BM/GM Gifts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrrdh05. Show jrrdh05's posts

BM/GM Gifts

Hello everyone,�� Our wedding is this summer, and I am on schedule with everything. My FI and I are stumped over one matter, and that is�what to get for our bridal party gifts.� � For the girls I was thinking either paying for their shoes, or a portion of their hair. What do you think??�As for the GM's,� we have no idea.� They are all very different.� So any suggestions would be great.. :-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 300dpi. Show 300dpi's posts

BM/GM Gifts

if you look into the advance search you will find a lot of discussion on gifts for your wedding party. Personally i think paying for their shoes or hair is a nice gesture but doesnt count as a thank you gift.

Im still stumped on this same questions but i think im just going to give them all something personal as if it was their own special occassion (birthday etc.) -- � im not big on the jewelry or monogrammed bags or all the other typical bridesmaidy gifts.� So im still looking as well . . .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

BM/GM Gifts

My philosophy on hair and shoes....it isn't a thank you.�

For my ladies...each get a tote (different ones based on their style), earrings and necklace that I made for the day of, a neutral wrap that they can use day of or afterwards then the other things.� Two are avid scrapbookers so I got them scrapping stuff, one is a big sox fan so I got her a tshirt (I did advanced recon with her husband to confirm her favorite player and size), and finally one is a gardener so I got her a gazing ball and stand to put in her garden.

The guys each got a book on the brain and music, itunes gift cards and then another book customized to their tastes...one was how to run their own record label, one was how to enjoy their retirement (the best man is my FI's father that is due to retire in Oct) and the other one was a book of guy stuff, and finally the last one got a cd of a famous (if you are into that style) classical guitarist.

I picked out the ladies stuff and my FI did the leg work on his guy;s stuff so even though they are essentially getting books, it is so my FI and he really thinks his guys will like them which is the important part.� And we will write a note to each one rather than a card.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from octoberlove. Show octoberlove's posts

BM/GM Gifts

Give www.exclusivelyweddings.com a try.� I got all the parent's and attendants their gifts from here, you'll find other wedding stuff too.� (it was the only place I could find a pretty, simple and inexpensive ring pillow).� I also got my invites from here and got a great bargain.I got custom made jewelry for the girls here:� www.amysbridalaccessories.com (although it's a little pricey) definitely worth it for a custom made piece of jewlery.� You'll find something, even if you don't use these sites, good luck!� (oh, my fiance got cigar humidors for all the groomsmen...but that's because they all like cigars)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

BM/GM Gifts

We gave each person a book.� Good quality and suited to each.� Flower girl got "Heidi."� MOH got a leather Dickens, Best Man got leather bound "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy." Friend gave us all music boxes, each one different. ideas.�

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ralphluv. Show ralphluv's posts

BM/GM Gifts

I got my bridesmaids the following:1.� A purse/make up bag that matched their dresses2.� A big bottle of Smartwater (It's my thing)3.� A gift card to Tiffany's (I know people think this is tacky, but they all love the store...)4.� Flip FlopsI got the groomsmenhttp://www.capcatchers.com/index.htm�(one of the big ones) Each had their last name on them and the word "Slainte" underneath, they loved them.and a six pack of local beer (Newport Storm)I got my mother in law and my sainted mother Vera Bradley Bags in their "patterns" and my father in law and dad the same thing as the groomsmen.I got my flower girl a Vera Bradley lunch box in pink petal and filled it with girlie stuff that she likes.� She's 6�

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ralphluv. Show ralphluv's posts

BM/GM Gifts

Oh no, I just meant that people have said that gift cards are tacky.� That's all.� My girls actually loved them and I've gotten pictures of what they bought themselves.� Their boyfriends/fiances/husbands all groaned when they opened them because each of my 7 precious bridesmaids turned to her man and said, "YES! I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU CAN BUY ME!"� Hilarious.�

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from clm77. Show clm77's posts

BM/GM Gifts

3.� A gift card to Tiffany's (I know people think this is tacky, but they all love the store...)Goodness gracious!� If a gift card to Tiffany's is now tacky, where on earth have our standards gone?! :)�

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

BM/GM Gifts

Hi ralphy, yes - indeed gifts card are "tacky". (Just hate that word,but they are.) If you ask a bridesmaid/groom - 7 months in advance - Itruly think you have enough time to find a nice individual gift foreach and everyone. My son gave his groomsmen and ushers, an all purposepocket knife engraved with their name. My DIL gave her BM handmadecustom made jewelry. Everything was very well accepted and appreciated.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ralphluv. Show ralphluv's posts

