September 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: September 2013

For those of you relaxing at home - just found the The Birdcage on OWN.  Nathan Lane has just come in dressed as Robin Williams' wife - so funny.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, so it sounds like Dad came and went. Happy to hear you had a lovely time together.
    Just came back from running around doing errands. Had to go to Costco. For meds and we were out of TP. Imagine that - no TP. It is just, that I always have it, but of course with visitors and such, it went faster than I could spell TP.
    Your pork tenderloin, Kar, makes me well - crave pork tenderloin. So I picked up some from Costco. And we are going to have it tonight. It is called Mørbradgryde. Don't even try to pronounce it. It used to be one of my favorites, when I grew up. It has the pork tenderloin and bacon, shallots, mushrooms, cocktail sausages and the most wonderful sauce.  Very much like the one you did. It is usually served with mashed potatoes, but I am serving it tonight with a baguette to mop up all the delicious juice/sauce.
    Remember we discussed the Yard House a few days ago? According to the Lynnfield police blotter, they already had one brawl there last week. Hope it is not turning into another Bali Hai. We used to go to Bali Hai, when the kids were young. The food was good, but it turned into a place, where there was always a fight or two during the week. So we completely dropped it. They had the best shrimp toasts.
    Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I've put aside my cooked chicken and decided to make a lasagna for supper.  Had the last of the cannoli, so that will hold me for a while until I get it made and baked.

Your supper sounds elegant, Pingo.  I've never had half the things you and Kargiver cook.  Not to say I wouldn't like to try them, but would enjoy more being a guest being served them!  Sorry to hear about the Yard House brawl.  I think they try that at most new places opening up.  As long as they were shown it wouldn't be tolerated, hopefully they'll find some place else next time.

Have a good week-end, Winter.  You usually wish us all that and then scoot out before I ever have a chance to get on and wish you the same.  It's been a fast week.  Meant to get together with my cousin to celebrate her birthday, but will have to see if we can't get together next week.

Water is boiling, so in goes the lasagna.  Chat over the week-end if anyone's around.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks tt. Hope you have a nice weekend as well. tt, I'm with you I haven't eaten half the things they cook, I'd gladly come voer as a dinner guset. 

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Well, tt and Winter, they are really simple peasant dishes. Nothing elaborate. In Europe, they have a big hang for taste. You can make a lot of scrumptious dishes with very few ingredients. It all depends on how you put them together.
    In this country simplicity rules. You put some corn and a couple of steaks on the grill - and you have dinner. Or you pour some tomato sauce over pasta. Nothing wrong w/ that at all, if that is what your taste buds craves.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Your pork dinner sounds scrumptious, too, Pingo, as does lasagna, tt.  I think a good lasagna takes a special touch and lots of practice even though it may seem easy to "throw together" - I've made them, and they are never as good as someone's who makes them more often. And, a good one is as gourmet as any pork tenderloin imo.

I wish we could have a CC dinner party.  :)

I'm fortunate in that DH is happy to try new things and it has turned out that we like many of the same things.  It helps us especially because he cannot have pasta, sugar, etc.  I'd be in a quandary if he didn't like the alternatives.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I would enjoy a CC dinner, too.  Sharing descriptions in nearly as good though.  I have no idea what to have for dinner tonight and have nothing prepared.  Oh well, pizza maybe?  Cooler weather has me thinking I should search for some new crockpot recipes, recently heard about one with a turkey breast - and maybe pick up the fixings for a Yankee pot roast for next week?

Hope you all have a good weekend...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pizza is a good Friday night dinner - quick, easy, tasty, and no cleanup!  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, I don't think of Lasagna as an easy "throw together". Lots of preparations and lots of chopping, depending on, what you put in it. But I do love Lasagna for more than one reason though. It is tasty and it is a make ahead dish. You can spend all day "yesterday" cooking and still entertain guests the day of. And is is a great pot luck dinner to carry.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

So many posts to catch up on...I'm done

Icer

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good to hear from you, Icer, but don't stop there - tell us what's going on in your life?  How's being a grandma treating you?  How's your cake business?

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

OMG, Icer - such nice surprice to hear from you. Please tell us a bit of, what is going on in your life. How is Zach and how is Honey? Hugs to them both and of course to you as well.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Icer, a sweet surprise to hear from you - are you makin' and cakin'?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Icer, you're a tease - come on, fill us in on what's been going on in your life.  It know at least, that you've been really busy, but come on, give us a little more -

Hats, did you have your runway fashion show with your new clothes?  What was your husband's reaction.  it takes a bit to get used to stepping outside your usual clothes box.  I think we get so used to seeing ourselves in one certain style.  Me, it's those soft, warm comfortable sweats. 

