OT - (sort of) Just Wondering...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

I am not sure how long I have been posting to the wedding boards maybe a little over a year? I did not know anyone before I started and still don't. I have sent a few emails off line but that was always short lived as it was specific to some topic.

There was a get together of some of the ladies last year that I could not attend so some ladies have met each other.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bm0505. Show bm0505's posts

I have been posting here on and off for about 3 years, starting when I was getting advice as a BM. Still not married (heck, not even in a relationship but accepting applications from potential suitors! :-)) but I love to visit the boards anyway. It is usually when one of my friends gets engaged that I spend more time here. It is kinda funny though bc you start to get to know posters personalities once you spend enough time here!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshinemrs. Show sunshinemrs's posts

I don't know anyone (that I know of...) in the non-message board world.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

I don't know anyone either. Though there are several I would like to know, and a few I feel like I know.....

When I first started, AuntBeth was a sort of a character - she thought she was the voice of Miss Manners. These days, she's most often just me. But sometimes, you'll still detect that etiquette maven attitude.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from clm77. Show clm77's posts

Hmm, well I didn't know anyone when I started. Then my girly tinshee joined, so obviously I know her. By coincidence, another few girls I went to college with started posting and we eventually figured out we knew each other in real life, so that brings my total of people I knew pre-posting to 4.

Now since there have been a few get-togethers, I've met oh, another dozen or so of the board ladies.

I have to say- this is a pretty rad bunch of (mostly) women!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from a-mac. Show a-mac's posts

Hi Clm and Northernlights!

Hope all is well with you guys! Haven't been around lately, had a rough summer and fall. Hope your holidays were great!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

I didn't know anyone when I started lurking a few years ago.

One day, someone posted a "what do you do for work" post, and it turned out that I worked for the same company as another frequent poster, and yet another one worked across the street, so we all got together for lunch and met.

I also bonded with another "older" bride, CT.DC, and we met when she came up to Mass. for a pre-wedding trip. We went to Shoes to Dye For together and had a great time. It was a little bizarre at first, sort of like a blind date, but we were instant buddies!

Met some of the other posters at our get-together last spring. But, there are definitely a couple of others I would like to have a cosmo with......

It's easy to feel like you know the other posters after awhile.

a_mac, been wondering where you've been. Thoughts are with you!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from a-mac. Show a-mac's posts

Hey cosmo,

missed you guys too! My MIL passed away in October. The holidays were tough but things are looking up. We are trying to add to our family now! Well, not right now, but you know what I mean! :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Sorry to hear about your MIL.....I know how hard it is to get thru the holidays. I was working PT in a store and everytime "Silver Bells" played (about 6 times per shift), I'd tear up because it was mummy's favorite.

I was very glad to put the holidays behind me this year.

Just wanted to know that you're missed when you don't check in! Here's to a great 2008!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from katel. Show katel's posts

I don't know anyone on these boards...in the past 2 months, two of my friends have gotten engaged and I've given them the info. for the boards, but I don't think they've signed up yet...
    I sort of like not knowing anyone, but other times I feel like I would love to meet the other women face to face, to put an image with a personality...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

i have been posting for about 2 to 3 years now, and have never met any of my fellow posters yet, and would love the chance to. i currently work retail, and my hours are "off beat" with alot of nites and weekends, and my schedule is done for 2 to 3 weeks at a time, so its not too easy to get time off...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

I miss her, too! I'm going to email her and tell her to check in with us once in awhile....