September 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: September 2013

Kitchen has been cleaned, dishwasher is on, l.r. given a mop up, and the windows and doors are once again open.  Going to hold fast to my resolution tho, to stay in today, no running around.  Still many things that need doing in here.

See there are two restaurants opened at the new Lynnfield market place - have you gone to either, Pingo?  One, would interest you, Kargiver, the Stock Yard, understand besides good food, they have a huge selection of unique beers, creatively displayed.  When you have time, google it for a description and pics.  Someone was telling me there's a candy store open now also, old fashioned candies that you pick yourself - easy to go wild.  The person who was telling me, got carried away with "Oh, I remember these,".

Well, in honor of National Cheeseburger day, the closest I can come is another of those roast beef sandwiches.  Think I'll add a few more items, lettuce, tomato, thinly sliced cukes, to the cheese and beef.  I know there are a few Michelobs still in the back of the fridge too, and one little bag of chips in the cupboard - sounds like a good lunch to me.  This afternoon I'll get started on the cabbage soup with ONE of the many onions in the bag I bought yeseterday!  If you were closer, Hats, I'd leave a bag of them on your doorstep!

ETA:  CORRECTION:  IT'S THE YARD HOUSE, NOT STOCKYARD RESTAURANT THAT'S OPENED IN LYNNFIELD.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Omgosh, tt, that place looks fabulous!!  I see it was featured on The Phantom Gourmet...the steak on the first frame of that video is making my mouth water.  I still haven't gone out to get ours, but I can only hope it ends up looking at least 1/2 that good.

I like your interpretation of Natnl Cheeseburger Day!  It's far closer than our Beef Day here in the kargiver household. ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

No worries Pingo I know what you meant. I understand about having people try new food and DS is pretty good about it. There is stuff I wouldn't eat or try just by the look or the smell of it. DS likes brocolli but not aspargus or brussel sprouts. He doesn't like raw onions but he'll eat them cooked in a sauce, etc.tt, restaurant looks nice, may have to check it out.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

We tried to go to StockYard last week.  Called ahead, arrived an hour later an were still hold there was a 1-2 hour wait, so we begged it.  Will try again later when the excitement has died down.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Wait - wait - wait - It's THE YARD HOUSE that's in Lynnfield - the new marketplace. 
    Sorry, wrong name before.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ohhh, I wondered because the location I noticed was Allston.  Figured I just didn't see all the others!

Ah, that looks great, too, tt - the beer menu, indeed, is spectacular.  They brew a lot of their own...I'd get the honey ale...or a sampler.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I was just going to chime in, tt - you must mean the Yard House. We haven't gone there yet, but are excited about it. We went to the one in Long Beach, CA - all the time, when DS lived there. The food is great. At Long Beach, they had Happy Hour, where you could get 2 for one appetizers. With the three of us going there, 4 apps were plenty. And like you said, they have beer galore. I am not a beer drinker, so I just went there for the food. It was really, really good. Hope I can say the same about the Lynnfield Yard House.
    The other restaurant is Davio's, which I believe is a high end restaurant. They have one in Boston, we have never gone to. If any of you have, please let us know here, how it is. It is big bucks to spend, so I don't want to go there w/o any recommendations.
    I have been to the new Whole Foods. It is great - expensive, but great. Several other stores keep opening. I am slightly disappointed. One of my favorite stores, Sur La  Table, was supposed to open there - but instead we got William Sonoma. Not that that is a bad store, but we have plenty of them around here. Other stores are opening up as well little by little. I am sure by the time the holidays come around, the Market Place will be up and running full speed.
    Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I've been to the Stockyard in Allston, it's very good.

- Darth Vadar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Getting together next month with gal pals from work and thinking of going to one or the other (Davio's or Yard House) for lunch.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That would be awesome, tt. Can't wait to hear your report.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Thanks for the memories.....those bean sandwiches were a favorite of my Dads, I kinda love em too....one of my favorite snacks is a bowl of baked beans with toasted and buttered bread.  ss 

When life hands you lemons, Make lemonade!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Baked beans on buttered white bread, toasted - yum!  But when my Mom ate it I didn't understand how good it was ...she never toasted either.  Also she always ate only one slice of bread; I try to do that often my self.  I also used to eat cold spaghetti sauce sandwiches; her meat sauce right out of the fridge on the buttered white bread.

I much prefer Sur La Table to WS as well Pingo - although WS linens, especially the provencal patterns they had the last few years, seem better.  We also will try the Yard House sometime....when the excitement dies down.

TT, you stayed home but I went shopping!  Was out for about 5 hours and gots lots of stuff done.  Also ran into a friend and had a long chat, and a small lunch.  Got a loaf of french bread to have with soup for dinner, so now it's back to work!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

The Yard House is in Dedham at Legacy Place and near Fenway.  It's pretty good, very large menu selection, and has an array of gluten free food, which is different for a "pub" type place.  The wait at the one in Dedham is ridiculous.   But we've been a few times and always been very happy with our meals.

Davios is also a good restaurant but more of a special occasion place.  We went there for our anniversary one year.  It was pricey but delicious.  I bet their lunch menu is more reasonable.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My soup is simmering away and smells good.  Just threw in a large can of plum tomatoes.  Found a Betty Crocker baking powder biscuit and will give those a try tonight - and tomorrow for breakfast (that's the best part).

