What are your favorite local doughnut shops?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from weenote. Show weenote's posts

Re: What are your favorite local doughnut shops?

Could you possibly run this story any more?  Front page?!!?!??!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrWyMi. Show BrWyMi's posts

I wish Boston.com would come up with some new pieces now and then, instead of just constantly recycling these 'best of' lists....pizza, roof decks, clam shacks, etc, etc....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from caladrio. Show caladrio's posts

I think the spirit of the piece was to focus attention on LOCAL -- i.e., independent, non-chain -- business.  I like Panera's stuff too but, as a big chain, they're ultimately part of the problem.  Every one of these chain stores represents a hundred local business squeezed out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrWyMi. Show BrWyMi's posts

Is this article on a bi-monthly auto reapeat cycle or something?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bette. Show bette's posts

In Response to Re: What are your favorite local doughnut shops?:
    [QUOTE]My best are Demets, Kane's and Donnas - but their donuts and not the burger thing.  Also, they gave a poor description of Donuts With a Difference, so why are they included on the list?  and surprised clear flour didn't get a nod for their beloved baked donuts.
    Posted by PastryRob[/QUOTE]

Donuts with a Difference in Medford is a hidden gem. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from citygates. Show citygates's posts

Kane's in Saugus = #1.

Market Basket = #2 (especially the jelly donuts)

Dunkin' Donuts is a huge waste of money - dough is terrible, the donuts have been reduced in size so much over the years, and now there is is only a quarter-sized spot of filling in them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from buzzwordly. Show buzzwordly's posts

Country Kitchen-Walpole, Mass

world donut headquarters for the local townies. Scott Brown buys donuts here.
    Joe Morgan buys his donuts here.
    Country Kitchen, Walpole, Mass

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from spyke65. Show spyke65's posts

Betty Ann Bake Shop..East Boston
    Kanes..Saugus

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimjogs. Show jimjogs's posts

Marty's Donuts in Ipswich, MA.  Fresh made on site every morning.  About a million times more tasty than the local Dunkin's who make them in a factory.  The local color at Marty's adds to the total experience.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDB2. Show BDB2's posts

Donut Villa in malden

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MapleMom. Show MapleMom's posts

Marty's donuts in downtown Ipswich has amazing donuts - the best Boston Cream in the state, friendly, charming and a step back into the 1950's.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

I only get a donut at Dunkin Donuts when I need a stale, just trucked in, 3 day old, saw dust filled, dropped on the floor donut fix.....by FAR the worst product ever to be offered to the American consumer...

Watch the Big N' Tasty commercial eggs off the hot griddle! bacon off the hot griddle!  Reality - eggs are FROZEN! bacon FROZEN! toast already toasted - build sandwich throw it in the convection oven and wah la...LOL

When I travel where there is a Krispy Kreme......gotta stop

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fukowi. Show Fukowi's posts

Doughnuts - the ultimate health food.  Nothing feels better than downing several glazed doughnuts with a large piping hot coffee followed by a good cigarette on a cool fall day.  As the French will teach you - life should be more about quality than quantity!!  God bless the doughnut makers!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

I thought Donut Boy on A St in South Boston was good, until I noticed the  raisins on the glazed donuts  moved and  flew away...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TB1050. Show TB1050's posts

What about Mikes Donuts on Tremont St?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthonya1962. Show anthonya1962's posts

When in East Boston I go to Betty Ann's Where I live now, Donna's in Tewksbury is the best

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthonya1962. Show anthonya1962's posts

I also need to mention and this will show my age. At one time believe it or not, Dunkin Donuts had awesome and arguably the best donuts. They were made in the back and they were advertised that they were made fresh every 4 hours. Now god only knows when and where they are made. I hope the executives someday realize how much people want a good fresh donut and change their strategy and go back to that philosophy (along with their roots).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishman1234. Show fishman1234's posts

Ma's Donuts, New Bedford, MA

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthonya1962. Show anthonya1962's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are your favorite local doughnut shops? : Doughnuts are fried not baked in a coal fired oven!!!
    Posted by RichNBoston[/QUOTE]

RichNBoston, I think we all knew that he meant

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from APN2011. Show APN2011's posts

Still love Kain's is Saugus but do not get there very often. Dunkin Donuts are inedible. Honey Dew are pretty good but I would not go out of my way to get some. And I still miss Krispy Kreme.
    BTW, how many times a year does the Globe run this article?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from D-Glitch. Show D-Glitch's posts

It's true that Flour only makes doughnuts on Sundays.
    But their everyday Sugar Brioche is the epitome of a sugar-raised doughnut (without the hole).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MapleMom. Show MapleMom's posts

Marty's Donut Land in Ipswich - amazing Boston Cream and jelly filled and everything else. An essential part of a summer visit to Ipswich. The people are really nice and its cheap!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

[QUOTE]I wish Boston.com would come up with some new pieces now and then, instead of just constantly recycling these 'best of' lists....pizza, roof decks, clam shacks, etc, etc....
    Posted by BrWyMi[/QUOTE]

You may have written this in 2011 but it's so much more true now than ever! At first I thought it must be linked to advertising space (the ad at the top of my screen was amazon vouchers for a local donut place), but I think it's just down to apathy on the part of BDC. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yup, pretty boring stuff, BDC.