Airing of Grievances!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Re: Airing of Grievances!!

Okay PK I feel like I'm going to have to post several times because I'm sure I have a lot of these.  But here's my top few from recent experiences:

- People who can't admit that they were wrong.  If I make a mistake at work I am the first one to point it out.  I would never let someone else take the fall for my mistake.  It seems this happens all too much in the workplace.

- People who delegate ALL of their work.  I'm all for delegating when appropriate but at some point you need to actually do work.  Also, it's nice if you take the time to realize that the individual that you're delegating to is swamped and could use some help.

More to come, I'm sure!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Oh, where to start...

* People who push ahead of others who have been waiting longer to get on the T.
    * People who race for the T as the doors are closing and then push the doors open, like no other train is going to come ever, ever again.
    * People who complain if the T is late... you're on your way too/from work, be thankful you have a job to commute to/from.
    * People who want all power and no responsibility.
    * People who repeatedly pronounce either of my names incorrectly, despite having been told numerous times the correct pronounciation.
    * When there is an open bracket, but no closed bracket.
    * People who try just a little too hard to be different.
    * People who when they see me wearing reading glasses ask "do you always wear glasses", you have obviously seen me without them on, so there is your answer.
    * People who can't walk in a staright line on a sidewalk and zig zag about.
    * Children who are too old to be in strollers.
    * The Republican Party

Happy Festivus everyone!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Pril, I am SO there with you on *Children too old for strollers! used to see that all the time when I worked at the mall!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Okay I knew I would think of a few more...

- This one is silly but oh well, I hate the phrase "Six of one, half dozen of another" I have no real reason but in general it drives me nuts and it takes everything I have not to ask people not to use it when it's not socially acceptable (e.g., at work)

- When someone repeatedly asks you a question, even though they know the answer, simply because they don't like your answer. This seems to be a common occurrence with my MIL especially surrounding things she thinks she's good at.  For instance, I personally do not like baking (I do however love baked goods), MIL knows this but every time we see her she offers baking lessons because "I would probably enjoy it if I knew what I was doing." 

And lastly a few wedding related ones...
    - Members of the wedding party who get too drunk to function

- The wedding cake face smoosh (I would have killed my DH)

- Inappropriate garter removing techniques

- Tiny portions, I get that it's expensive but I'm starving!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

The expression "H E double hockey sticks".  This is the lamest and most asinine expression.  Just say Hell and call it a day.  It's a place, not a swear. I can understand saying GD, the letters and not what they stand for, but for the love of Mike, just say "hell".

There are more, many many more, but I am trying to go w/ the flow of the season. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

I'm so behind with the wedding boards - I keep trying to stay updated but am having difficulty getting to the computer much these days... but I did happen to notice this thread!  Thanks to Pink - it's always fun to air grievances!!  And I love reading others' points of view.

A smattering of mine:
    - businesses that insist on keeping one of their double entrance/exit doors locked.  why??
    - having to PAY now for boxes at stores that sell breakable gifts.  (can you tell I've been shopping today?)
    - litterers
    - when people take serious medical conditions lightly by saying they have them when they definitely do not.
    - sentences that start "you should" or "you need to"
    - Toddlers and Tiaras

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

In Response to Re: Airing of Grievances!!:
    [QUOTE] - When someone repeatedly asks you a question, even though they know the answer, simply because they don't like your answer. This seems to be a common occurrence with my MIL especially surrounding things she thinks she's good at.  For instance, I personally do not like baking (I do however love baked goods), MIL knows this but every time we see her she offers baking lessons because "I would probably enjoy it if I knew what I was doing." 
    Posted by clc51510[/QUOTE]

Love this one!  "If you knew what you were doing"... nice.  sounds like a GREAT teacher.
    Made me think of another one of mine:
    - When people ask you a question then immediately tune out while you're answering (a speciality of my mother)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

what a great post Pink! 

