October 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Re: October 2013

Pingo, DH called me and told me about it, was just able to catch the end of it as it faded over the house across the street.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh my, it was just amazing. Hats, so happy you had a chance to see a glimpse of it. I am just so amazed, what beauty we can find in nature.
    Of course going North on Rt. 128 was almost at a stand still. I am quite sure some of the News will show it. It was just unbelievable beautiful. Never in my life have I seen such a huge and complete rainbow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Hubby saw it from Rt 93 in Medford so it was quite a widespread phenomenon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Sorry I missed the rainbow.  None of us can have too many sightings of those in our lifetime.

Nice this morning.  Have to do a couple of errands that I didn't get to yesteday., so plan on getting out while the sun shines.

Winter, how are you feeling today?  Do you have to be at the activity that is going on?  Hope you're better.  I stopped by the library yesterday and coughing/antibiotics are in full force there.  Got in and out as fast as I could and really washed my hands good when I got home.

Breakfast calls, and my list to make out so I don't forget any stops today.  I'll check in later.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. I feel even worse today. I brought the stuff home with my yesterdy at 2:30, but have to do some more today, really don't want to be here, but there is no one else to do it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sorry you aren't feeling better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Cool morning, but still sunny. DH and I were debating last night, if we should turn on the heat. But decided not to. As long as the sun is out, our house warms up quickly. But this morning, I felt sorry we didn't. So hard to get out of bed. With the rain coming this afternoon and tmw., I am sure, we will finally have to give in.
    I am still in awe over the rainbow last night. When I stood at the end of my driveway, I could see a huge full half circle. Never seen anything like that.
    Kargiver and Winter, how are you doing this morning? Did you have to go in today, Winter? Lots of coughing around.
    tt, just want to mention, that the country style spareribs are on sale at S&S. I picked some up last night to freeze for later, having November's slow cooker recipe in mind.
    Nothing exciting on the docket today. Will check in later. Have a great day everyone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sorry, Winter, you are not feeling better and you had to drag yourself to work. So you don't have to be in this predicament again, can't you teach someone else to do, what you are doing right now? Hope you can go home early.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I saw the rainbow on my way to pick up DD.  The daycare had some of the older kiddos outside looking at it as well.  Really quite a sight!! 

We gave in and put the heat on low last night (set therm to 64), just to keep it from getting too cold for DD.  She's in fleccy PJs anyways, and I put her flannel sheet on, but she sleeps with just one blanket, and tends to tuck it up underneath hersef instead of being covered by it.

Sorry you are still feeling lousy Winter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

My boss won't do it, there is no one else in my department. sigh...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, hope you're not coming down with something and feel better soon.

I had a cup of coffee with my soup for lunch, and the caffeine seemed to help my nausea.  Found that to be true other times too.  Have an early morning appt. tomorrow, and then going out, so won't be on until late afternoon.  Hope everyone is on the mend.  I've ironing to do and hopefully finish up my afghan square today.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Nausea, tt? What's going on? Hope you are not coming down w/ something.

Your boss won't do it, Winter? What would he/she do, if you were not there? That is absurd, when you obviously cannot hide how sick you are. Hopefully you can leave early today and stay at home tmw.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I've felt like I was coming down with a bug for a few days.  Headache now and then, nausea that comes and goes, sore throat off and on - fighting if off, I hope.  Had plans to go out with a friend tomorrow and don't want to cancel that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

it seems as though everyone is sick this week.  I have a little cold too.  not enough to keep me from doing everything but enough to make me feel "eh".  I hate taking cold medicines so am just dealing with the stuffiness.  hope everyone feels better soon.

i didn't see the rainbow (i live more west/south of the city) but the sky was a beautiful orange/pink color for awhile. i'm hoping the rain holds off tonight for game one of the world series.  i'm not going but i want to watch it on tv after the kids are asleep.  love the red sox.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well, tt. And you too, Rama. DH had a sore throath last week, so we both filled up on Emergen-C (it is packages, you mix in water - TJ's sells it and so does Costco). Seemed to do it's job.
    Hope you are feeling better tmw. tt - so you can enjoy your day out. But your friend may cancel; it is going to rain heavily.

ETA.  Scratch that. The weatherman changed his mind. No rain tmw.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Emergen-C is just a mega dose of vitamin C along with some other stuff.