Was this Christmas shopping you did, Hats, or regular run of the mill, need this, sort of thing?  Nice to run into a friend.  Did you share lunch with her ?

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be headed out soon. Have to get some homework done while DS is at soccer practice, then I have the chat tonight from 10-11. Have to finialize my logo as well, it's due Saturday.

- Darth Vadar

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Yes, I meant the Yard House at Market Street.  Been to StockYard too though.  LOL.  Mutli-tasking isn't working out for me today.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to rama8677's comment:

The Yard House is in Dedham at Legacy Place and near Fenway.  It's pretty good, very large menu selection, and has an array of gluten free food, which is different for a "pub" type place.  The wait at the one in Dedham is ridiculous.   But we've been a few times and always been very happy with our meals.

Davios is also a good restaurant but more of a special occasion place.  We went there for our anniversary one year.  It was pricey but delicious.  I bet their lunch menu is more reasonable.

I think my friend who suggested the two places, is leaning towards Davio's.  We're mainly salad eaters, so it shouldn't be too bad price-wise, and she likes Chardonnay with her meal.  We'll see.  I'll certainly go along with wherever they choose.  Lots of times we go to Legal Seafood because they know I  like it there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

They are constructing what I believe is a Legal spin-off there.  Legal kitchen or Legal bar, something like that.  Only peeked.  I'm sure Market Street has a website with all the info.  The candy store (Sugar) sure was something to see!!  Didn't dare go in...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Not Christmas shopping TT, but presents for many different occasions - new fall jeans and a sweater for me to wear to work - new hangers - new art supplies... hadn't had time to grocery shop and was out of butter eggs milk etc...presents for different people...a trip to the dollar store for cheap stuff such as body wash - if you know your brands, you can get good stuff really cheaply there - did find two adorable candles in little 2 ounce mason jars which I put in the XMAS present bag.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Novembride's comment:

They are constructing what I believe is a Legal spin-off there.  Legal kitchen or Legal bar, something like that.  Only peeked.  I'm sure Market Street has a website with all the info.  The candy store (Sugar) sure was something to see!!  Didn't dare go in...

Yes, I've been on their website quite a few times, checking out the menus etc.  Person who told me about "Sugar", spent $60 !  She was laughing about it, so I guess they're a family of candy lovers.  If I go out in my own car, I'll surely check that place out, even thinking ahead to my GD's Halloween treat bags.  I have a humungous bag of candy I bought at Costco, not realizing when I bought it just how much was really in it.  Have brought gift  bags of it different places I have gone, but still have half that bag left here, and half of that again in in a penny candy jar I keep on the counter! Too bad that wasn't Halloween fare, but I wouldn't dare put hard candies in the kids' bags.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I like the sound of those mason jar candles, Hats.  My DILs all love candles of any shape/form.  I was thinking of hitting a few stores tomorrow and may put that store on my list.  Always come out of there with a bagful, having spent not much money.  Love it.  Sciatic is pinching me today, pushed around and moved some heavy articles yesterday.  Always does it.

Biscuits going in oven, so supper should be ready in about 15 minutes.  Being in, I've grazed all day with my delicious sandwich for lunch, and then a sliver of peach pie, mid afternoon a cannoli, a bottle of beer, and figured I might as well finish out the bottom crumbs of the bag of cheezits with it -  - Really could go without supper, but we all know there's no way that's going to happen!  Oh, several spoonfuls of the Brigham's coffee ice cream - I'll stop there -

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

There were but two of those, but they had cunning ones in the little apothecary jars that smelled really good!  (Jars like these; but really small - 2 oz.)

http://www.etsy.com/listing/154845454/chardonnay-eco-soy-candle-4oz-apothecary?utm_source=google&utm_medium=product_listing_promoted&utm_campaign=candles_low&gclid=CKTwiNOH1rkCFejm7AodNk0ADg

I think I will have to go back and get more....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

NIce productive day for you, Hats. Your finger must be a lot better. I couldn't do that must shopping in one day. My hat off to you.
    Re the Market Place. Legal C Bar is suppose to be just a bar. A huge bar. As I understand it, they will only serve appetizers.
    Davio's is expensive. I heard a salad is $10 - $12. Then if you want grilled chicken or shrimps on it - that is extra. I will stick w/ the Yard House. Hope it is a reasonable as the one in LA.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning, it's been nice catching up on your posts.

Actually, I am flying down to Philly Kar, so it won't be too bad.  This is actually a "Sweet 16" party I am going to for my cousins's daughter (a bit outside of Philly).  Let's just say that it's going to put those MTV Sweet 16s to shame.  We're talking, black tie, and an appearance by a very famous "teeny bopper" pop star, lol.  Should be interesting!

I really adore my cousins and with such a small family it means so much when we get together.  I am going down a day before the party so I can spend some extra time with them.  Looking forward to it.  Dr. advised against me going, but to be honest with you - I am so sick of the Drs. and their conflicting information that I am going to do what feels right to me!

Hope you all have a good day.  I will fill you in on the details of this extravaganza when I get back!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

PC I hope you make sure to pack some nourishing snacks for the plane - and pick up a drink once you are past security.  Remember that the airlines don't serve nourishing food any more, and it's important to stay hydrated!

I look forward to hearing about your party! 

It's going to be another beautiful day.  Fall makes me so happy.  My sugar maple has started turning already...