My biggest pet peeve is when someone pulls out in front of you very quickly like they're in a rush, then drive 20 mph.  I want to honk and scream!! 

Wedding related, when a bride makes you shell out 300 or more for a bright pink dress that you'll "wear again." Oh and matching shoes. 

That's all I can think of at the moment, just ate some chocolate so I'm in a good mood. I'm sure I'll have more later! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

-DH's car. It's New England, i know you love your sports car but really, it's New England and we're going to get snow. Therefore you are going to skid.

-Celebrities who are celebrities for no reason ie the kardashians

-People at work who complain all day long. We all get annoyed at work sometimes but complaining all day long gets old very fast

-when work blocks websites for stupid reasons. I can't access Elizabeth grady's website at work because apparently it features swimwear.

-when people who call ask me how long I've been doing my job because they don't trust that I know what I am talking about

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Oh, I have more!

* Festive or novelty ties/bow ties.
    * Men wearing ties but not buttoning up the top button on their collar.
    * Gray, black or navy suits worn with brown shoes.
    * Adults in Vineyard Vines attire... if you are aged over 6 there is no need to have cutesy sail boats or lobsters on anything you own.  Similarly, dude, you're just wearing pink pants, not "Nantucket Red", pink.
    * Alot
    * People who say whatever country they are from is "the best country in the world".  Really?  Have you visited every single country in the world, to be able to make this call?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

---- People who say whatever country they are from is "the best country in the world".  -----

So why are they here?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

LOL these are all so great!

I thought of a few more:
    - When people say "I may be/Call me old fashioned, BUT..." You don't really think you're old fashioned, you just think the way you do things is the right way. That's fine, but be honest about it. Just say "I like do things this way."
    - People who use WAY too much salt outside their door when there's only been 1 inch of snow. that 1 inch of snow won't ruin my shoes, the virtual dune of salt you dumped on the sidewalk will.
    - People who take up the entire sidealk and walk really, really slowly.
    - When there's free food at work and people do stupid things like take only half of a bagel, or half of an already small brownie. I don't want the leftover half of something you had to put your hands all over to cut. Just take the whole damn thing!
    - The junkies in Boston that all ask for money using the same stupid sob story "I need a bus/train ticket to New Hampshire/Providence. I was only here for a day and my backpack was stolen." NEWS FLASH: when you all use the same story, I know that you're lying! Looking like an addict also doesn't help lend you any credibility. And stop adding in the fact that you have a baby (which isn't with you for some reason) AFTER I tell you once that I'm not giving you money. And when you tell me the baby's diabetic AFTER I tell you for a second time that I'm not giving you money, I want to pummel you.
    This has seriously happened to me 5 times.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I  can agree with lot of your grievances. Annoying! Here is one from yesterday.

I get so annoyed by shoppers, that have a kid line up (or even worse, just leave their cart there) at the cashier in the grocery store, while they run around finish their shopping. But yesterday took the cake.
    I was at Costco to pick up some wine. I lined up to pay for it. The line at the cashier was quite long. Ahead of me was this lady pushing an empty cart, while her husband was picking up beer and wine. All the while they were yelling to each other across the store of what kind of beer to buy, what kind of wine etc. When done, he showed up with another cart with his purchases and loaded them into his wife's cart. Kid you not.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

[QUOTE]I  can agree with lot of your grievances. Annoying! Here is one from yesterday. I get so annoyed by shoppers, that have a kid line up (or even worse, just leave their cart there) at the cashier in the grocery store, while they run around finish their shopping. But yesterday took the cake. I was at Costco to pick up some wine. I lined up to pay for it. The line at the cashier was quite long. Ahead of me was this lady pushing an empty cart, while her husband was picking up beer and wine. All the while they were yelling to each other across the store of what kind of beer to buy, what kind of wine etc. When done, he showed up with another cart with his purchases and loaded them into his wife's cart. Kid you not.
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

Ugh! That would drive me crazy! No line could ever be so long that I'd do something like that!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

