What are your biggest pet-peeves when working out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from caffiendFrog. Show caffiendFrog's posts

Re: What are your biggest pet-peeves when working out?

In Response to Re: What are your biggest pet-peeves when working out?:
    [QUOTE]1) The gaggle of teenage girls that serially occupy a series of machines at a time and then shuffle between then while stoppoing to have a conversation backing up the circuit. 2) Older women who think they don't have to clean machines because they "don't seat like the guys." 3) People that can't obseve the rules such as don't jump into the circuit and do not using a cell phone(with a camera) in a locker room
    Posted by DisinterestedObserver[/QUOTE]

Concur, huge pet peeve is people jumping in on the circuits and jumping out and/or staying too long.  I don't mind people jumping in at a different point, why wait a huge line, but if they just jump in for a specific machine...go use one of the ones on the floor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArtVandelay421. Show ArtVandelay421's posts

God this is great to vent on all my gym pet peeves-

1. I must have missed this one...when exactly did cell phones become standard equipment at the gym. If I don't hear the phrase "you are in the emergency room" or "I'll come bail you out" keep it at home.

2. Love this one...the landscape or roof crew that come direct from the job to the gym and keep the boots and cut offs on while they work out.

3. The person who is so anal and regimented they "must" work out on the machine you are on because it is written from above that you must work out on tha tmachine in this order, even though fifty other machines are open. I also love how they hover like a vulture over a carcass.

4. Remember the Seinfeld episode about "good naked" and "bad naked?" Well, in the men's locker room there is a lot of "bad naked."

OK...now that I got that off my chest, I have run and get on that treadmill next to you, as I pass at least 20 other unoccupied treadmills. ha ha

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bguy. Show bguy's posts

[QUOTE]When people SLAM! down the weights accompanied by massive GRUNTING! in an effort to alert those around them how much they're capable of lifting. 
    Posted by ennio[/QUOTE]

We have someone that sounds like they're doing the nasty.
    It always cracks up everyone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asimplename. Show asimplename's posts

Parents who bring their children to the gym and then let them run wild "testing" various cardio machines for a few minutes at a time before they move on to something else.  Parents act like they're teaching their kids about good healthy habits of exercise, but if they really wanted their kids to exercise they'd limit their computer and cell phone use and get their kids outside in the yard or the street or the park PLAYING WITH OTHER KIDS.  There's a reason kids are fat today - and there's a reason that kids don't belong in gyms either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from segrani. Show segrani's posts

1- Blaring music,
    2- Insistence of some of the older dudes to have a full conversation while totally naked in the locker room,
    3- Old dudes watching golf in the locker room TOTALLY naked,

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgeg. Show bridgeg's posts

Blaring music and gym too hot. If you are cold, wear a warm up suit. Gym should save money by keeping gym cold

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ladybugfive. Show Ladybugfive's posts

-- People not wiping down machines after they use them. (Note to those who do that, especially when all sweaty:  Someday you'll do that and the person who notices will be someone you wanted to impress and they'll think you're gross and inconsiderate.)  

--Health Clubs that don't enforce the wiping equipment rule.

-- Health Club staff who are super friendly before you sign and then "don't bother me" afterwards. 

--Health Clubs that allow certain people's kids to use the basketball court free but then turn around and insist on charging others.

--Health Clubs that don't fix equipment and don't maintain saunas, jacuzzis etc.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ladybugfive. Show Ladybugfive's posts

oh... one more...

I don't think having a women's area means that women should be banished to the women's area.  Especially if  it's bad. 

My previous gym (a very big gym) had a women's area  with OLD BROKEN equipment. It was the place equipment went to die.  It was also sauna-hot in the summer: no airconditioning. 

It would be better to have no women's area than to provide such terrible conditions.  Also the sauna and jaccuzi and steam room in the women's area was not maintained.

Needless to say, I quit that gym.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ladybugfive. Show Ladybugfive's posts

[QUOTE]I hate when someone gets on the treadmill right next to me when there are 20 others that are not being used! 
    Posted by mjconcannon[/QUOTE]

I agree...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GordonCat. Show GordonCat's posts

Squatters, squatters, squatters....and I don't mean the kind that are working out. If you are not doing anything then please go home.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from matt7420. Show matt7420's posts

Also people who pass gas on the treadmill.  To say the least it creates a very awkward and unpleasant situation for anyone in the vicinity trying to get in their cardio workouts. 

