September 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: September 2013

Thanks, that's what I got a 2013 new. Have a good night everyone. 

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Had a Subaru once and loved it to death but one of the dealers was absolute slime - I once had to take a friend (6'6" tall) to deal with them.  Later found out they had repaired my car using a piece of wood.  Had a bad experiences with a (very famous) Honda dealer too.  Now I have a Toyota dealer whom I love and I drive many miles just to go to because they have been great to us.  When they do screw up they fix it and reward us with free services, etc.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good evening,

again, sorry to have concerned you - I should have thought to get on for a min and say DH is home and I'd catch up later.

Well, I am so tired I can't do that yet; tomorrow, after things get back to normal.

Today we cleaned the ENTIRE attic, 5 years before I arrived, 5 years since.  Omgosh, what a JOB!!  I went to the dump twice today with carloads of broken down boxes and bags of packing trash (peanuts, bubble wrap, etc.)  Found a bag of clothes that fit, again, that I had designated give-away because they were too small (Yay!).  And, a bunch of stuff I had written off was found because it had been in my car that we sold to his neice - I had hurriedly cleaned it all out and stuck the garbage bag in the attick to sort "later," and never did.

I did note your new car experience, Winter - great job.  Have fun and enjoy the brand new Suburu! 

First order of business tomorrow will be to catch up and get back to regular cc life. :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning everyone,

Still haven't caught up on posts yets I hope to soon.  Had a fabulous weekend at the spectacular party in PA.  Then, DH had his surgery on Mon.  We think things went well, but we really won't know until it heals.  Luckily they only had to pull the nerves from one leg, but that is bad enough.  Poor thing has his arm and leg in a cast, trying to hobble on one crutch.  I stayed home with him yesterday, but I think he'll be okay today - hopefully. 

Have a great day everyone!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Oh Prin I hope your husband does well today and that he heals quickly!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Sorry to hear about your Dh limb troubles...You certainly have had more than your fair share.

Hats its funny how often we have the same hobbies and habits isn't it?

Pingo...Today is my Zachary day...and I am making Pingo's tomatoe bisque...If I can snap a picture I willl...I bet you'd get a kick out of it

Enjoy this beautiful day folks

Icer

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What an ordeal for DH, prin - hoping he gets along ok at home by himself (although, that's quite a feat for my DH even uninjured, lol) and that he heals quickly and completely.

Roasting a bowl of hazelnuts, cleaning the bathrooms, and Fall cleaning the master bedroom today.  DH is on a "clean top to bottom" rampage, lol!  The attic does look spectacular, an inspiration to clean all the closets and other stuff that usually gets relegated to "another day."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Prin, sorry your DH is hobbling around. Hope it heals properly and he retains full use of his hand. Icer, enjoy your Zachary day. Kar, you are inspiring me to hit the basement and go throw the boxes of my stuff that I moved in. I have lots of baby clothes that can be sorted through. If anyone would like to take a look, I'm getting a Subaru Crosstrek. 

- Darth Vadar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Princess, glad to hear your trip to PA went well with no adverse health effects.  I didn't realize your husband's surgery was going to involve removing nerves from his leg.  Was it all done on the same side?  How ever will he manage hobbling around to bathroom, kitchen, etc.?  The poor guy.  Sending thoughts of fast healing.

Kargiver, you and DH would love my attic!  It still sits with sheets draped over boxes from when they tore off the roof and replaced it last November!  What a mess up there.  you can only stand upright right in the center where it peaks, so I haven't attempted to do anything about cleaning it up.  Have laughingly shown sons its condition, hoping one would say, "I'll come over Sat morning and get that taken care of for you," but as with all of you, they're busy with their own goings on. 

Just let the furnace run through its cycle once, so jumping in the shower while the chill is still off the air.  Doctor's appt. later, regular check up, so won't be getting into anything too involved this morning.  Always so glad when I've gotten the grocery shopping done and out of the way on a Tuesday.

Hope you're able to get that picture of Zach, Icer.  I just got an invite from pumpkin to his second birthday party in another week.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning everyone,
    Tomato bisque, Icer? Made me smile. So happy you still are making it. It has been some time I made it last. Not growing tomatoes this year.

So sorry, Princess, to hear your DH has to go through still another surgery. These days there is a lot more to it than pain.  Just watched the news last night, where a family was hit with a $9000  bill after some medical treatment. I so hope your insurance will cover it all, and that your DH gets well and get full use of his hand.

I have two items, I hope you can help me with. I have misplaced the recipe for Winter's banana bread. Spend over an hour last night looking for it. Anyone of you would be kind enough to post it again? Also, have any of you made Italian Macaroons Cookies? You know, the ones that are covered w/ sliced almonds and have a very soft middle. DH loves them, but they are so expensive to buy. Thought I would try to make my own. I have several recipes, I could try, but the ingredients are fairly expensive - almond paste is one of them. Not sure if my doing them myself would be worth it.

DH  and I spend our coffee time this morning, watching a squirrel trying so hard to get inside our pool roof. Up and down, looking into the windows. We did find a large hole this Spring, which we naturally covered up. Winter is in the wings.
    Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, I don't have the recipe at work, but I'll see if I can search for it. 

