OT- Hair Help - Desperate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

A colleague of mine is hysterical with bad hair issues. The last stylist had a vision of his own and wouldn't listen to her so she now has over processed over bleached hair and hates it. She keeps asking me for help but I don't know anything in her area - she lives in Watertown and works in Framingham. Anybody got a gret colorist?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

I haven't gone to get my hair dyed here but I have heard fantastic things from other people. Blondie Salon in Waltham on Main St. I go there for my cuts and I love them. Super easy to get appointments which i love as well.

http://www.blondiesalonandspa.com/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

She's looking for a permanent stylist and cannot afford the $200 color and $50 blow dry she's been quoted from the big salons in Boston, so we are secifically looking in the suburbs where costs "should" be less due to less rent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

When I lived in Watertown, I used to go to Salon Sama. My person left years ago (which I am still sad about...it's taken me YEARS to find another regular stylist). I always liked it there because everyone was really professional, but it was also very reasonably priced and family-oriented.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jessica9379. Show Jessica9379's posts

Oh, totally send her to see Linda Shehab at Judy Jetson on Mass Ave in Cambridge!!!!

I owe Linda my sanity because fixed a highlight/lowlight gone bad days before my wedding

Your poor friend - I totally feel her pain.

Send her to Linda!
    617-354-2628!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

Great stuff here - I will pass it along

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

the one stylist i'd recommend is in Downtown Crossing...Jimi @ John Dellaria's on Summer Street.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonskigirl. Show bostonskigirl's posts

http://www.getsugar.com/subscribe_email.php?list_id=62
    Tell your friend to use this link to sign up for get sugar. The Loft Salon and Day Spa (which is renowned for color) is offering a special through get sugar. Also, I think Beaucage on Newbury can be reasonable for a cut and color if you go with a junior or advanced stylist. I go to Henry (he's a senior stylist so slightly more expensive) and he's awesome. I have also gotten my hair cut by Kelley and Kristen (I recommend both, especially Kelley!) who I believe are both advanced stylists. Good luck!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Go to Jonathan at J. Stevens Salon in Newton [he's next to Boston Ballet school on the corner of Washington and Walnut]. He fixed a major disaster of mine involving bleach highlights [after I was assured it was not bleach]. The man is a miracle worker. GL!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

ALF your crisis sounded a lot like her's she got bleached when asked not to. I will pass this along.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

[Quote]ALF your crisis sounded a lot like her's she got bleached when asked not to. I will pass this along.[/Quote]

He's such a nice guy, and he does not charge the $250 that your friend got quoted for downtown Boston. I pay about $100 for a cut and demi gloss each time I go. And there is plenty of free parking to boot right next door!