Ideas for a 40th birthday party location

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from somervillegirl. Show somervillegirl's posts

Ideas for a 40th birthday party location

Hi All!  any suggestions for a location in the Cambridge/Somerviile area for a 40th b-day party for a gentleman.  It will be in the month of December.
    There will be about 50 people attending.  i am open to any suggestions, and am willing to think outside the box.  There are a few things that are necessary in considering a location.  We are not searving dinner, but will have passed appetizers, so it needs to be 1. inexpensive  2.  decent food, or ability to bring in catered food  3. good music if at a restaurant 
    Thoughts, suggestions?  Thanks in advance for your help!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Re: Ideas for a 40th birthday party location

what about the Mt. Vernon?  their John Henry room fits about 50 people comfortably...food is good...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bishky. Show Bishky's posts

This is a great question for the folks who frequent the wedding categories.  Try posting under Venues.  Good luck! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

I just looked for something similar for my husband's 50th.  I couldn't find anything that was within my budget.

Do you  know anyone who lives in a condo complex that has a community room that can be rented.  That is really the perfect solution. 

Otherwise, you would have to find a function hall that has a small-ish room (i.e. VFW). 

Sorry I don't have any brilliant solutions.  It was pretty discouraging.  Hopefully someone else can chime in. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnJankun. Show JohnJankun's posts

BALI HAI - LYNNFIELD, MA