What's your favorite craft beer in a can?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

What's your favorite craft beer in a can?

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/2013/06/26/best-canned-craft-beers-boston/0mLXgUm1Ag24TLPrqqNRbJ/pictures.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: What's your favorite craft beer in a can?

I didn't know there were craft beers in cans and I'd honestly not spend money to try any.  Although, I used to feel that way about screw top wines, but that's all changed these days so maybe someday I'll get over my horror regarding canned beer inspired by one disgusting sip of Pabst Blue Ribbon from, of course, a can.

On another note - since all we are hearing so far is crickets - I just discovered Abita (in bottles).  Great stuff.  The British Beer Company has their Turbodog on tap right now.  Delicious dark, malty yet not too sweet choice.  Got the party variety pack so tried 6 of their brews, all good for their styles imo.  If you are trying to broaden the horizons of anyone who will only drink Bud Light, the Strawberry is a good stepping stone beer.  Light tasting but pleasant (for Summer, anyway) not watery and just a hint of real strawberry scent.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Bumping this - I'm hoping someone can weigh in on craft beers in cans...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

nvm

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

nvm

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ache, talk to me - what do you mean?  I was happy to see your name at the top level (where it belongs, lol), but disappointed nothing to sink my teeth into.  This subject is near and dear to my heart.  Don't let me down.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Nothing. Just being a wise guy

I basically said that no matter the ontainer, all beer tastes the same (awful), but I admitted to having an unrefined beer pallate

I also suggested that "beer groupies" were even more snobby/annoying/full of themselves than the snootiest oenophiles

I went over this with you once before though, so I decided to delete

Q: If it didnt give you a buzz, you wouldnt drink beer, would you? Blech

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I honestly do like beer and only drink one per sitting so I don't get a buzz.  I didn't care for it until a friend taught me more about it, and now I know what I like and what I don't.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Maybe I need to be educated about it then , but no amount of education will get me past the taste, I dont think

It just doesnt appeal to me

Oh, well

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Do you love coffee?  Dark chocolate?  If so, I bet there are brews you'd truly enjoy, but there is a very wide range of flavor profile in beer so "the taste" really is hard to assume you know without having someone guide you.  At least that's what I found.  I can never get over the pisswater taste of Bud, the metallic taste of Coors, etc.  yuck.  Ommegang ales, on the other hand, the 220 calorie per beer taste, well, I have to ration those for $$ and alcohol and calorie content, but they are treats on par with dessert or prime rib to me, my favorite being their Abbey Ale.  I've dumped beer I don't like down the drain (would anyone do that if they were drinking just for a buzz?) so they aren't all the same.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I know not all beer is the same, but youll never convince my tastebuds of that

I tried "blueberry" beer once several years ago, thinking it would be a sweet beer even I could tolerate, but the blueberry kick in it must have been too subtle for me, because I did not detect any. Not even a hint. Just tasted like plain old beer to me. Blech. I ended up throwing it all out

I love chocolate. Dont drink coffee. They have chocolate flavored beer now? I think I will take a pass on that. No thank you:)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm not trying to bully you into liking beer...not that I even could if I were trying.  But, I do believe we could find a couple you enjoy if we were to go on a beer tasting mission.  I hate blueberry beer with a passion.  although, I enjoy it when someone else orders it; the bubbles attaching to the berries make them rise and fall in a mesmerizing fashion.  Not mesmerizing enough to make the beer taste good, but fun to watch.  

I asked about dark chocolate and coffee because of their bitterness to guage your taste, but, actually, yes, Sam Adams makes a chocolate bock.

If anyone in your household could take beer you hate off your hands and you want to give it one last go, try Abita's Strawberry Harvest Lager.  Don't let the berry part fool you - I, too, have dumped blueberry beer down the drain.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

There might be a beer somewhere that appealed to somebody like me. I doubt it, but maybe

I would have to be in an extremely accomodating mood however before I agreed to take part in a beer tasting mission

Thank you for the offer, kar, but it sounds like torture to me

My attitude toward beer in pictures:

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What if we combined Tankini Day and the beer tasting mission? ;)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hahaha

I'll have to think about that offer

Hmmm. Maybe beer isnt so bad after all...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Awww, thanks for that. :)