Boston-area grocery stores that double coupons?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jp07. Show jp07's posts

Does anyone know of any groceries that will double coupons? I usually shop Roche Bros. or Stop & Shop but as far as I know neither of them does. I'd even be willing to travel to the suburbs to save on groceries these days!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hello jp,
    I cannot answer you question exactly, b/c I really do not know which stores double the coupons.
    However, if you want to save money - stop shopping at Stop and Shop and at Roche exclusively - the are the most expensive grocery stores.
    Market Basket and Shaws have the exact same items as above named stores for a lot less money. F.ex. the bread we like is 70 cents less at MB than S&S.
    Also all stores place there flyers on the net every Friday morning. So, take a look there before you go shopping.
    By switching stores and buying items on sale, you will save a lot more than having your coupons doubled. As always, just my two cents - Pingo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

It must depend on where you live. Fenway Fudge is $1 more at Shaw's than Stop and Shop in Newton. Which is just ridiculous, because it's already too expensive. Everything else at that Shaw's is pretty expensive, too.

JP - If it helps at all, S&S will give you 5 cents off for each bag you bring. I know it's not much, but it's something.

Trader Joe's also tends to be cheaper, and everytime you bring your own bag, they enter you in a drawing where you can win $25 in free groceries.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hi lucy,
    Well, it certainly lagree with you, it depends on where you live and shop. I have been using the fabric bags for a couple of years now. I started to use them - because I was tired of all those plastic bags. The packers seem to put just one item in each bag and I would come home with over a dozen of them. My S & S does not give 5 cents back on the bags I bring in - maybe it is because it says "Shaws" on them. LOL
    Also, our Shaw's here (Saugus) is a lot cheaper than S & S in Reading. And then we have a MB right behind our S & S - which is lots lots cheaper than the other two. But unfortunately I don't like to shop at MB. I buy my staples there - like boxed cerials, bread, and anything in a glass or can. One cannot beat their prices, but their produce, meat and fish is far below, what I like. I also found that the Shaw's in Burlington is a lot cheaper than the one in Saugus - but spending gas to go there is not a wise decision.
    S & S have the best produce. It is a bit more expensive, but it is fresher and it last longer in my refrigerator. My local Shaw's has the best fish - maybe b/c of the guy who attend it. I can get any cut I want and I have never been disappointed. Go to S & S - and the fish looks dead. So does the attendant - no enthusiasm here.
    Meat is iffy everywhere, but fortunately we are not big meat eaters. I usually buy my meat in large cuts at Costco, and devide it in smaller portions at home. Our Costco has great meat.
    So again, it all depends on where you shop. It takes time for me to shop. But I look at the store flyers on the net every Friday morning - and then go from there. I don't buy everything at one place. I usually go to one or two places one week and stock up. Then other places the next week. My pantry and freezer are always full. It does take planning, but I save a bundle that way.
    I use coupons whenever I can, but only if it is something I really need. And I never go for the ones, where you have to buy 3 or more of a kind, if it is someting I rarely use. - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctowngirl. Show ctowngirl's posts

Johnnie's Foodmaster in Charlestown and other locations (not sure) offers double on all coupons up to $.99 and also gives you 5 cents for every bag you bring in to carry your groceries out. And they also honor competitor's coupons.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobc33. Show bobc33's posts

What the heck is going on with Hooter's game on post?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slickdog. Show slickdog's posts

Maybe Roche Bros does double coupons?
    http://shop.rochebros.com/faq.aspx#86

I tend to shop at Market Basket for the cheaper prices as well. The parking lot is a crowded mess but I like the lower prices.