Thanks to Whatawag and good advice for all

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

Hey Whatawag - you made great sense when you wrote in regard to my comment that DH and I have polar opposite work ethics around the house and elsewhere as I am much more of a work til it;s done or no fun type of person and he is a lets have a little fun it's not going to kill us to leave a little mess type of guy: You said....

"When you have differences, you just have to look at him, choke back the urge to light a fire under him (I want it done now!) and think of him as your balance."

Several instances have come up where I have thought this and diffused a flame of potential snarkiness. Some of the best philosophical advice I've been given..
    Thanks again

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Wow, that actually is a great piece of advice! Nicely done, Wag! And thanks somethingold for reposting it!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

waggie is right. my husband & i are opposites in alot of ways. maybe thats why our marraige works. we "balance each other" out.

he's a freakazoid when it comes to dusting, vacuuming, etc. and has a tendency to clean all the tiny corners, etc where i'm a "spot duster/vacuumer. on the other hand, i'm the freakazoid when it comes to laundry and dishes, where he takes his time on those chores

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

Wow, Laryan, your house is clean and your laundry is up to date! Lucky woman! My husband does most of the vacuuming because he hates it less than I do, but he just doesn't do a great job. And dust? He doesn't. I was raised with MAJOR rules on how to clean a house the right way (my mother's way, and her grandmother and great-grandmother's way before her). You dust first, then you vacuum. And when you vacuum or dust, you pick up the objects/move the chairs and dust and vacuum under them! It wouldn't occur to him to move a chair and dust behind it. But he gets to the vacuuming before I do ('cuz I HATES it with a passion for some crazy reason).

And I do the laundry because he's willing but he's scared of my high-maintenance clothes. His clothes are jeans and golf shirts - can't ruin those.