- Darth Vadar

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Here you go. In was in the recipe section.

2 eggs

1 cup sugar
    1 1/3 cup flour 1 tsp. salt 1 tsp. baking soda 1/2 cup oil 2 - 3 bananas nuts, if desired   Beat eggs and sugar Stir in oil Add sifted dry ingredients and nuts and stir. Add mashed bananas and mix well. Bake in loaf pan in 350 oven for 50-60", testing after 50".

- Darth Vadar

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yup, our 5th anniversary is approaching, and some of those boxes were from wedding gifts!  I was dreading it when we started, but felt so great when it was done.

Prin, yes, so happy to hear you had a wonderful time and uneventful trip.

tt, I envy your having turned the heat on, brrrrr!  I got things warmed up here by roasting the hazelnuts first thing.  The bathroom, though, remains cold...still haven't showered, lol.

looking for that photo, Icer - I bet he's quite the cutie.

here's one of one of the apple trees we took care of on DH's vaca.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Missed a few posts messing with the photo...

Pingo, I haven't made macaroons, but I have had some that were homemade, and the difference between those and store bought is the same as everything else...worth it imo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh Kar, I'll be over for some apples, ok?

- Darth Vadar

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sure!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

Here you go. In was in the recipe section.

2 eggs

1 cup sugar
    1 1/3 cup flour 1 tsp. salt 1 tsp. baking soda 1/2 cup oil 2 - 3 bananas nuts, if desired   Beat eggs and sugar Stir in oil Add sifted dry ingredients and nuts and stir. Add mashed bananas and mix well. Bake in loaf pan in 350 oven for 50-60", testing after 50".

Winter, thanks for posting of Banana Bread....couldn't find my copy, too late to call tt, so I used another recipe...mistake....it won't go to waste, but I'm sure yours would have been better, now all I need are a couple over ripe bananas.  Thanks asgain.  Hope all are well, weather has been good so far....going to Foxwoods tomorrow on the bus, can't wait....love sitting in the bingo hall eating and chatting with all I haven''t seen since the last time I went. Nice seeing you again Icer.  Take care all and Keep Smiling ss

- Darth Vadar

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

ss, good luck at bingo, I went once for the first time and LOVED it!! I didn't win, but I was 1 number away three times. Enjoy the banana bread.

- Darth Vadar

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thank you so much, Winter, for the repeat posting. I did try to look it up at the recipe section. I will now remember to save it on my computer. I make muffins all the time for us, but this time I wanted to make a bread to take to a friend.
    Funny thing about bananas. They go bad so quickly. If I buy a decent size bunch - like 5 or 6, no one are interested in them, and they will be too ripe before eating them as is. If I just buy a couple, they will go fast , and I will hear, "We never have any banana in the house!" Can't win either way.
    Good luck at Foxwood, ss. We won the grand price ($2400) at Bingo at our Disney Cruise few yeaars ago. Never played it before, so it must be beginner's luck. When we were settling our account the last night, we got money back. Had a great time on the cruise, and they even "paid" us for it.
    5 years of wedding boxes is not bad, Kar. I have unopened shower gifts from our sons wedding. And that was 10 years ago. I keep threatening to give them all away to the Veterans. But I keep hearing, that DS will get a U-Haul, hitch it on UK sons jeep and drive everything to TX. Still waiting.
    Beautiful fall day out. Hope you all get to enjoy it.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Bananas turn dark fast in the fridge, but the banana itself stays perfect for quite awhile.  I let ours turn uniformly yellow then toss them in the fridge so they don't go bad, they only look bad.

10 years?  I'd have a yard sale, lol!  They obviously wouldn't miss a thing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Wishing your DH a speedy recovery, Prin.  Are they providing him with any kind of home care or home PT since it sounds like he isn't all that mobile?

Wow, tt, pumpkin is already two?  How did that happen? 

I've never made macaroons, but DH loves them, so if you find (an easy) recipe, Pingo, please share!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just got back from check up.  Everything is AOK.  Changed back into my work around the house clothes, cousin will be coming back here after lunch and poking tomorrow, so a few things to do.  Wanted a piece of the peach pie that is in fridge, but it is frozen solid.  Settled for some redskin peanuts and a hot cup of coffee.  Think I will cook up the haddock I bought yesterday, have some of the cole slaw left, and some frozen frfries.

Neighbor (C.L.) has said she would like to learn Spite and Malice, so hopefully next week we'll have a go at it.  I've a feeling it's too slow paced for her, but we'll see.

Wish BDC would fix whatever is wrong that keeps me from posting on the latest page.  This having to backtrack a page to post, keeps me from scanning up to last of the posts to see what else I want to reply to.

Oh, SS, I know I want to wish you good luck at Foxwoods.  You're due for a hit.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great news re your clean report, tt!  We just had haddock yesterday, funny.  

Hurrying to get the chores done...not sure what is for dinner.  Probably will involve a butternut squash...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm trying to talk myself into making a lemon bread before baking the fish - have the lemon anyway, and don't use all of it with the fish.  So lazy, am I, but I will get around and make one.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yum, lemon cake...you can do it!  I'm lacking ambition today, too, I think because yesterday was so intense.