November 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: November 2013

Mine is not heated by the oil burner.  Heated by gas.  Expected life is 8 years.  they are guaranteed for 6.  Mine is 11, so I should have been more vigilant and had it replaced before it started leaking.

Found with the toilet I had to switch to a faster disintegrating toilet paper, switched to Angel Soft and haven't had any problem with the clogging.  recommended to several people with satisfactory results.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

8 years?  I never would have guessed that!  It seems that with modern technology that should certainly be improved upon!  STEM problem for some smart person...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, seriously, no one is that proactive.  if it's working it's working and it's not on anyone's mind...until it isn't.

made meatloaf with turkey and Italian sausage.  Sauteed the last of the hot peppers (withered) and a couple of onions from the garden to go in it along with some store minced garlic.  Fabulous. Cooked a gigantic turnip and whipped it with butternut I made yesterday...maple syrup, butter, pumpkin pie spice, beef soup starter, and red pepper flakes.  Yummy!  Not 111 yummy, but good for home. :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Were having chicken and squash with maple syrup, cinnamon and ginger and salt and pepper...and sweet potatoes.  In 15 minutes.  Maybe I should go to the kitchen....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I had tomato soup and the last of the cho chip cookies I found in the cookie jar down under the store bought ones.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

That sounds good.  Costco used to carry a Campbells Tomato Basil Bisque and I went looking for it today but no luck.  So we had the usual chicken with the left over veg instead.  Quick, easy, filling....and it's on to the next thing.  I also finished all the laundry today, so am doing craft projects and studying in front of the TV tonight.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just came in and opened my emails and there was a response from G.T. about the round ornments with the pics in the middle.  Said he would love to know how to make those.  I know some of the things you can see on Pinterest without having to join, did you have to sign up to see how to make those?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Shutting down for the night.  May crawl into bed early.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just came in and opened my emails and there was a response from G.T. about the round ornments with the pics in the middle.  Said he would love to know how to make those.  I know some of the things you can see on Pinterest without having to join, did you have to sign up to see how to make those?

[/QUOTE]

http://thegraphicsfairy.com/sheet-music-christmas-ornaments/

The link above goes to the directions.  Of course, I don't have a circle punch so I would just cut the circles with a pinking shears or another pair of scrapbooking scissors, or even just regular scissors would be fine.  And I would use cardboard circles rather than wood.  I'd cut the center motifs out of old xmas cards...I save all of mine...

But really, it's worth signing up for pinterest....you don't have to use your real name, I don't...and there's no advertising yet...I've learned so much and made so many things!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Here's the inspiration for the project I am working on right now.  The link no longer works so I am just making it up as I go along.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Quick post before I wash with a basin of heated water -

Thanks, Hats.  I saw the latest two posts a few minutes ago and copied and sent to G.T.  He probably won't be able to open the pic at work, but sent it both to work and home.

Haven't gone down cellar to see what further damage has been done, but seeing as my son shut the levers off, maybe what was there on the floor has dried up with the heat of the oil burner.  Have to get dressed first off.

At 5:30 this morning there as a beautiful young buck in my yard, all alone.  Started at the back and then worked his way down quite quickly and out the side, I suspect, because he was out of sight by the time I changed rooms and windows to follow his progress, that he went down through the adjoining yards.  Bothers me to see solitary animals.

Tales of fisher cats are continuing, or at least "a" fisher cat.  My son who lives at the other end of town heard one one night last week.  Said it is a very eerie cry.  When he and his neighbor were talking the next day, he told my son, that was a fisher cat.  I don't want to hear one and I certainly don't want to see one.

Off I go, think my son may stop in this morning on his way home from work to check basement.  His plumber and he will be over this afternoon when the plumber gets home from a week-end away, and said he will put a new one in today.

I'll most likely be on again once I'm dressed and have had breakfast.

Hope there is an email, oh, probably not yet tho, from you Pingo.  Your boys are leaving today, so I'm sure you'll be busy, what with breakfast and getting them all on the planes.  Hope you will post (yes, we can post now) a pic of the room with the cyclamen and decorations.  We all want to hear all about it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, all,

Nice sheet music wreath project, hats; if I were more crafty I'd make that for my professional musician brother, but alas, it isn't gonna happen.

(had to sit on this a few minutes to make another cup of coffee for DH)

Oldest nephew got inducted into the Natnl Honor Society this past week; we are all so proud but not surprised. 

We are heading into Boston today for the Bruins game compliments of DH's company as the Christmas "party," and then out to linner (as Seinfeld fans know, that's a mixture of lunch and dinner, lol) in the North End.

Our neighbor's young adult daughter is going to walk Gracie in the early afternoon, feed her, and then let her out in the early evening so no worries there.  She is great with dogs, knows Gracie, and is very trustworthy with our key and our baby so no worries. :)

Have a wonderful Veteran's Day, remembering all our heros who bought our freedom.

