September 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: September 2013

Pingo, rest assured, it was an excellent suggestion!  I lovvvvvve ginger.

I have an ice cream maker, but you know what would happen if I were to make all these ice creams, don't you?  omgosh, I only have so much self control, lol.

Just finished blanching all the second picking of green beans we got this weekend.  They are drying a little before I put them in FoodSaver freezer bags; the machine claims to be able to handle moisture, and even has a drip tray, but it can't - water/juice gets s*cked up to the top of the bag and prevents a seal.  Looks like one more batch is ahead.

was about to walk gracie, but suddenly it's super dark and threatening...maybe I'll settle for a quick run to the compost pile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

OOH--GS Cookies---the coconut GS cookies--Samoas--- are my favorite. S&S now has a knock off of them. Tried them once- now trying to forget they have them there! 

Also saw a recipe on Pinterest for Samoa brownies--O>>>M>>>>G!!!!!!!!

Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good checkup, and even brought the sun out afterwards!  Had some lunch, went shopping, and came back in time for Dr. Phil and a brownie and tea.  Thinking potato pancakes with sour cream for supper, but that won't be for a while.  Never did get to the grocery store but I can get through one more day before getting a few things.

Saw your post, Novem, when I got home.  If you had read Amber's posts in their entirety before she went in overnight deleting and editing,  (too bad she didn't do that before hitting the "Add your post" button), you might think differently about how the escalation of the postings to the next level came about.  She had already used "mean girls", "big girl pants", and thrown out quite a few other slams, and I think User just clarified what was really going on and what had gone on in the past.  I'm grateful to her (she told Ache she was a "she") for stepping in to a thread where she had no investment and nothing to gain, particularly since I wasn't around.  No need to explain about not "taking sides" - this is a chat board, and everyone certainly has their own opinions.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to tulips1954's comment:

OOH--GS Cookies---the coconut GS cookies--Samoas--- are my favorite. S&S now has a knock off of them. Tried them once- now trying to forget they have them there! 

Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love. 

Keebler bought the GS baker and is now ripping us off by issuing the cookies in the grocery store. Remember when you buy them from a girl you support Girl Scouts - the girl, her troop, the local council and GSUSA all get part of the $$.  When you buy them in the store, you support a multinational corporation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

November, Winter and Hats (anyone else?), I am taking notes. Such nice suggestions.
    I have made our own ice cream for a very long time, b/c I can control the fat and the sugar. I only use milk and half-n-half and I cut the sugar in half. But I do have a few tricks to make it as creamy tasting, so you think it is all made with cream.
    I do have an ice cream maker. Actually I have 3. A Warring - my first. I did love it, but it used salt and ice and rusted out at the bottom. A Donvier, which the kids used hand cranking - LOL. But now my favorite is my Kitchen Aid, I highly recommend it to anyone, who is an ice cream lover. It is so much fun to make your own preferences.
    This will probably make most of you sick to your stomachs. But both our boys love licorice in any form. I am sure, I am to blame.  So they once dared me to make licorice ice cream. 
    I did it, and it was just awesome.
    Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Indeed, Nov, that section of the thread was edited, and as we know, anytime things are edited after the fact, the responses to the original posts don't make much sense.

I got a Cuisinart ice cream maker for my 40th birthday and love it, too.  I remember my grandparents having a hand crank one; it was exhausting, but, then, again, I was very little.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:

In response to tulips1954's comment:

[QUOTE]

December Hats, Do I really have to wait that long???  I like so many of them!!  When I was a GS leader the girls came to my house to pick up their cookies, and since they were only 50 cents a box (eons ago) I bought quite a few of them for me.  One of my new favorites are the lemon ones....ss

Keebler bought the GS baker and is now ripping us off by issuing the cookies in the grocery store. Remember when you buy them from a girl you support Girl Scouts - the girl, her troop, the local council and GSUSA all get part of the $$.  When you buy them in the store, you support a multinational corporation.

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Sadly, December will be here before we know it.  This year is 17/24 over!  Cookies are less than 3 months away.  GS leaders all over Eastern Mass are gritting their teeth. 

We actually have Fall Product - nuts and candy - going on right now.  Not every area sells them but I love them, they make fabulous Thanksgiving and Christmas gifts.  Dark chocolate penguins, Peanut butter bears, caramel.chocolate..somethings...chocolate covered raisins and almonds - to die for.  If you know a GS ask her!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

How about Coffee ice cream w/ snikerdoodles? Will give it a try some day.

