Do you use a bread machine?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from softwareDevMusician. Show softwareDevMusician's posts

Do you use a bread machine?

I've had one for a long time, but just picked it up again after a long break. During the recent snow storm, I threw together the ingredients in less than three minutes, and the result was pretty amazing given the effort. This book:

http://www.amazon.com/Rustic-European-Breads-Bread-Machine/dp/0385477775

is worth checking out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: Do you use a bread machine?

I have a large bread machine, I used to use all the time. But haven't in years. Was thinking of e-baying it.
    I got one of those 45-minutes bread machines, which I use frequently. Throw the ingredients in and you will have fresh bread, when your dinner is ready. It is also good for making sandwiches. It gives a perfect size slice, cut the long way. I found, that buying a loaf of bread would go either stale or get mold, before the two of us could use it up. This works perfect for us. Fresh bread almost every day.
    Thanks for the tip on the book, will check it out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from softwareDevMusician. Show softwareDevMusician's posts

In Response to Re: Do you use a bread machine?:
    [QUOTE]I have a large bread machine, I used to use all the time. But haven't in years. Was thinking of e-baying it. I got one of those 45-minutes bread machines, which I use frequently. Throw the ingredients in and you will have fresh bread, when your dinner is ready. It is also good for making sandwiches. It gives a perfect size slice, cut the long way. I found, that buying a loaf of bread would go either stale or get mold, before the two of us could use it up. This works perfect for us. Fresh bread almost every day. Thanks for the tip on the book, will check it out.
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

I have a Zojirushi, which was probably the top of the line ten years ago. I got it based on reading reviews here on the web. I used it mostly for just making the dough, and spent the better part of six months trying to make baguettes in the oven on a pizza stone. I was never satisfied with the result, but like you said, it's fresh bread almost every day, and for the cost, I didn't feel bad when it got stale and already have enough bread crumbs to get to Oz and back.Cool

I really like sourdough, and no matter how much I try, it doesn't come even close to what I can get at Whole Foods. I make the starter (biga), have nothing if not patience, but something is missing, and it can't be my soul, I added that too. If it weren't for the really good imported butter, Pluger, Kerrigold, etc, I would just give it up completely.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, again, SWD!  Funny, I just noticed this after the thread in Music introduced us.

My DH has a very odd (not able to be diagnosed) inflamatory response to white flour and refined sugar so I make all our bread products (bread, crackers, pizza dough) in our bread maker out of organic whole spelt (Arrowhead Mills, I think, is the brand, and I get it on Amazon).  I LOVE the bread maker!  It'll never go in any of our yard sales.  If I didn't have it all I'd be doing is making bread!  In fact, I gotta get up right now and throw in a loaf, or my name is mud - we're out!