I don't think I've posted before. You'll never forget those "maydays," for sure - too bad May Day is a solemn reminder. What address did you send your recipe in to, Pingo?  TJ's never responded to my inquiry about the contest nor did I get a response to my recipe.  However it didn't get returned to me as undelivered, either.  Odd. Prin, sorry to hear that.  I hope you can get it back on track soon, too.  I wonder if work and the stress of that is impacting your levels.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]