Appetizer Recipe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Appetizer Recipe

You're both welcome, dear friends!

Pingo, I haven't seen the Danish blue cheese, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled.  Your cheese ball will be good even if you don't have time to let it sit overnight; if a couple of hours is all you have, that's fine.  Enjoy!!

I've aquired the knowledge I have of beer and wine slowly over the years from friends, the Food Network, and magazines.  And, I've learned what I like just by trying a lot of different things.  When I lived in the city I went to quite a few stores' wine tastings.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Chazz, hope you had a great time!  (Was it Saturday night?)  Anyway, we're all interested in an update.  What did you bring?  What wine(s) did you like a lot...not so much?

~kar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

Hi Kar,
    I did end up going with the stuffed mushrooms and got rave reviews! ( Thank you, Sandwich.)  I will definitely be saving the cheese ball recipe for my own cocktail party, as I said earlier I LOVE blue cheese.

This forum really helped, thank you everyone.

There was no artichoke dish, so I used your information, kar, about wine and artichokes so I could sound like I knew something about wine tastings!!!

The man brought 15 different pinot grigios and by the 10th one they all started tasting reallllllly good............I know I was suppose to dump out my glass for each new tasting, but it seemed like a sin to waste wine....

Anyway, I did find one I really liked (the first one) but I will have to ask the host its name again because it seems as though I have forgotten it....

Thanks again for all the help!!

chazz

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wow, sounds like a perfectly fun night out!!  So happy to have given you a fun fact for a wine tasting - that tickled me (as my Gramma always said).  Definitely find out the name so when you want to bring wine to a party or something you'll know right what to grab.  No guesswork!  And, of course, let us know, too. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

I did find out the names of the wines from the hostess.  Almost everyone at the party (except me) thought the Barone Fini was the best. ( I thought it was a little too fruity. ) But the one I thought was good was the Ca'montini.  It was a lot of fun, I would definitely go to another one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks for the update!  

Sounds like you're getting into a new hobby?  If so, I'd recommend starting a wine journal right away and minimally include the name of the wine, the winery, region, the vintage (year), and date you tried it first.  Record things you particularly dislike, too, so you can be sure to avoid those!  Even more helpful will be to add a sentence about what you like best (or hate) about it and think it will go with (dessert, by itself, with pasta, etc.).  Don't worry about the "rules," just write what you think.  Bring your journal when you want to buy a bottle of wine and review it before you go to a restaurant (or bring it).