May 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Re: May 2013

Good luck to the TT family and the new arrival

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Hey TT keeping a good thought for the mother and baby.  Frantically busy these days but thinking of all you friends.

icer, super avatar.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, all.  Waiting to hear more from G.T.

Icer, love that avatar.  My gosh, he's getting so big!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Maybe the due date was off and he's not as early as it seems; just two weeks would make a big difference.

got the Mother's Day cards and gifts in the mail this morning...late, I know, but the moms involved know the woman in charge of this and will neither be surprised nor hurt, thankfully.  The PO said there's a good chance that the NH mom will get hers Saturday. PA, on the other hand, is a stretch.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

This is extended family, a nephew of G.T.'s partner.  They know it will be a little girl.  My GD (pumpkin's mom) is expecting her second boy the first of July.  Just so, no one's confused - - -

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

ETA:  Ugh, I put the URL from shutterfly in the "add photo" box, and this is what happened.  Can anyone see a photo instead of just an icon that tells you a photo is supposed to be there?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Let's try one more time...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It worked!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Here's the goose family - look at how mad the parents are for the dog's presence!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Gracie goes to Boston...sounds like a children's book doesn't it? Thanks for the compliments on Mr. Zachary's picture but I just share the picture...he is so adorable though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Lol!!  OMG Icer, that is a riot!

Beautiful pics of Gracie's day in the city.

BEst of luck to the new mom to be - or hopefully new mom by now!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good afternoon. Sorry been very busy here with our event tonight. Should be a normal afternoon from here and out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Nothing yet.

Great pics of Gracie, Kargiver.  You're lucky the geese didn't charge.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Tt, keeping the LO and mom in my thoughts. Oh wow, what great pictures Kar. Did you go to the Boston Marathon site? Icer, what a great picture.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, ladies!!  I was so happy I could share the day in photos with you.  

tt, I think they were wanting to stay right next to the babies...but, they definitely could have attacked...what a scene that would have been.  Actually, I wasn't terribly close - I used the zoom.

Winter, yes, we did.  And, I walked down the portion of Boylston where there is still evidence of the blast on the buildings' facades.  Took my breath.  The memorial was mostly covered in plastic due to the rain, and since I had Gracie I didn't get closer than the edge, but that was enough.  I thought of your loss with tears.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks Kar. I am going down into that part of Boston in early June and I'm not sure I want too, but I know I need too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I waffled myself and thought that since I hardly ever go to Boston that it was now or never and I'd have regretted it if I hadn't.  You can do it, and you'll be glad you did.  hugs

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

Good morning!

ache, I hope you find the Tankini Day diddy.  Thanks re Gracie - how did you recall she's 4?  Have you been lurking or did you actually know?  I wouldn't be surprised if it were the latter.

No, I remember from last year...May 1st. There's five months difference between hers and William's (d.o.b. 12/1/03). He's 9 now

Here's a picture of him in case you forgot what he looks like:

AcheNot

Isnt he a handsome fella? Look at that face. How could anyone resist that face?

Havent found the Tankini Day song yet. It's somewhere though. I'll find it

'ditty' btw, not 'diddy'. I went over this with you last year. Dont you remember anything? God...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

How embarrassing, yes, ditty...I remember.  Hi, William. :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning :)

TGIF!!

I made a giant pot of vegetable barley soup last night and had some for breakfast.  Planning to make more biscuits this afternoon; the last two have my name on them for today.

Still glowing from our cosmopolitan day Wednesday.  Couldn't believe it has been 20 years since that was my regular stomping ground.

Happy Mother's Day weekend to all the moms here!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Baby girl was born at 11:00 last night.  She is, of course, beautiful, as all babies are.  Proud father sent pic of her at 11:30 to G.T., but they haven't heard any more info like weight, or whether baby was born normal delivery or had to have the C-Section.  Thanks for remembering baby and mother in your prayers.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. tt, congrats on the new baby. Hope the rain holds off until after 2 tomorrow since DH has a soccer game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Cheerio's looking for new grounds to conquer this morning.  Clawed at the linen closet door, but I won't let her get in there because she gets in on the studs behind the kitchen cabinets and claws and claws until I can lure her out by rattling her bottle of treats.  Then she wanted to go upstairs, and she can't go up there because she tries to get the door open into the unfinished attic.  Finally, when I was putting things away in the toyroom closet she darted in there.  Now she's content, sleeping on the basket of ironing, thinking she's gotten away with something.

Son called this morning and said he had been talking to lawn mower guy who said he would definitely be down today to cut the grass.  Good thing.  I take pride in the way my property looks, and I'm used to having the grass cut every 2 weeks.

Too bad about Saturday's expected rain, Winter.  I think showers are predicted for Sunday too.  Don't know how the new baby might change G.T.'s MIL plans, she was going to the parents' house for dinner.  She may end up just visiting there quickly and then coming here for dinner with us, which would be nice.

DIL whose birthday was yesterday, called last night, they had just gotten back from an overnight at Foxwoods.  Their lives are so busy, I love to see them make time get away for a day or two, just each other.  This is pumpkin's Grandmother.  Their whole family rearranges schedules to help care for pumpkin when his mom is seeing clients.  His dad has a regular 8 hour day job.

Have a wash to throw in, then a cup of coffee and one of the end pieces of those hermits I made yesterday.  Those are the best parts, to me.  Remind me of Joe Froggers.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh I'd like some Hermits please. I'm having tuna casserole for lunch.