[QUOTE]When people pass gas while while bench pressing. In a way it's funny because everyone knows what they just heard but the person is trying to play it cool like there's nothing out of the ordinary and nothing happened. Then it stinks up the place because the person's hopped up on 3 protein shakes and a tuna sandwich thinking this is the way to get in shape for the summer.
    Posted by borkmeistah[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thereheis. Show thereheis's posts

Trainer who look like they need a trainer themselves!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thereheis. Show thereheis's posts

People that think they are soo macho and strong because they have big arms and chest.  But then you see their gut/stomach!@!! also big and round!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

People are annoying everywhere . . .   not just at the gym.

Sartre was right . . .   Hell is other people . . .

And what the hell is up with people who drive their SUVs to the gym so they can walk on a treadmill?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from terminator-x. Show terminator-x's posts

• Hovering rather than asking politely to work in
    • Not reracking weights or failing to put barbells and dumbells back to where they belong
    • People who try to "reserve" more than one piece of apparatus at one time
    • When the TV blares annoying cable "news" programs
    • Passive-aggressive sitting on apparatus between sets to discourage people from asking to work in
    • Lack of consideration in the locker and shower areas. Campground rule: Leave the gym no filthier than it was when you arrived -- wipe the aparratus, pick up towels and empty shampoo containers, etc.
    Some of the other things that bother people here are a bit puzzling. Why should I care if someone peeks at my progress on the treadmill? That's not an imposition, and it would only bother me if I so choose. Likewise, why should I care if someone grunts while lifting heavy wieghts? Dead lifts, for example, are strenuous. As long as the guy isn't yelling in my ear, what's the big deal?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I primarily swim..so talkers and splashers are my pet peeve. When I am using the treadmills or elipticals not much bothers me because I have my headphones on and tune everything else out. People who don't wipe off the equipment are also annoying..as are people who don't clean up after themselves in the shower or locker room..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boodah. Show Boodah's posts

[QUOTE]Super-circuiters. Dude, it's 5:30, the gym is packed, and you are taking up 3 stations and running around everywhere. If you are going to do that, you better come in the middle of the day when it is deserted. Grunters/Yellers. Volume does not correlate to dead lift strength! Shut up. Bar borrowers. Oh thanks for making this bench useless by taking the bar to do an obscure exercise on the other side of the gym. Don't worry that there are only 3 benches and that there are hundreds of other exercises you could do to work the same muscle group. Oh and don't bother returning the bar you can just leave it on the floor.
    Posted by KFitz422[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boodah. Show Boodah's posts

[QUOTE]Also people who pass gas on the treadmill.  To say the least it creates a very awkward and unpleasant situation for anyone in the vicinity trying to get in their cardio workouts.  In Response to Re: What are your biggest pet-peeves when working out? :
    Posted by matt7420[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boodah. Show Boodah's posts

People who wear too much cologne or perfume to the gym.
    If I'm gulping air on the machine next to you because I'm sprinting, I don't really want to choke on your awesome effluvia.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AuntieElle. Show AuntieElle's posts

[QUOTE]Smokers next to you on the treadmill. Women who wear skimpy clothing to the gym but then are so concerned people are looking at them they adjust their outfits constantly. People who don't wipe the machines down or put the weights back where they belong. People who take up a spot in a full spin class but just casually ride during the class, not following the instructors cues, taking up a spot from someone who would actually do the class.
    Posted by Baja-Brat[/QUOTE]

People new to spinning often miss instructor cues...please have patience as they learn...  and don't save seven bikes for all your friends - this isn't high school.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

[QUOTE]I lift things up and put them down.
    Posted by playoffredsox[/QUOTE]

hahahahahaha I lift things up and put them down

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

Too Cold
    Coughing People
    Staring Men
    Machine Hoggers
    People who want to chat

yeah...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from alexku. Show alexku's posts

Chewed gum in the water fountain.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Miguel3. Show Miguel3's posts

None,
    I just put on my running shoes and go, go , go !
    No gym
    No fees
    No poseurs,
    No stinking, sweaty machines,
    No anyone elses idea of music,
    No inate cell phone conversations,
    No mal-adjusted climate
    Get it?
    Just Do It !