Vegan Appetizer Ideas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Vegan Appetizer Ideas

Hello,

I may be hosting Christmas Eve and have a guest coming who is vegan.  I need some vegan recipie ideas for appetizers.  I will have hummus and veggies, but I also want something a bit more "fun" and filling for her.

Just a few caveats: I don't want to do any "fake" things like "vegan cheese," or "vegan meats," etc., and I am only a moderate cook, so I don't want anything too difficult.

The remainder of my guest are hard core carnivores, so it doesn't have to be anything large.

Thank you!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Vegan Appetizer Ideas

Roasted/broiled veggies with vegan dressing (find at Whole Foods).  Good warm or cold.

Plain almond milk or soy milk work well for most recipes calling for milk.

Vegan Butternut Soup:

1 medium butternut squash

3 medium yellow onions

1 tsp each garlic powder, pepper, salt, smoked paprika (Trader Joes), hot sauce

1/2 tsp cumin

1/4 tsp ground coriander

1 lemon's juice (fresh is essential)

4 - 6 cups vegetable stock 

Peel, seed, and chop squash roughly. Peel and roughly chop onions.  Place in pot with 4 cups stock with spices and boil/steam until very soft; cover and stir occasionally.  Purée preferably with a stick blender in the pot until smooth, add stock until desired thickness.  Add lemon juice and hot sauce.  Adjust seasonings.

Keep hot in crock pot, self-serve in small ramekins or cups.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Vegan Appetizer Ideas

Can be blended in batches in the blender.