[QUOTE] - When there's free food at work and people do stupid things like take only half of a bagel, or half of an already small brownie. I don't want the leftover half of something you had to put your hands all over to cut. Just take the whole damn thing! [/QUOTE]

Pink, i know you said no arguing against a grievance so this is just a question. Smile Would you prefer people take a whole thing of something and then throw half of it out if they can't eat the whole thing?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Airing of Grievances!! : Pink, i know you said no arguing against a grievance so this is just a question.  Would you prefer people take a whole thing of something and then throw half of it out if they can't eat the whole thing?
    Posted by NorthernLghts[/QUOTE]

in this case, yes. simply because no one ever, ever takes the half that's left behind, so it ends up getting thrown out anyways.
    Plus, who only eats half a bagel? Bagels are a single-serving situation. What do they do when they get a bagel on their own? Leave half of it out on the Dunkin Donuts counter in case anyone else wants it?

If I'm getting something I know I can't eat, I ask around if anyone wants to share before I go and put my hands all over it to cut it up. If everyone says "No thanks", I just take the whole piece.
    No one wants to eat the leftover bit that's been touched. Just eat the whole thing, throw away the half you don't want, or just don't take any.

Muffins seem to be the only exception. People don't seem to mind eating the leftover half of a muffin, perhaps it's because muffins have gotten so incredibly large.

if the people in your office happily eat the leftover bits, then go right ahead. but no one in any office I've ever worked in- or even when I worked in retail- ever wants the half that's been left behind.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I'm with Pink.

Also, as for bagels, you can have Dunkin's or wherever slice them when you get them, so you avoid the whole 'half bagel' scenario. I will eat 1/2 a bagel when it's cut by the bagel place - so that it's sliced, but not when it's literally cut in 1/2 by someone in the office.  Those bagels you get at Dunkin or Brueggers are 2 servings in one, so I can understand only eating half, but it some ninny didn't have the bagel place slice them, then I take the entire bagel and eat half then and save the other half for later.

There is no excuse for taking 1/2 a brownie.  If you are going to splurge on your diet, then live large and eat the whole thing. Otherwise, just don't eat it.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

gotcha! thanks pink Smile I wasn't sure if you meant the pre-sliced ones or the ones people just rip apart with their hands

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I agree with Pinkie too! If I bring baked stuff to the office, I always cut it in bite size pieces. Like cutting brownies in half or quarters, loaf cake slices in half etc. And I bake mini muffins instead of the larger ones. People can take two or three, if they like.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

And another thing, just because you are wearing black pants/skirt and a black jacket, does not mean you are wearing a suit.
    They are clearly different fabrics and different shades.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

A small wedding related one, that drives me crazy.
    You arrive early to the ceremony, so you can get an isle seat - in order to see and hear, what is going on up at the alter. Here comes the late comers, just as everything is quiet and ceremony is to begin. They just stand there in front of you and expect everyone to move in. Out of courtesy to the bridal couple, you let them in order not to make any noise.
    I know it is not a "show" you have bought tickets to. But still.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

LOL Prill, that goes for both men and women. Good observation.

[QUOTE]And another thing, just because you are wearing black pants/skirt and a black jacket, does not mean you are wearing a suit. They are clearly different fabrics and different shades.
    Posted by Prill[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Obbieite. Show Obbieite's posts

I'm sorry......but this topic is absolutely hilarious!  There are some great posts here.  There are a lot of jerks out there and, although I hate to admit it, I'm sure I've aggravated some people at some time too. 

One of my pet peeves is when you are having a conversation with either one other person or a group of people and some jerk comes along and just joins in and takes over and starts monopolizing the whole conversation. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

I went to put my favorite pet peeve on the Miss Conduct site...and realized it is something I do myself. Ha.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Lying of any sort.  I think one can be gracious without telling a lie, and it always hurts more to find out the truth at some random point than to just have been told in the first place.