September 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

September 2011

Since Winter is having difficulty starting a new discussion, I took it upon myself to.  Hope that is ok!  Hard to believe it is September already!  Can't wait for the long weekend.  Does anyone have any fun plans?  I don't have any so far. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: September 2011

Sure, I just didn't want to hog the "Start a New Discussion" starters!

Have plastered make up on to cover the flush from the Prednisone, and am on my way out for a bit.  No special plans, G.T. will be down one of the days, but he comes to work in the yard, so no special plans.

Heading out now.  Chat later.  Everyone is on tomorrow, right?  I keep thinking it's Friday already.  Have lost a day and in fact a whole week along the way!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I'm happy to hear the medication is working tt.  Nothing worse than itching... I'm sure it will be nice to see GT.  DD is going away for the weekend, so might go out with friends Saturday night, nothing sure yet.  Everyone seems up in the air on whether or not they will be around.  Either way, just happy I am not working.  I thought today was Friday too!  Tomorrow will be a long one : (  My company never closes early the Friday before a long weekend, so I am here until 5:00.  DD is getting out at 2:00, lucky bugger!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks tt. Good morning everyone.  My son started Fifth grade today.  Man where has the time gone?  tt, glad you are taking advantage of the nice day.  I will be here until noon today as my son has a hlaf day today and a half day tomorrow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Happy September, Amber!  I was about to volunteer to start this month, but you beat me to it!

Fifth grade already, Winter.  They grow so fast.  He stayed at his old school, right?  Hope its not too far of a commute for you guys to go back & forth.

AFM, I am in a super good mood this morning becuase I am wearing my skinny pants!  When I started my weight loss journey in June, these were the pants that I wanted to fit in (actually fit, not stuff myself in like a sausage) by the end of summer.  I'm so, so excited.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

It goes by fast Winter once they start school.  Enjoy the moments : )

ETA: Winter I wrote in the August thread about you being unable to start a discussion.  I find if I am using IE, I cannot but I can with Google Chrome, which is what I used.  This has been an ongoing issue for a long time. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Congratulations November on your skinny pants!  Not easy I know as I am up and down all the time. You have inspired me now : )  With the Holidays coming, I want to get some weight off.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The Zyrtec is starting to wear off, so have to get out before the itching really starts up again.  Cover up with a light weight long sleeved shirt over my T top, don't want to freak anyone out!  Goodbye for real this time!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Novemb, I actually work right done the street from his school, so it was ok for us to commit to send him there.  I told him we'd see on a year-to-year basis as if he continues there.  He would like to finish 8th grade there. 
    Amber, I can not use Google Chrome at work it's against the IT policy to download it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Congratulations on the skinny jeans Novem.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Thnx for the congrats, girls.  I actually have to go buy some jeans.  I hate shopping for jeans.  I need new work pants more right now though.  These and one other are the only ones that look decent.  Everything else is too baggy.  Hopefully I can hit the outlets this weekend when we are in NH.

I can understand why DS would want to stay with all his friends at "his" school, and think its great that you are open to re-evaluating each year. 

TT - you shouldn't be contagious if it was from a detergent, but if you want to cover up to avoid "the looks", I totally get it.  Hope your discomfort subsides very soon.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good September morning,
    tt, how sorry I am for you with your newest problem. I hope, you will feel better soon. If you need more Zyrtec (they are otc), Costco sells them for a reasonable price - they are expensive at the pharmacy.  Btw. do you mind telling us the name of that detergent, so we can stay away from it?
    Also, the rash could be from petting Pretty Baby. He/she is an outdoor cat and could easily have picked up some poison ivy or sumac. A bit on your hands and you yourself transfer it to other places on your body. It doesn't take much to make havoc.
    Congratulations November on your weight loss. That is terrific. I can imagine, you must feel like a million bucks.
    Happy 5th grade to your son Winter. It is great you can manage to have him stay at his old school. How did it go with his books and his T-shirt project?
    Had a lovely day yesterday. We didn't get to go to Essex, but went South near Fairhaven. We have a client there, who needed some consultation on some damage from the Irene. On the way back, we found a lovely place (on recommendation) overlooking the ocean - where we had an early dinner. A small mom & pop place. The food was wonderful and the service top notch. The weather was perfect, and it was hard to believe that the beautiful calm water, had whipped up a fury just a few days back.
    Now waiting for the "crew" to come for the weekend and will be busy preparing for that. PB son will be here tmw. and our TX son and his wife Saturday. We have no special plans, but will just hang out, enjoy each others company and and take it as it comes.
    You all enjoy this lovely day - Pingo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, I'm well aware it could be from Pretty Baby (thought I had posted that online, but guess not).  I mentioned that to them, but they were dubious.  The detergent I bought began with a "T" and they keep changing their formulas.  I've switched over to "All" recommended by dermatologists, and am careful with Pretty Baby, just patting his head (all I ever did anyway) and washing my hands good afterwards.  I did check with N.P. this morning and she said it is not contagious, that it's an allergic reaction (they don't know what) that I'm having.

ETA:  Did get the Costco brand of Zyrtec, Pingo.  But that headache is one they can keep.  Hoping the Prednisone kicks in soon.

