What are your biggest pet-peeves when working out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugarxo. Show sugarxo's posts

Re: What are your biggest pet-peeves when working out?

In Response to Re: What are your biggest pet-peeves when working out?:
    [QUOTE]Despite the well-equipped women's only section at my gym, half the women insist on working out in the men's area. As much as I enjoy female company, waiting for a machine while three women take turns yakking and working out gets old fast. Especially in the mornings when time is limited as it is. My wife works out in the women's-only section and insists that it has the identical equipment. What gives??!! I get the whole 'wanting-to-be-seen' thing that some people have, but seriously - workout on your own side. You can parade around later if that makes you feel good.
    Posted by BooDiggly[/QUOTE]

Um Boo ....... the womens area was not built to segregate women in the gym. They are built on the off chance that a woman doesnt feel comfortable working out with the general public... Its 2011.. Theres not a mens section or a womens section... Women dont have to sit in the back of the room, and wow, we even have jobs. Work more on your lower body, it seems your head is big enough.........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaits511. Show kaits511's posts

LOCKER ROOM ETIQUETTE!  ugh.  at 7:30 in the morning, when everyone is trying to shower, pull it together and get to work.  If it takes you 20 minutes to apply make up JUST to go into your office, maybe you shouldn't leave the house?  Girls who hog mirrors, unplug the few hair dryers in order to plug in their flat iron/curling iron, spend tons of time primping... If it takes that much effort for your away game, maybe you just shouldn't take the show on the road.  It's inconsiderate to those of us who know how to get ready in a timely & efficient manner.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

At my gym, there are people who leave gum (yes, ABC gum) on the treadmill in the section for keys, water bottles, etc.  There's a garbage can 10 feet away.  So disgusting - were they saving for after their workout and just forgot it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDiSaia. Show DrDiSaia's posts

Inconsiderate people in a members only gym.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Texting while sitting on equipment or mats. No one is that important, text elsewhere.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bstnster. Show bstnster's posts

Kids at the gym...We have infants!

I live in a building with a small fitness facility, which I use when I'm in a pinch.  Recently, I went to run on the treadmill, and a mother was working out with not one but TWO infants beside her.  The infants were no more than two months old.  Foolishly, I worried that my running would wake the infants.  I was just waiting to tell her that the sign on the door says "Fitness Room," not "Lactation Room."  

As for my regular gym, I cannot stand being asked by strangers for a "spot."  I always want to inform them that I'm not on the gym's payroll.  If you want a spot, hire a trainer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AtlSTEVE. Show AtlSTEVE's posts

*People who do their dumbell exercises right in front of the rack, blocking anyone else who needs to get weights. *People who hoard and collect like 5 different sets of dumbells.  Then when you need a certain set, they are sitting at ones guys feet whilst he uses another set. *People who improvise with equipment because the standard exercises aren't good enough.  *People who leave all their stuff in a pile by the bench or machine. Get a locker.  *People who do exercises wrong.  Watching a yahoo with too much weight rocking and stretching his back doing curls. *The fat guy benching 300lbs.  Get on the treadmill and stop waiting time benching.  Your fat. Curling and benching won't change that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cubegirl. Show cubegirl's posts

I don't mind an occasional quick conversation on a cell phone. It happens. But loud and excessive cell phone use drives me nuts, because the person on the phone is usually oblivious to it. I love going to the gym when it's empty and quiet, and the other day this woman behind me was having a long conversation on her cell phone. I tried to get her attention so I could ask her nicely to take the call elsewhere, but she was in a different world. Finally I lost it, and asked her to please stop talking on her cell phone. She got incredibly defensive and started yelling at me -- telling me I was uptight. And despite the fact I could hear every detail of her conversation, she made up a story about talking to a hospital about her daughter's brain tumor. Really???  Glad to know I'm not the only person who can't stand this behavior at the gym.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cubegirl. Show cubegirl's posts

After going to the gym yesterday, a couple of things dawned on me: 1) I love having my own personal space, but I realized that people are sometimes forced to choose a piece of equipment next to another person in order to watch a certain TV channel (something I had to do yesterday); 2) What makes cell phone use especially annoying is that you can't really do anything about it. At least if someone doesn't wipe down a machine, you can clean it yourself. 3) Gym staff need to be more active at addressing these pet peeves. At my Gold's gym, no staff members circulate among members during workouts just to see how things are going, or to catch bad behavior in action.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from headergirl. Show headergirl's posts

Those annoying people who won't shut the f*** up!  The gym is for working out, not chatting.  And guess what, your loud conversations are BORING!!  Do you not see us glaring at you to shut up!  And this is why I blare my ipod.  Because if I don't, I have to hear you yammer away about NOTHING!!

Shut up and work out, or go away - PLEASE!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lincoln678. Show lincoln678's posts

People who do not re-rack their weights.  How can a person leg press 500 lbs but not move a 50lb weight?  I have bagged a couple of guys doing that and they look like jerks when they see me (smaller woman) doing their clean up. 
    Someone mentioned splashers in the pool, that is annoying as well and I am thinking that it takes more energy to do that. 
    Cell phones should just be banned in gyms, there is no reason for them. 
    Most of the people in my gym are pleasant and follow the rules - it also takes a little tolerance.
    Happy excercising!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homeduck. Show Homeduck's posts

People who find it acceptable to squeeze out a bottom burp when running on the treadmill and people who scratch their balls and then use the equipment without picking their nose.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from greatmc. Show greatmc's posts

In Response to What are your biggest pet-peeves when working out?:
    [QUOTE]Whether it's the person running on the treadmill next to you eyeballing how many miles you've completed or the person who doesn't wipe down a machine we want to hear what annoys you the most while working out. 
    Posted by BostonDotCom[/QUOTE]

People who don't wipe down their machines after they use them. I'm sorry, but is your sweat somehow less gross than someone else's? Have some respect for the other people that use the same equipment and wipe it down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

People in old ratty sweatpants.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArtVandelay421. Show ArtVandelay421's posts

Signs all over the gym (as well as common sense) tell you to dress appropriately. You know...like you are at a gym. Why is it, on cue late afternoon after the last lawn cut, all the landscape crews hit the gym...with their grubby work shirts and clomping around in construction boots...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

Mine has to be the people who are only there to stare at themselves in a mirror, while working out. Don't they have mirrors at home? 
    I can just hear them now ..."I love me, who do you love?"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from buffettgirl. Show buffettgirl's posts

People who assume that anyone bench pressing 400 pounds is a "meathead". 
    There are alot of people who genuinely work hard and eat properly to gain muscle naturally.  being strong does not automatically make one stupid.

Women who won't pick up a dumbell that is not pink and covered in plastic for fear of becoming "bulky".  HAHAHA!!!