Shopping for Tweens

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from happiest1. Show happiest1's posts

Shopping for Tweens

My 12-year-old twin nieces are coming to my home near Natick Collection in two weeks for some back to school shopping. Their mom is pretty conservative, but I'd like to show them some fun styles that they could wear in their suburban CT middle school. Any ideas?
    Happiest1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsw978. Show rsw978's posts

Shopping for Tweens

I was just there today. Talbots kids is having a major going out of business sale. Sears has the Lands End line which has a "school uniform" look. (I wish all schools had uniforms truthfully.) I've had great luck at Macy's especially with a coupon and the Macy's credit card as well as Children's Place which has good bargains on their sales rack. I have a 2 year old boy and I"m trying to avoid that misfit-skater look which seems to dominate the boys racks as long as possible. Good Luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from onawhim. Show onawhim's posts

Shopping for Tweens

I'm a pretty conservative mom myself, but don't want my daughter to feel dowdy and unfashionable. We just found some cute clothes at American Eagle that were up to date, but not cheap looking. We layered a camisole, tunic tank top that is low cut in the front and then a cute sweater to go over it for the fall. The sales people were very friendly and helpful and the store was well lit and pleasant to shop in. I can't stand the way some of the other tween/teen shops are so dark you feel like you need a flashlight to get around and so loud you can't hear anyone ask you if you need help.

The other thing I liked about American Eagle is that their brand name wasn't printed all over the clothes. Good luck.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from happiest1. Show happiest1's posts

Shopping for Tweens

Thanks, onawhim. We will try American Eagle. As you said, I want them to feel fashionable, but not cheap! I'm sure it will take some work but this is my little back to school treat and I'm happy to work at it with them!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from happiest1. Show happiest1's posts

Shopping for Tweens

Thanks for the info on Talbot's Kids sale! I also have two 4-year-old grandkids and I'm going to check it out for them, too!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mn25. Show mn25's posts

Shopping for Tweens

How fun! With Natick mall near, you should have no problem shopping! Macy's, American Eagle, Gap, even Marshall's and TJ Maxx have lots of cute stuff. What a cool auntie you are!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from heynow98. Show heynow98's posts

Shopping for Tweens

Looking good in school and being popular is almost as important as grades, so take this responsibility seriously. I would suggest hitting a nightclub or 2 for some good ideas.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3c-sons. Show 3c-sons's posts

Shopping for Tweens

Have you thought about consignment?? I found some great buys at this amazing Consignment store in Marblehead's Old Town, Madam Hadem. They had great jeans and my daughter loves that they had some wear on them. According to my daughter they were originally $200 however we paid just $48. Just a thought! Good luck to you

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostontolincoln. Show bostontolincoln's posts

Shopping for Tweens

you may want to ask them what types of clothes or styles they like first ... at age 12, lots of kids already have an idea of what they like and what they don't. their ideas will probably help guide where you go. for example, my 10 year old likes very girly stuff - limited too is her place.

ps- i doubt you'd want your 12 year old neices wearing anything that anyone at a nightclub is wearing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3c-sons. Show 3c-sons's posts

Shopping for Tweens

Have you considered consignment?? My daughter and I went shopping one day in Marblehead's Old Towne, we came across this adorable consignment boutique shop called Madam Had'em. My daughter found a few pairs of Rock & Republic jeans hardly worn for a fraction of what they would have been in a dept. store. She bought some great tops too with the tags still on them. Half the fun was searching through the racks! We had a great shopping experience which is isn't always easy