What are your biggest pet-peeves when working out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: What are your biggest pet-peeves when working out?

Please!  Why do you guys put up with this crap and pay for it?   Just do some yard work.  Walk the dog [for 3 miles].  Use the stairs at work.  Clean the house,  mop the floor, etc. etc.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquanet. Show aquanet's posts

Sweaty guys that don't wipe down the benches. Its soooo gross when they get get you can see a sweat line where their butt crack was. WIPE THE MACHINE / BENCH Off.  Aslo- NO CELL PHONES ALLOWED.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

People who wipe their face then use the same towel to wipe their machines down.  It's gross. 

People who treat weight machines as furniture, no one should sit for 5+ minutes on a machine without doing anything, then do a quick set, sit another 5 minutes, etc.

I don't get people who wear jeans or cords to work out--how could you be comfortable??  Doesn't annoy me, but it puzzles me.

And since I belong to the Y, parents who bring little kids in and put them on machines.  I saw a woman on an ab crunch machine put her baby on her lap and try to use the machine. When she realized that wouldn't work, she went to a leg machine and was offended that a staff member suggested she shouldn't do that!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from solaceone. Show solaceone's posts

A gym, that I've quit and they're still trying to collect dues.  Gold's anyone?  I now run, do chin ups, push ups and barbells in the house.  Winter, Fall, Summer and Spring!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from deemacey. Show deemacey's posts

Perfume!!  Please, do not wear perfume or cologne !  No one wants to smell your cheap sweaty perfume when they are next to you one the treadmill. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

In Response to Re: What are your biggest pet-peeves when working out?:
    [QUOTE]people who get dressed up to go to the gym.  Relax you dumb broad you're here to work out, not to get a date.  Actually you do look good, wanna get a drink after this?
    Posted by AZNgunZ[/QUOTE]

I don't get the needing fully make up for a work out, but on the same note, I once had to get off a machine because the guy next to me had clearly dunked himself in cologne before hitting the gym. Did he think that would help?  It didn't!  And the smokers who reek of the cigarette they had before they came in bug me too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjconcannon. Show mjconcannon's posts

I hate when someone gets on the treadmill right next to me when there are 20 others that are not being used! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DAVEobrien. Show DAVEobrien's posts

Gym Squirrels!
    The ones that grab 3 set of dumbells and keep them by the bench they're using so noone else can use them until they're done.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tonglo. Show tonglo's posts

The guy you always see drinking a beer and eating a hogie while walking on the treadmill.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Monty-33. Show Monty-33's posts

I'm irritated by scrawny guys, no sleeves, walking around like they have grapefruits under their arms.
    Or, just as bad....they guys who overwork their upper bodies just for looks and have pencils for legs....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruceJames. Show BruceJames's posts

I can't stand tough-guy trainers.  These are the dudes who played a sport in high school and will never let you forget.  Ironically, they aren't very athletic and they also lift less than most people at the gym, even though they strut like they're Mr. Olympian.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pflaherty10. Show pflaherty10's posts

Some of the outfits on both men and women are a bit much (or not really that much). . I go to the gym to get myself in better shape and not to oogle over the kind of shape others are in - a little modesty goes a long way.  I see guys flexing in mirrors, singing to their iPods, etc - do you really need attention?  How about you just go to the gym, workout relatively clothed and then leave - no grunting or singing or cursing.  Don't try make my workout about you, make it about yourself, which is where you should keep it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from the45. Show the45's posts

1.  The revolving door of class instructors.

2.  People who know you are working out on a station, yet pretend not to notice and start using the equipment.

3.  People whose iPods are louder than the gym's piped in music.

4.  Cell phones

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from megasudz. Show megasudz's posts

Go to Boston Sports Club/Wellington on a weekend it is a S-show

People ignoring cell phone usage policy, and staff not enforcing it. That one kills me.

Not racking weights
    Using bench next to you as a place for your "stuff". That is what lockers are for people!

Not to mention the time someone started eating a sandwich on the gym floor. Priceless. All this and more ore 60 bucks a month. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bara922. Show bara922's posts

People who have the volume up way too loud on their music players and might as well just buy a boombox. As a general rule, if you hold out the earphone at arms length and can hear it, you need to turn it down. But there's some solace in knowing they'll be losing their hearing in 20 years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrpol12. Show mrpol12's posts

I just don't understand people that put dumbbells back where they don't belong.  If you grab two 40-pound dumbbells, when you're done with them, please put them back onto the rack where it's labeled "40," not wherever there happens to be space.

The people that track sand, dirt, snow, etc. onto the stretching mats and don't clean up after themselves.

The people using the double cable pulley machine that insist on doing their reps perpendicular to the frame, not realizing that they can swing out to the side and leave room for someone to use the other end.

Also, if you're going to use the locker room, please buy a lock, I know you don't care about people stealing your stuff, but it lets me know that your locker is occupied.  Many times I've opened up four, five lockers stuffed with clothes before finding an empty one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from btw100. Show btw100's posts

Background music (like at all bars and restos);  the thinking being that the establishment knows best the secret party formula.   Leave the choice to me, thanks.  It simply stifles any coherent or spiritual thought that you wish to have, but perhaps that's desirable for some.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjp02. Show sjp02's posts

-people who think it is a place to socialize.

-people who bring children.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Monty-33. Show Monty-33's posts

Can't stand people who don't clean up after themselves in the locker room.  If you shave in the sink....clean it.  And, don't cover yourself with powder and coat the whole locker room floor while doing it....
    Pick up your towel while you're at it....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbrig. Show bigbrig's posts

Loud people. I work out early in the morning and love the quiet, but there's one person who insists on carrying on conversations at twice the normal volume AND singing along with the piped in music!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from clhSOX. Show clhSOX's posts

If you are in the locker room, shaving, brushing teeth...doing something at the sink, put on a towel!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from generator10. Show generator10's posts

Leave your iPad at home.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ensoul. Show ensoul's posts

How about the 325 pound naked 67 year old guys that needs to shave naked in the mirror?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mspoken. Show mspoken's posts

I'm realizing that since I've joined Healthworks my gym pet peeves are almost gone! It can't be a coincidence that the 'gross' parts about the gym don't exist when it's a women's only gym.

At my previous gym, there was the guy who stretched incessantly in the middle or the room while staring at everyone else. There were the crappy out of date machines, the blaring music, and the guy who had his own personal martial arts sessions in the middle of the free weights.

My main complaint at my current gym is the woman who jumps on the cardio machine next to me when every other machine is open.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrencemathis. Show terrencemathis's posts

1) Not enough weights for me.  2) The treadmills' max speeds are too slow.  Oh, and  3)  Too many autograph seekers.  Sooo annoying.  come on people, relax.