BM/GM Gifts

It wasn't a gift card to the 99...(not that those aren't awesome)�

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

BM/GM Gifts

Hi ralphy, I understand. Yours� was a giftcard to Tiffany's.However, the BM and GM one select are supposedly� to be onesdearest and closets friends and they are usually asked well in advanceof the wedding date. There should be enough time for the bride and thegroom to select a gift for the person in question. Gift cards is in myopinion, something one resort to, when there are no other options. Aka- a cop-out, if you will.
    I understand, your gift card was in addition to other personal gifts.But again, we all know you don't get much for a $50 bill (not that Isay yours was $50) at Tiffany's. So, if I get a giftcard and I have toadd something in order to use it -which has happened - I would bepretty much upset. That's the reason I detest giftcards. Besides, Ifind them absolutely impersonal. But that is just me - others may lovethem. Just my 2 cents in regard to gift cards.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ralphluv. Show ralphluv's posts

BM/GM Gifts

That's kind of what I thought when I did it.� The gift cards were generous enough on their own so that unless one of my snotty friends decided to get the gold they have there, they could get a nice piece of their own choosing.� All of them wanted to wear their own jewelry for my wedding so I didn't bother with matchy matchy stuff...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from deebs620. Show deebs620's posts

BM/GM Gifts

I think that is different. Most likely a bridesmaid expects to get and pay to get their hair done but a spa day is not something that has to be done or is for the wedding only and I know I personally would MUCH rather a spa day than jewelery i may or may not like...but thats just me!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

BM/GM Gifts

How do you pay for "a portion" of their hair?� Either pay for it or don't.� If you are asking the girls to all get up-dos, then you MUST pay for it.� If it's optional, then you don't have to.I always believe in getting a special gift for each girl that reflects her interests and personality.� It should have NOTHING to do with the wedding, because the present is all about her, not you.About a spa treatment.....first of all, you definitely don't want a spa day that close to your wedding!��� You or one of the girls could have a reaction from some lotion or treatment.� Especially, no facials or waxing with a day to go!!That said, only you could decide if all your girls would enjoy this AND have the time available to do it.� I would personally rather stick needles in my eyes than go to a strange spa for "the works".� I don't even like pedis but see them as a necessary evil in the summer.....So if a well-meaning bride had a spa-day for all of us, I would be upset at having to waste my time and her money and pretend to enjoy it.��� just my two cents....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islandsistah. Show islandsistah's posts

BM/GM Gifts

I would ask the girls if they wanted to go to a spa with me just before, but not as their gift.� I always thought that the gift should nit be something consumable, but rather something that will bribg fond memories when it is used.� My MOH has a ton of jewelry, and I was having a hard time deciding on a gift for her.� I finally decided upon a nice Cross pen, in her favorite color, that I will have engraved with "Hername, Thank You,� Myname.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenclown. Show greenclown's posts

BM/GM Gifts

lol We have very different friends.� Mine would probably stage�a riot if I told them they were required to have their hair done, and I would do the same to them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

BM/GM Gifts

Most brides expect their�bridesmaids to arrive at the church looking lovely and well-groomed.� If anyone chooses to get her hair, make-up, or whatever done at a salon, then that's her decision and her own expense.However, if a bride says "I want you to have an up-do"� "I want your toenails to match all the other bridesmaids" or "I want your eyebrows plucked", the very next sentence must be "and of course I will pay for it."Frankly, the inference is that the bride doesn't trust her own friends enough to show up looking nice and/or it's more important for the girls to all look the same.� Neither thought is very attractive.� Just my opinion of course.....���

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ralphluv. Show ralphluv's posts

BM/GM Gifts

I agree with you (late because of lacrosse, we lost..curses!) about grown women being able to look nice for a wedding.� One of my friends in my wedding asked me what color her nails should be...I said, seriously?� I am on a 17 day course of antibiotics for a strep infection that tried to kill me, my mother wants to strangle my mother in law and I have an�rogue flower girl to deal with�and you are asking me to write an edict on nail color?� I don't care!� I offered to make hair appointments for people and I actually had two girls say no and go to their own hair dresser.� It worked for them and for me!