Roofer is coming back to repaint the ceiling this morning, so I'm up and around early.  Think I'll make a batch of cranraisin scones.  He's had those before and likes them.  We got talking last time about ghostly appearances.  He lives in a house that's at least 200 years  old, and is complete with a little boy ghost, and heavy footsteps on the stairs.  I told him about my mother appearing to me 6 months or so after she died.  I was vacuuming and felt a hand on my shoulder, and turned around thinking it was one of my boys coming in - her apparition was standing in the doorway and she said, "I'm alright."  When I reached out to her - she was gone.  Neither one of us finds it scarey.

But, enough, time to shower and dress and warm the house up with a little baking.  

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Icer

Here I am...Being a Grandma is great...I watch Zachary every Wenesday...He talks a little..walks a little...runs a lot! I am exhausted when he leaves...His Mama is going to Culinary Arts school. So , on Wenesdays, I make dinner for all of us. I like it. She's such a good mother and my son, well lets just say I could not be more proud or happy. Zachary uses sign language too...he's is just brilliant.

At the moment, Honey is sick...he's been sick all week...stomach bug with a fever. I really do hope he shakes this soon...I am so used to having my partner in crime...its a little lonely w/o him

Cake business is o.k. ...my ServSafe classes hasve been keeping me busy, as well as I started to volunteer for our local Meals on Whels. Its a good match. I have a vehicle which allows me to deliver a lot of meals safely. I also know how to protect the client. For example, one of our clients broke her arm. So, she cant open the container of milk or water in the meal...so I bring single use plastic gloves to open her milk so that I don't contaminate it. Stuff like that. Yesterday I delivered 19 meals.

Shakersilly came over last Wenesday and gave me some figurines I collect...you know the ones that come in the tea bag pkg? So I got to see her an her DD...that was nice. Thats about it here....As I read through the posts I wasn't shocked to read of the unfortunate posts and deleting and what not the transpires here but it was needless to say disappointing.

Wow...I can't use th word...tea***

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Omgosh, I just was signing off on a detailed post when my browser crashed and it's gone!  Well, shoot.

Icer, fabulous to see you and get caught up with your goings on.  (Tea*** is slang for a sex act.)

Pingo, we had the same point re lasgana - takes just as much work as any fancier sounding dish.

I have to get a move on to be ready to deal with boatloads of apples before DH gets back with Gracie so can't repeat all, sorry! So frustrating...POOF!!

Have a great day, everyone!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    So happy to see your post, Icer. You were so missed. Always have a lot of chuckles to send our way. Too bad Honey is not doing well. Hopefully it will be over soon. I think it is just something going around. I had a bout w/ a running stomach, just last week,. Made me feel miserable, but it is over now.
    I am sure your little Zach is doing great. In case you haven't read, we are going to become grandparents in January. It is the most wonderful feeling. 10 years in waiting - thought it would never happen. But here she (yes, it is a girl) is on her way.
    Just mailed a t-shirt to my computer geek son with a caption that says: "Dad 2014 - loading". He will get a kick out of that. Of course, I didn't exclude DIL. One maternity t-shirt had little hands and feet. The other one had a cute face peeking out saying: "See you in January".
    And I didn't forget our UK son either. He got one that says: "Uncle to to be".
    Can you feel, I am excited?

- Eleanor Roosevelt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

OMG Pingo...Congratulations...I did read something about it...Is it the Texas Son and DIL? 10 years is a long time to wait

Such a shame we can't say anything about tea..what a world we live in>>>><<<<

Icer

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Soooo cute, Pingo - I've seen the one you got DIL in a catelog when I was shopping for trips' mom, but it didn't come in triple tummy size so it was a no-go, lol.  It would have been too tight at 5 months!  I'm sure they will get a lot of enjoyment and fun impromptu conversations for wearing them. :)

icer, yes, very sad, and I wish I didn't know what the slang is for.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Do we all watch The Real Housewives of New Jersey?  That's where I learned what it stood for - gross. 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I am totally at loss. Have no idea about tea***. Googling doesn't help.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You don't want to know, Pingo.  I only heard about it by accident watching that show when one of the wives told her mother she didn't want her using that term because it meant something totally different sexually, and then later said what it was.  Put it out of your mind.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, Pingo, do not google it.  Once you know you can't UNknow, sadly.  Like tt said, put it out of your mind.  I wish I could.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Whatever you do, don't go asking people, Pingo.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I had to change my avatar so I could share our moonflowers

Icer