In response to Novembride's comment:

If we are now putting cookies into ice cream, can someone please make some with the snickerdoodles?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter did that once, but it was too sweet for the tasters. Need to tweak it the next time.

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

I'd like mint ice cream with oreos please. :)

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

Good checkup, and even brought the sun out afterwards!  Had some lunch, went shopping, and came back in time for Dr. Phil and a brownie and tea.  Thinking potato pancakes with sour cream for supper, but that won't be for a while.  Never did get to the grocery store but I can get through one more day before getting a few things.

Saw your post, Novem, when I got home.  If you had read Amber's posts in their entirety before she went in overnight deleting and editing,  (too bad she didn't do that before hitting the "Add your post" button), you might think differently about how the escalation of the postings to the next level came about.  She had already used "mean girls", "big girl pants", and thrown out quite a few other slams, and I think User just clarified what was really going on and what had gone on in the past.  I'm grateful to her (she told Ache she was a "she") for stepping in to a thread where she had no investment and nothing to gain, particularly since I wasn't around.  No need to explain about not "taking sides" - this is a chat board, and everyone certainly has their own opinions.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

trumpet:

The two things that seemed to bother you most about ambergirl the other day - her use of the word "gay" and her mentioning GT - dont happen unless user_1797616 swoops in

So intentionally or not, your Knight In Shining Armor absolutely escalated the situation and handled it very badly

It's one thing if kargiver or pingo had said to ambergirl what "user" did. At least then she (amber) would know who was onfronting her. But when it's from an anonymous person like user_1797616, who drops in out of nowhere and knows way too much "inside baseball" to be just a lurker IMO, naturally ambergirl became suspicious and reacted the way she did - angry, agitated, upset

She overreacted a bit in my opinion, but I dont blame her for getting mad. I would have too

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good Morning everyone!  I can actually post - I haven't been able to.

Things are going well here, feeling a tad better.  Going away this weekend to a family party.  I am so looking forward to it.  I have such a small family so it's nice to be able to get together.

Pingo - that's quite a move you're contemplating, however, I would love to move to Texas some day.  I love it there!  It would be nice to be able to be closer to your new grandchild too!  I know there is so much to think about, get in place, etc. fo a move like that, but it does sound exciting.

TT - glad your check up went well! 

As for the "drama" on here, I just ignore it.  I love coming here to chat and read your updates because it makes me happy, so I am going to breeze by any negative posts!

Have a great day anyone!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Just use that ignore button, PC!  You are up and on early!  I woke up from a dream that I was sleeping outside in a snowstorm.  Everything was warm except for my feet.  Got up and put socks on but I still could not go back to sleep...cold night!  High today predicted to be 64 - hmm - long pants?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Prin, so good to see your post and know you are feeling better, yay!  What kind of family gathering?  How is work?

Hats, no question for me - pants, brrrrrrr!  We had frost on the roof this morning but not on the grass.  DH predicts that the lawns at the bottom of our hill are white.  

I surprised DH with a lobster dinner last night - he didn't know until he actually saw them on the table!  Can't believe he didn't smell it when he came home, lol.  Had steamed green beans from the garden and kettle potato chips, he had BBQ, I had salt and pepper.  The tamale on those s&p chips was like chips and decadent "sea dip."  Then, he had a ramekin apple crisp I'd made the day before with our apples that are finally ripening.  He's been picking them for 2 weeks, but they just weren't ready, lol.

ETA: 1.6 lbers for $6/lb - couldn't drive by that deal on the way home from TJ's.  and, I discovered that what I thought was just a fish market is really a fabulous butchery, too.  I had given up on finding one out here long ago...well, it's 30 minutes away, but doable for the quality and on the direct route home from my Monday morning Worcester routine.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Princess, so good to see your post.  Glad you are feeling better.

My house is so darn cold.  Gawd, I hate this time of year - indoors!  Once the sun gets up a bit more and I can trap it in through some of the windows, it will be better, but I'm putting off jumping into the shower as long as I can.  Made blueberry pancakes a few minutes ago, nice big fat ones.  yum yum, what a delicious way to start off my day.

Heading out at my usual time, now that I'm on a Christmas roll.  Don't want any of those special little treats hiding on the backs of the shelves escaping my eagle eye!

