Your favorite Barbie?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Your favorite Barbie?

What Barbie dolls, if any, did you own growing up? What was your favorite? Share your memories of Barbie.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyjane70. Show crazyjane70's posts

Your favorite Barbie?

She doesn't look a day over 25!

My sister had the Barbies. I would tear their legs open to see how the knees bent. My sister would get maaaaaaad!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaegerkreig. Show jaegerkreig's posts

Your favorite Barbie?

we got a stray dog recently. amoung her favorite things to do while she is alone in the house is to chew on my daughter's stuffed animals and dolls. this lab/husky mix has chosen to dismember about 2-3 Barbies so far. she chews the limbs off; with the stuffed animals, she chews the eyes out. go figure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PacNorWest. Show PacNorWest's posts

Your favorite Barbie?

Christie was not the first African-American doll in the "Barbie" line. Francie, her friend/cousin came out in a "colored" version, first.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozkid. Show jozkid's posts

Your favorite Barbie?

Oooooh! I forgot about Francie! I had one of her, too! But my favorite was Stacy (NOT Barbie's sister!). I believe she came out in the late 60s/early 70s. Stacy was a British girl with long red hair and a spit-curl at her part (if memory serves). I adored her hair, but unfortunately I practiced some early hair-cutting skills on her. She now sports a currently trendy bob.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kalimba. Show kalimba's posts

Your favorite Barbie?

What I find amazing is that, when I was a kid, you would only have 1 barbie. Maybe a ken, maybe a skipper too, but only 1 barbie. Why would you want 2? And lots of clothing. My mom used to knit outfits - wish I still had some.

These days, all the little kids have a dozen. barbie=consumerism - seeing dozens of barbies splayed across a child's floor certainly conveys that message.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parisi. Show Parisi's posts

Your favorite Barbie?

I still have by Barbie and Ken dolls in my attic. I have the black-haired bubble cut doll from 1963 and Ken was from 1965. They are in very good condition. I loved them then and I still love them now (I'm 53). I did not have many clothes for them because my parents couldn't afford to buy us much, but my girlfriends across the street had every outfit and I loved playing Barbies with them. I also had and still have the Tressy Doll and her sister. These were the dolls whose hair grew long or short with the turn of a key in the doll's stomach. I wish I was a little girl again!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cbear77. Show cbear77's posts

Your favorite Barbie?

My sister had Peaches and Cream Barbie and I had Malibu Barbie. We still have them somewhere! We also had the Barbie Ferrari and the bubble bath. My other sister had one from the 60s and we inherited its clothes...we had 3 or 4 disco outfits!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crisskimball. Show crisskimball's posts

Your favorite Barbie?

My mother sewed all my clothes for me when I was little and from the scraps of material, she sewed identical ones for my Barbie. We were dressed exactly the same. That's actually how I found out there wasn't a Santa.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OakIslandgirl. Show OakIslandgirl's posts

Your favorite Barbie?

Well my favorite Barbie would be the one I am just about to find right now. Or the one I have in my hand right to to clean up and repair.

I have been collecting Barbie dolls since I received my first one in 1963. I never stopped collecting and in a way, I never stopped collecting. I wish I could find more collectors in the Boston area. Some day I would love to open a store dedicated to doll collecting. It astonishes me that in a city of this size, there are no doll collecting stores.

Maybe it will be a goal for me, once I get healthy again. BTW, that was me and my Barbie collection, (the play division) on the 1/3/09 front page.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PruTower. Show PruTower's posts

Your favorite Barbie?

My sister was into them. She has a huge collection, would always get a special edition for Christmas in the 90's.

My mom has some sort of old one that she keeps nice.

I was just looking at the pics of the change over the years. But 50th anniversary takes the cake. She's freakn HOT. Modeled after someone?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gond36. Show gond36's posts

Your favorite Barbie?

This year I turn 50, just like Barbie! On my 40th Birthday, my sister threw me a Barbie themed party, it was great Growing up my sister and I had suitcases full of Barbies and accessories, we played for hours. My daughter had the Barbie Plane, which was the best toy, I loved to play with it too. Happy Birthday Barbie!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbeeman. Show bbeeman's posts

Your favorite Barbie?

As a young boy I loved playing with Barbie and all friends. Now I live in Provincetown.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Im-at-work. Show Im-at-work's posts

Your favorite Barbie?

I had the Miss America outfit (circa 1962 or 63) for my Barbie: the long rose-pink & silver lace dress, the magenta velvet cape, silver shoes, sparkly tiara & wand. I saved up 6 weeks of allowance to buy that outfit because it was the most expensive one at the time, and my mother refused to shell out the money for it. But Barbie loved it, and so did I. When she finally got put away for good, she was wearing that dress.

I can still remember some of the names of the outfits: "Solo in the Spotlight" was a black fish-tail gown where Barbie was featured as a sophisticated lounge singer. I think the ballerina outfit (gold lace tutu, tiara, pink pointe slippers) was called "Swan Lake" but I could be wrong.

I had the Barbie canopy bed (pink, of course), and several clothes chests for the many outfits I had for her. I loved that doll, played with her, imagined myself to be her, grew up feminist anyway, entered a then-male-dominated profession, and STILL love and appreciate Barbie.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohrats. Show Ohrats's posts

Your favorite Barbie?

Growing up with 3 sisters we had a lot of Barbie gear. As someone else posted my favorite "accessory" was the plane, designed for flight attendant Barbie. It had a little pushcart with dishes, as if the tiny shoes alone weren't enough items to be lost during play. We used to find miniscule toads in our yard and turn them into Barbie pets. We had our Barbies "skating" on frozen puddles in winter and swimming in big pans in summer (before they came out with the Barbie swimming pool, of course).

I don't have kids of my own but was delighted when a sister asked me to be Godmother to her daughter. My niece and I are very close (she's 14 now) but to my dismay she's never been a girlie-girl, never even owned a doll beyond the Fisher-Price stage. But if I am invited to visit someone with little girls and there are Barbies around, I can't resist sitting down for a while to live in the perfect fantasy world of miniature designer clothes, gorgeous hair and endless youth. Hey Barbie, you go, girl!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dani273. Show Dani273's posts

Your favorite Barbie?

I remember being a kid and going to "Child World" at the West Gate Mall in Brockton to buy an "Italian Barbie". I was so excited because I thought it was the best thing ever!!! I don't remember the year it was or even where the Barbie is now, but I remember that they were doing Barbies from all over the world and being italian, I had to have one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbeeman. Show bbeeman's posts

Your favorite Barbie?

You sound like you are clinically insane