What are your favorite local doughnut shops?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from just-a-reader. Show just-a-reader's posts

Re: What are your favorite local doughnut shops?

Linda's Donuts, Belmont St., Belmont.  The kids love the Boston cream, I like the honey-jelly, but they're all amazing.  Good breakfast, too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from otterpotter. Show otterpotter's posts

I second the Olin's in Belmont posting.  Donuts the way donuts should be- fluffy inside, a bit crispy outside.  It is a tough choice between them and Japonaise bakery in Brookline, which look like giant munchkins.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LLambert53. Show LLambert53's posts

In Response to What are your favorite local doughnut shops?:
    [QUOTE]Sure, Boston is Dunkin Donuts domain. But when you want a really good doughnut, where do you turn? What mom-and-pop bakeries are serving up Boston's best unheralded sweets? Tell us your picks!
    Posted by BostonDotCom[/QUOTE]

Verna's on Mass Ave in North Cambridge. Hands down best in the Boston area. Everything is good but the honey dips are their signature. I take them to work by the dozens when I can.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rshdiva. Show rshdiva's posts

In Response to Re: What are your favorite local doughnut shops?:
    [QUOTE]Market Basket!!  I am no donut affecionado but I am certain that they have they best donuts I have ever eaten. A friend turned me on to Market Baseket for their donuts and he too is not someone who ever eats donuts so I knew they had to be worth checking out. Its a well kept secret but still have to get there early-ish for the best selection. I am a huge fan of the standard Jelly, Apple cider, and french creme (filling tastes like a good, lite canolie).  The Jelly tastes like fresh fried dough filled with quality jelly.  These are in a totally different class than DD or Honeydew. Super fresh and good quality.
    Posted by WellDoneGary[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-1. Show Mike-1's posts

Hands down the best donuts are from Back Door Donuts in Oak Bluffs.  There's nothing better than having a great meal at a place like Jimmy Seas and then walking across the street for a piping hot donut.  Their apple fritters and coffee rolls are off the charts good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwinawards. Show darwinawards's posts

Donna's Donuts in Tewksbury...absolutely amazing.

Dunkin Donuts should not be allowed to use the word "donut" in its name because those tiny round, unfresh things they serve are not donuts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chas978. Show Chas978's posts

Kanes are great, but for the world's best plain donut it's Ziggy's in Salem.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

The tastiest plain donut I've ever had came from Market Basket. For all other flavors my hands down favorite is Heavn'ly Donuts..although their donuts are big..and filling. I haven't been able to finish a chocolate cruller yet..( their chocolate croissants are my favorite)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sally86. Show Sally86's posts

Kane's in Saugus - no competition.
    Vera's in North Cambridge a strong second.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambone1. Show hambone1's posts

Doughnuts?  They define poverty and poor nutrition.

Doughnuts are utter crap and are best left as a very rarely eaten item. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JillQ. Show JillQ's posts

Linda's Doughnuts in Belmont - you will never eat a doughnut anywhere else again!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kingcbo. Show kingcbo's posts

Linda's donuts in Belmont, Amazing choice of flavors and delicious! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from everett75. Show everett75's posts

Betty Annes East Boston Doughnuts made from a coal oven. No one can compare.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHBill603. Show NHBill603's posts

Sadly to make a great donut you must fry in trans fat.
    Most Mom & Pops still do.
    DD stopped and their donuts suffered greatly.
    Heavenl'y Donuts (Haverhill) in all thier fried, nutmeg-y goodness is worth the heart clog.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vi. Show vi's posts

HANDS DOWN, Nicky D's in Northboro, Tony's in Portland ME if you're up there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WTF2000. Show WTF2000's posts

Colonial Donuts, Downtown Taunton MA-OMG-they're so delicious-but 1 donut every few months is the most I will do.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harma24. Show harma24's posts

Kane's is probably the best, but Donna's Donuts in Tewksbury is an awfully close second in my book.  However, Donna's has the advantage of being located along my commute, whereas Kane's does not!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlissa82. Show mlissa82's posts

Verna's in North Cambridge. Soo good. And so fresh!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Subtleyetloud. Show Subtleyetloud's posts

In Response to What are your favorite local doughnut shops?:
    [QUOTE]Sure, Boston is Dunkin Donuts domain. But when you want a really good doughnut, where do you turn? What mom-and-pop bakeries are serving up Boston's best unheralded sweets? Tell us your picks!
    Posted by BostonDotCom[/QUOTE]

Im not much of a doughnut person but my BF loves the doughnuts at Sullivan & Wellington stations on the orange line. they make him very happy. sometimes he makes a special trip and says "that's a good doughnut, babe!" and grins. I've never seen anybody so happy about a doughnut. the fact that they serve sinckerdoodle flavored coffee is also a plus. These are two of his favorite things. The only thing that would make it better, is if they sold chicken wings. Thankfully, they dont.

I like the bengets at Gaslight in the south end myself.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ackluv. Show ackluv's posts

A Downey Flake donut on Nantucket....only 3 kinds (plain, sugar/cinnamon coated-lightly, and plain choc covered).  Always warm, soft and hits the spot.  The Best!!  I'll give a shout out to this donut shop on 109 in Medfield...excellent jelly donut!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaly2k. Show jaly2k's posts

Betty Ann Food Shop on Bennington Street in East Boston. The best jelly and lemon donuts as well as scones and danish and the price is right! They are always hot and fresh. Patricia is so nice too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheKid28. Show TheKid28's posts

DONUT KING in the Q!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from my2centsalso. Show my2centsalso's posts

Kane's Doughnuts in Saugus is THE BEST !!!!!

The honeydips and the plain jimmy doughnuts compare to no other.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CBreezemaine. Show CBreezemaine's posts

Congdon's Donuts in Wells, ME are the best "Old Fashion" tasting donut I have ever had.

Dunkins used to be good when they baked them at the individual shops years ago, but now that they are mass distributed from central warehouses, they are bland and tasteless.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jacoby-Ellsbury. Show Jacoby-Ellsbury's posts

Put me down for Betty-Ann's in East Boston.  Those cruellers are AWESOME!!  hot out of the oven.  The Jelly's are fantastic as well.  I may have to go there this weekend.