What a nice treat for supper, Kargiver.  Do you know, I haven't had one lobster this season.  I don't like boiling them any more, and just haven't been anywhere to order one.  I guess my usual place is up to Bosn's Landing in Kittery, and I haven't gotten up there for a while.

Had an email waiting from C.L.  She hasn't seen little Miss Fluff for a couple of days.  That's unusual, because usually she shows up there nightly for the warm cat milk she fixes for her.  I kept the outside light on last night and kept checking, but no signs of either of them here.

Well, I've got to brave this cold, and I do mean cold, and get around.  Maybe I have time for one more HOT cup of coffee, I'll check, but then I'm out, maybe for most of the day, we'll see how the shopping goes.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Kar, your lobster dinner sounds fantastic. Pingo, next time you need an ice cream taster give me a ring, I'll be more then happy to offer my assistance. PC, glad you are feeling better and hope you have a lovely weekend celebration.

tt, you were in my dream last night. I was sitting in a kitchen with a round table having whoopie pies and gingerbread men. All I could see of you were your hands. I knew it was you because Cheerio was there sitting next to me on an ironing board. Your treats were delicious, thanks for the company!

- Darth Vadar

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Warm cat milk - that phrase conjures up some wierd images.  How do you milk a cat?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning everyone. Kar, your lobster dinner sounds fantastic. Pingo, next time you need an ice cream taster give me a ring, I'll be more then happy to offer my assistance. PC, glad you are feeling better and hope you have a lovely weekend celebration.

tt, you were in my dream last night. I was sitting in a kitchen with a round table having whoopie pies and gingerbread men. All I could see of you were your hands. I knew it was you because Cheerio was there sitting next to me on an ironing board. Your treats were delicious, thanks for the company!

- Darth Vadar

OMG!  Winter, how funny is that.  You had all the props too, except now since my new ironing board cover, I open and then close the ironing board after each use.  She is beside herself, because laying on top of that in the sun that comes in that window, was one of her favorite spots.  Didn't like the idea of ironing my clothes on top of where the oils from her fur had been - tho Gawd knows, I did it for years!  You're welcome for the company, thank you for the thoughts!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats's comment:

Warm cat milk - that phrase conjures up some wierd images.  How do you milk a cat?

She told me she buys it in a container at the supermarket.  Even started to tell me where it was and describe the container.  I told her to stop right there, there was no way I was about to buy "cat milk" for any cat.  Guess it is a special mixture that is made for kittens who have lost their mom.  I'd never heard of it either.  Wouldn't imagine it would be a big seller except to vets or shelters or breeders, maybe.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I couldn't believe it. Of course I woke up wanting a whoopie pie...lol.

I find your lack of faith disturbing - Darth Vadar

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I couldn't believe it. Of course I woke up wanting a whoopie pie...lol.

I find your lack of faith disturbing - Darth Vadar

All gone - - -

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

That's beacuse I had one last night. :) 

- Darth Vadar

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:

Sadly, December will be here before we know it.  This year is 17/24 over!  Cookies are less than 3 months away.  GS leaders all over Eastern Mass are gritting their teeth. 

We actually have Fall Product - nuts and candy - going on right now.  Not every area sells them but I love them, they make fabulous Thanksgiving and Christmas gifts.  Dark chocolate penguins, Peanut butter bears, caramel.chocolate..somethings...chocolate covered raisins and almonds - to die for.  If you know a GS ask her!

I usually find the GS at my supermarket, will surely ask around.  Those items would make super gifts.  We used to sell calendars then too.  I was a Junior GS Leader for 12 yrs and my oldest daughter became Brownie leader.  Was also a councillor a GS camp for 8 weeks every summer, I taught arts and crafts then. ss

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, you better start locking the fridge at night - that's two of us who have sleep walked over for your yummy treats!

Thanks, ladies - it really was good and fun. tt, that was the first lobster we've had this year, too.  I'm not a fan at all of cooking them, either.

Pingo, meant to mention that I snipped the rubber bands off before cooking this time because of your advice, thanks.  I also added a couple of bay leaves, but not sure they did much.  

Christmas shopping, my goodness, it is that time of year, again.  I wonder if DH would let me give away any of the peach jam.  Actually, I already sneaked a jar to the UPS guy, a friend, now, for all the visits he makes.  

Indeed, it's a Fallish day for sure - bright sun here after our light frost.  Got warm with coffee here, too.  Pretty soon we'll be lighting the wood stove at night.