ETA:  tt, sitting on my post made me miss your latest - I hope your basement is dry for your sons' quick action.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Kar that wreath project is the easiest thing ever.  Will post a photo and directions when I am finished.

I too am on tenterhooks to hear about the shower.

TT I hope the hot water issue gets resolved quickly.

Photo in honor of the day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I don't get browse....oh well..I am enjoying all the pictures I see..Loved the poppies Hats

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. Toilet is working again so we have two bathrooms again. tt, hope there is no more damage in the basement. I would not like to see or hear a fisher cat. Kar what fun I haven't been to a Bruins game in many years. Hats the wreath is very creative. Pingo looking forward to hear about the shower; I'm sure it was lovely. I'm off today, so DS and I are home, since he doesn't have school. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer, I see they have changed the box that comes up when you click on the green tree.  No matter, just go down in the box to where it says "choose file".  Goto picture you want to post, click on it and then the "open" box.  Then follow the direction, just wait and the link address will automatically appear in the "image link" box, and then you click on "insert".  Your picture will appear in the box you are typing in.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt how is the basement? 

nice looking cookies.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Most of the water has dried.

Cookies were some of those I baked to take to Lilly's birthday cookout in Sept.  Too bad bats aren't on top in that pic, those are the ones the little boy kept going back to.  He couldn't figure out how I got them bat shaped, and my son told him I had a pet bat in the attic and I traced him on the cookie dough!  Little cutie - the kid, not my son! haha

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

The cookies look lovely.

Don't  take this the wrong way, but, I would use caution when serving them to children.

As I am sure you know, research indicates there may be a link between food coloring, sugar, and ADHD.

If you are using natural food coloring (re: multi-colored sprinkles), disregard this post.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Good Morning everyone, as tt told you I had lots of problems with my computer,  had my GS some over and detach the computer and off DD and I went to the computer store, it would have cost quite a bit to fix it (9 yrs old) so I opted for a new one, had my GS come over and retach things and its working like a charm. Thanked Mr DH, he asked for what, I told him for my birthday gift!!  Last time I went to Foxwoods (Halloween) I won $90, that weekend DD and I went to MB in NH...their prices are excellent!!  Crackers I buy here all the time are 2/$5, up there the same thing was 2/$3, salve used for back pain here is $9.99 plus tax, there it is $5.99, no tax!!  I compared prices and used coupons, all stocked up for awhile.  When I went to Foxwoods I was having a problem with my dentures, what to eat??  Never had it before  but I was hungry so I tried Roasted Potato and Cheddar soup....delicious!!  Plan on having it when I go again. Hats, Christmas shakers are my favorites, have at least 150 pr of them, I can't seem to stop buying them, just got a new pair of trees trimmed in gold as an early bd gift.  I went to a bazaar and bought a patriotic pair, when put together they form a flag, only got 6 books, seems I had most of the ones they had on sale. tt, sorry about your water heater, we had a new one put in awhile ago, ours is electric, don't know why we had it replaced, no leak, but knowing me, there had to have been  something wrong with it.  Till next time, take care all. ss

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi SS.  Will give you a call later after new water heater is installed.  My son just called and they will be over around 1:00.

SS is being as little coy with her birthday, it is this Friday, 11/15.

Just heated up remains of the tomato soup and am going to make a little simple salad to go with, and  hopefully be ready to watch Y&R since I didn't see it Friday (lunch with gal pals).

See there is a post from RR after my cookie picture - probably warning of kids choking on so many sugar sprinkles!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Nice to see a post from you ss. Glad you are up and running with your new computer. Great deals you found in NH. I have a few Christmas presents I may have to drive there for. Think DS and I will have Chinese for lunch.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

TT, I have to say, you are pretty good at guessing the content of ignored posts.  

Add me to the list of those dying to hear about Pingo's shower.

And belated happy anniversary Kar!  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good afternoon,
    So sorry, I feel I have deserted you all. The shower went beautifully. I am taking a break in between airport trips. I am totally exhausted. Will tell you all about it tomorrow. I brought my camera, but had no time to use it. UK son was busy taking photographs, as so many others were.
    Will try to download some of them. Haven't caught up with all the posts.
    Please be patient.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to RockinRobin39's comment:

The cookies look lovely.

Don't  take this the wrong way, but, I would use caution when serving them to children.

As I am sure you know, research indicates there may be a link between food coloring, sugar, and ADHD.

If you are using natural food coloring (re: multi-colored sprinkles), disregard this post.

Good advice, Robin

I bet it went over real well with trumpet this morning

She's probably penning a thank you note for you as we speak

Either that, or she's pretending to have you on ignore

One or the other. I cant figure out which