Ran out to Hannaford's this morning - want to make lasagna with G.T. comes down and couldn't get any Hunt's tomato sauce at S&S.  I love going in Hannaford's every once in a while.  They have such a different variety of things that I never see in S&S or M.B.  Had 4 things on my list and came out with $53 worth - but some real finds - fancy feast is only $.50 a can there.  Stocked up on that.  One of the things I picked up was a ready made meal - Wild Alaskan Salmon with Tomato Bruschetta Topping, sugar snap peas and rice pilaf.  Doesn't that sound good?  Thought of you, Amber when I picked it up - know how you love to know what I'm having for lunch!  Ran next door to Cardsmart and got a couple more Halloween cards, plus some candy to put in bags to bring to grandkids this afternoon - both have ear infections.  Lousy way to start the school year.  They started Tuesday with half days, so they've suffered it out for the 4 hours.  Will make up a batch of cookies, half choc chip and leave the other half choc free and bring those too.

Have to go eat so I can take my Prednisone, itching to high heaven.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

You do have the best lunches tt!  I am planning on making Pingos homey noodle casserole and a meatloaf dinner next weekend.  I told DD what was in the casserole and she said it sounded delicious, so def going to double it.  No plans on cooking this weeekend with DD away.  Looks like omlets and cereal for me : )

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Meatloaf sounds good to me too.  Looked at hamburg in S&S but picked up some eye of the round steaks in a family size packet instead.  Should have remembered to look in Hannaford's - I've gotten their ground beef before and it's delicious.  I think it's wild range beef or some such.  Another thing I picked up today was Italian Mint Chocolate Gelato - dying to try that, it looks delicious.  Might have a spoonful after a salad for lunch (saving salmon for supper).  Now that I've got you thinking all kinds of delicious goodies - I'm off to make the salad and then the cookies.

P.S.  Love the new avatar - I'm going to take my camera over this afternoon and see if I can capture a new pic of Reese Peanut Butter Cup!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, we got the t-shirt done and then remembered it all most at school, teacher said it was fine to bring in tomorrow.  We have a little more of the other book to read so I hope we finish that up this afternoon.
    Novem, I don't blame him for wanting to stay at the school, as long as tuition doesn't sky rocket we should be able to do it.  I don't get money from his father for it, so we'll see.
    I plan on make Pingo's homey noodle casserole tonight and I will report back tomorrow. 
    I'm off the day in a few so I hope everyone has a nice day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Enjoy your afternoon off Winter!

TT you are making my stomach growl!  I have a veggie burger and carrots to heat up for lunch.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

mmmm... gelato....  tt, I just said in an earlier post I need to lose weight!  LOL!  I so love that picture of Amber when she was just a puppy.  I wish I had more, not sure why I didn't take any.  She got old before I knew it : But I always have been bad at taking pictures.  Would love to see pictures of Reese!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just woke up from a little nap on the couch with Cheerio.  Have to plate up the cookies now and put together my little candy/money bags for the kids and hope that they're home.  Didn't taste the gelato yet, instead cut a piece of a raspberry coffee cake I had bought too.  Saving the salmon and gelato for tonight.  Food, food, food, seems that's all that's on my mind today - and this when I have stopped the Red Yeast Rice in case that is what is causing the reaction.  Better watch my cholesterol, now that I have no added protection.  Oh well, tomorrow.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Reese Peanut Butter Cup - just had a new haircut:
    Which is the front?   Which is the back?

Sitting pretty -

See how smart I am?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh, tt!!!  she is gorgeous and so like my Amber use to be.  Love, love the pictures, thank you!  I notice she gets the puppy cut like Amber does.  I think Shih Tzu's are so much cuter with them  : )

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Going to sign off now.  Kar, we have been missing you around here.  Hope all is well..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks guys, I've been thinking of you.  Suddenly, it seems that I'm really up against it for getting things done.  Tons of blanching and freezing of veggies, I had an appointment this morning at 11 that was a hour and half drive that I lost something I needed for and tore the house apart this morning to find...and didn't.  Now, the house is a MESS, and I'm struggling to put it all back together, organizing, tossing, and breaking down boxes for recycling as I go.  The tomatoes needed to be frozen today, and I managed to get them trimmed and in the freezer.  I cooked eggplant yesterday that was supposed to become dip (baba ganoush, DH's favorite) today and hasn't yet.

And, I still haven't caught up since Irene (I've been in a constant whirlwind of chores since then it seems) and feel bad posting without knowing what's going on with everyone.

DH will be home tomorrow, and I have a doctor's appointment and errands to run while he's "babysitting" Gracie.  So, I won't be online much tomorrow, either.  Maybe Saturday will give me a respite, a good chance to catch up and get back in the swing of life here.  

Miss you all!

~kar

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Tore boxes apart?  It sounds as tho you had packed things in boxes because of Irene?  Did you have damage?  I don't think you have been on this board since then to tell us - if you did, I missed it.  Hope everything was OK and that your husband was there with you when it hit.  I can understand having to get the vegetables taken care of, probably a lot were knocked off by the winds.  Looking forward to a nice long post filling us in.  You know my imagination (the turkey threads!) it's running wild imagining what kind of damage you sustained.  Take care until then.

BTW, we haven't seen nor heard hide nor hair of Ache since the storm - is he there with you?  (wink, wink)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, goodness, sorry - no, we didn't have damage, I just pulled everything out of the closet looking for my lost item and found a bunch of old "junk" we don't need.  DH was here when it hit and the worst of it for us was a power outtage of a couple of hours.  My brother's family in CT still does not have power.

Ache isn't here, but if he were, would I confess?  EmbarassedWink

I'm still neck deep, but am procrastinating and thoroughly enjoying our hellos...but, must get back to it.  I only have 30 minutes until DH gets home, and while he wouldn't be upset to see the mess given how much is going on, he finds it unsettling.  He is very stressed at work these days, and I like to have home be a peaceful haven upon his return each night.