Sunday Morning Two

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Sunday Morning Two

Good Morning Everyone

Think I am still in vacation mode - woke up this morning and thought it was Monday - could not understand why we were getting Globe North and the Metro section today. We had the kids here last night for pizza and to watch the wedding video - could be pepperoni overload.

Wonder if this snow will amount to anything.

So good to read all the messages and see the yummy recipes.

Happy Sunday!!

putt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Sunday Morning Two

Good Morning Putt
    MMM Pizza...Could use some of that this afternoon to watch the AZ Cardinals beat Phil. And 15 yr old grandson coming over to spend the night. We will probably take him to dinner and play Runescape too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Sunday Morning Two

Good morning Ken1935

Will be happy to cheer for the Cardinals but as pingo said it would be a lot better with the Pats. You are very lucky to be in AZ today - the snow is really coming down. It would be hard to get out for pizza. What is Runescape?

putt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sunday Morning Two

Hello putt, welcome back!
    - I am sure this Sunday's snow quickly got you out of your vacation mode. And I bet you are wondering no more. We have about 9 - 10 inches in our driveway. Glad my son is still here to help us out. We were supposed to get 3 - 4 inches. I like it better when the weather people are wrong the other way around.
    Have been cooking a pot roast since this morning. Something substantial for for the "boys" warming up their bones, when they get back in.
    I am also waiting for Ken to tell us what Runescape is. Stay warm and dry - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Sunday Morning Two

Hi pingo

You would not believe this - my husband is just now making the gravy for our pot roast dinner! I put it in the crockpot about 8:30 this morning. Mothermitzi said that's what she's having too. Must be the coziness of being inside and watching the snowfall that makes us want comfort food.

My son and his helpers were just here to shovel and plow us out. My hubby and I are so grateful we no longer need to worry about that.

I have watched movies all day today. Life is good!

So happy to hear from you. Enjoy your pot roast.

putt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sunday Morning Two

Good morning Ken and congrats! Your team did it. We didn't watch the game, but it must have been exciting to the last few minutes. Lets roote for them. Especially for your QB - he may not have another chance. But then again they are up against the Steelers ---- should be an exciting game. - Pingo

[Quote]Good Morning Putt
    MMM Pizza...Could use some of that this afternoon to watch the AZ Cardinals beat Phil. And 15 yr old grandson coming over to spend the night. We will probably take him to dinner and play Runescape too.[/Quote]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sunday Morning Two

Good morning putt,

I have done my pot roasts in my crockpot for years, but yesterday I did it in the oven in my dutch oven. It was the best ever. I used a recipe I found from Emeril. Both my husband and my son commented on how good it was. Sometimes it is a good idea to try new things.

If you you haven't watched the movie "Juno" - you may want to watch it. It is on the tv somewhere these days. We saw it in the theater and taped it so we can watch it again. It was excellent.

Snow again today - I am sick and tired of it all ready. Thanks God for our snowblower. That thing is amazing. We bought it rights after the Blizzard of '78 - and it is still going strong. It had it's quirks and we have thought of getting a new one many times, but this one is made like a tank. The newer once are not made like that any more. The only thing is, we wish it had an electric start. It is sometimes difficult to get it started, but when it goes - it really goes.

Well, stay warm and have a nice day - Pingo

[Quote]Hi pingo

You would not believe this - my husband is just now making the gravy for our pot roast dinner! I put it in the crockpot about 8:30 this morning. Mothermitzi said that's what she's having too. Must be the coziness of being inside and watching the snowfall that makes us want comfort food.

My son and his helpers were just here to shovel and plow us out. My hubby and I are so grateful we no longer need to worry about that.

I have watched movies all day today. Life is good!

So happy to hear from you. Enjoy your pot roast.

putt[/Quote]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Sunday Morning Two

OK I will tell you what Runescape is. an on-line adventure game.

http://www.runescape.com/l=0/a=0/

Now you tell me what snow is. Going up to 80 here.

and YEAH for the Cardinals. I watched all but the last quarter because i had to go to choir practice. Unbelievable., they were the underdogs for all 3 post season games. yet......and still the underdogs in the SB

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Sunday Morning Two

Hi pingo

I am so glad your pot roast was good - ours was terrible! Not sure what happened. The pot was on low all day but the meat was not done and the carrots were hard. Maybe I should have kept the temp on high. Anyway, guess it's time for me to make a change too.

You mentioned your son - is he still here from Japan?

Looking out the window this morning with the sun shining on the snow it is beautiful!

I spent most of yesterday on the Hallmark movie channel - will keep my eye out for Juno.

Enjoy the day

putt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Sunday Morning Two

Hi ken

Thanks for the info on runescape - will check into it - we are big into Freecell and Bejeweled

Yeah for the Cardinals!! The Globe had a great article on them this morning.

Snow is white, cold and dazzling in the sun. Last night I cleaned off the cars and it was like a wonderland. This morning the street is lined with snow blowers. Think it may be too light for a snowman but I'm sure the kids will give it a try.

Enjoy your warm weather.

putt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sunday Morning Two

Yes Ken, I agree - Unbelievable. The Pats killed them a few weeks ago 47 - 7, and still they are in the SB. Let's hope their luck stays with them - Pingo

[Quote]OK I will tell you what Runescape is. an on-line adventure game.

http://www.runescape.com/l=0/a=0/

Now you tell me what snow is. Going up to 80 here.

and YEAH for the Cardinals. I watched all but the last quarter because i had to go to choir practice. Unbelievable., they were the underdogs for all 3 post season games. yet......and still the underdogs in the SB[/Quote]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sunday Morning Two

Hello putt,
    Sorry about yout pot roast - something you had been looking forward all day.
    I did mine at a 300 degree oven for about 3 hours - then added all the veggies and then gave it another 1 - 1/2 hour. It was very tasty and tender.
    My youngest son went back to Japan - it is my oldest son, the married one - who is still here. He is our IT-guy at our office, and come on and off to fix, redo, overhaul our servers and such. He and his wife were here for Christmas and New Yeras and he just stayed on, while she went home. He will be leaving this Friday.
    My internet and cable was down all morning - probably due to all the snow. The guy who plows the streets always manage to completely cover up our cable box and our fire hydrant with the snow from a side street, abutting our lot. Sometimes 7 -8 feet high. I can do w/o the cable, but I am worried about the fire hydrant. This time the snow was fairly light, but the last few times it froze to ice - and there was no way they could have gotten to the hydrant in case of an emergency.
    Oh, well - I guess they only think of getting the streets clear. - Pingo

[Quote]

Hi pingo

I am so glad your pot roast was good - ours was terrible! Not sure what happened. The pot was on low all day but the meat was not done and the carrots were hard. Maybe I should have kept the temp on high. Anyway, guess it's time for me to make a change too.

You mentioned your son - is he still here from Japan?

Looking out the window this morning with the sun shining on the snow it is beautiful!

I spent most of yesterday on the Hallmark movie channel - will keep my eye out for Juno.

Enjoy the day

putt

[/Quote]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Sunday Morning Two

Hi Ken -

I'll root for your Cardinals. I'm just glad the Giants didn't win!

mothermitzi

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Sunday Morning Two

[Quote]Hi Ken -

I'll root for your Cardinals. I'm just glad the Giants didn't win!

mothermitzi[/Quote]

Me too MM, and espcially glad Miami did not make it since they knocked out the Pats by beating them during regular season play.