If someone has GI problems, taking large amounts of vitamin C may not be a good idea...just saying.

http://www.emergenc.com/misc/faq

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm starting to feel a little better. Won't be able to get to bed early, because I'm a BIG Red Sox fan! Can't wait to see it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll  be heading out in a few. Hope everyone has a nice night.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Same symptoms as me, tt.  Hope you can still make it tomorrow, especially now that your no-rain request has been granted!  DH swears by Airborne, which is similar, I think.  I don't find it all that helpful, and really hate the taste.  I am just working on drinking extra water (warm feels good on the sore throat, tt) and trying to rest when I can.

I'm not such a big sox fan, so I'll probably fall asleep with it on in the background.  Then again, Bruins are on tonight too, and my house is a big hockey household.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I already assigned DH a project that he can do sitting down watching the World Series, because I know that is where he will be the next few nights.  It would be nice if the Sox could sweep the Cards as they did in '04 so it would be over quickly, but I think that's a vain hope.  I'm sure that I'll fall asleep early too.

Winter I hope yourevent went well and your illness is gone by the time we hear from you tomorrow.  Try tea and hot toddies, everyone, if you are skating on the edge of illness.  TT have you any ginger ale?  I hope you can make your lunch plans tomorrow.  I have lunch plans too so keep a good thought for the weather being cooperative.  I thought at one point that it was going to rain today; the trees started rustling but no; it was colder today than I thought it would be and I wished I had worn long sleeves.  Rama hope you can keep the little ones from getting ill too. 

Did you know that salycilic acid (the active ingredient in aspirin)  works better than antibacterials for preventing colds?  Because colds are caused by viruses, not bacteria.  Acne treatment washes with 1 or 2% concentrations are good to use in the shower and for hand washing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, ladies,

sorry for my absence...I've been truly exhausted and now am overwhelmed with the idea of getting caught up...not that I don't care, just feeling very anxious.  The onset of cold weather does a number on me, and I need a vacation.  

I've got about 20 lbs of veggies DH just picked yesterday to get it out of harm's (frost) way.  Now that the garage is cooler, the last batch of applesauce is on hold.

thinking of you all

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Kar, one thing we tend to forget in our nostalgia for the 'old days' is that the reason people stopped canning their own food is because it was such hard work.    The growing of the food is a job made much easier by mechanization; canning not so much.  Don't make yourself ill.  An exhausted, sick wife costs more than a few vegetables.  Give the food away if you have to.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

I'm feeling so much better this morning. Winter did you watch the Red Sox last night? Awesome game!! How are you feeling? And TT how are you feeling today? Hopefully you are better and able to make your lunch plans. 

I am am off work today and trying to clean the house while DD is at achool. Finished making her Halloween costume too. 

Kar - I never am able to fully "catch up" with posts because I have such a limited time to do the computer. I still post and participate as best I can. Nobody has ever made e feel that's not ok. You should not feel bad or apologize for being behind. You certainly don't need to feel overwhelmed about catching up.  Just jump in! Isn't this board supposed to be a fun escape and way to connect with others during the day? I think it sounds like you need the boards now especially. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

What wise words this morning. Hats, I agree with you in regard to the growing and canning vegetable. Not only do we now have machinery to do a lot of the yard chores, but the hybrids, we have now, produce a lot more than the older varieties. But you are right, the processing and canning procedures have not followed suit.

And yes, Rama, this should be a fun time. No one should feel bad for not posting or "catching up". Glad you are on the mend. We are not much of a baseball fans, so we didn't watch the game last night. But I am happy for those of you who are, that the Sox won last night.

tt, I hope you felt well enough to keep your lunch date. I keep forget mentioning to you about the consignment store on Rt. 28 in Reading. It is called Camp to Castle. I have seen several tables displayed, that may be, what you are looking for. Exit 38B on Rt. 128 towards Reading. Then about 1 mile up on Rt. 28 on the left side. You can't miss it.

Kar, I think you have overworked yourself and is burnt out. 20 lbs. of produce is quite a lot. Take Hats' advice and maybe do half of them and give the rest away. You will feel good about making a lot of people happy. IMO your health is more important, that a few jars of canned veggies.

Winter and November, I hope you both are feeling better today. Have a good day all.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, ladies!  I do feel better for having said how awful I feel. :)  Hoping everyone else gets a boost, too; seems I'm not the only one down for one reason or another.