Take Action by Being Active!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skalz. Show skalz's posts

Take Action by Being Active!

More than 5 million people in the U.S. have Alzheimer’s disease. When you take part in a Run, Ride, or Tri event, you are giving them hope. From the legendary Boston Marathon to the rigors of the Reach the Beach Relay and our famous (formerly Memory) Ride, the RUN TRI RIDE team is stepping up in the fight to end Alzheimer’s. Get involved today! Participate or volunteer in an upcoming event, and help make our vision of a world without Alzheimer's disease a reality.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: Take Action by Being Active!

I have been walking at least 5 miles a day (usually did 2-3).

I haven't had a headache in months and I am sleeping better (at least 4 hours!).

Just simple walking for 1 hour a day can help lower your blood pressure and cholesterol.

It can also increase mental alertness, decrease depression and improve your mood...plus, you might even meet your neighbors!

No standing meds for me,  I would never take a statin; I like grapefruit juice too much ;) 

PS: It's easier if you have a walking buddy and/or a dog.

A lot of the indoor shopping malls have walking groups in the morning before the stores open.

Great idea for the winter months.

Avatar from "The Artwork of Catherine Darling Hostetter" 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cozart63108. Show cozart63108's posts

I go to the gym 5 days per week.

I really like to play basketball!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

It helps if you have the proper attire and comfortable shoes.   Marshalls has reasonably priced activewear :)

PS: Unless your dr tells you differently, eat less and move more, you won't regret it!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hi jackbu,  good shoes are a must!  I just got a nice new pair of black Sketchers and some comfy mostly cotton socks..

I hope this isn't too much info...but (for the ladies) sports bras rock!  That bit of extra support for your back etc makes a big difference. You can put a tank top over them and get some color while walking.

You may want to wear a cap or sun hat to protect your face/hair. 

Check Marshalls type stores first, you don't always have to spend a lot for quality stuff :)