Bouquets?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Re: Bouquets?

Lol, it is HUUUUGEEEEE. The aisle is 60 feet long. I can't even think about it, because that is a long walk! But it is the church I was baptized, did my first communion, and confirmed in, so I thought might as well get married there too!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Oh, I never even thought of finding out how long the aisle is in my church.  My church is pretty big, too.  EEK!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

[QUOTE]Lol, it is HUUUUGEEEEE. The aisle is 60 feet long. I can't even think about it, because that is a long walk! But it is the church I was baptized, did my first communion, and confirmed in, so I thought might as well get married there too!
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

60 feet?  Wow!  Mine is set up with the pews sort of in a half-circle.  I have to walk down 2 aisles...one in the back of the church, then one up to the front.  It's really intimate though, so I like it.

I was a CCD dropout after first communion.  Never got confirmed.  I just came home and told my mom I was never going back ever again.  She actually got me a puppy as a bribe to get me to go to CCD in the first place (guess my grandmother was putting some serious pressure on her, because my mom is the least religious person ever).

So, we had to choose a Methodist church due to my being a bad Catholic.  :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Well I can tell you that my church is certainly making a pretty penny off me that day, so I guess that's why they'll overlook my terrible sins and let me marry there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

kmt09, my church is, too.  I'm very positive they don't mind, and they'll overlook it.  HA! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kathbos. Show kathbos's posts

If you are looking for calla lilies for all of your 7 bridemaids...be prepared to PAY!!  I am having all Calla Lilies for my bouquet and I wanted a smaller version for all 7 of my BM. Then I was given a quote:  $15 a STEM.  I decided to keep mine as all callas and my BMs are carrying ONE large calla lily each. that cut down on cost BIG time and I think it will look stunning.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

That's what I heard, too, so that might change my flower choices. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reader001. Show Reader001's posts

I'm not doing flowers at the church or as centerpeices. The only flowers will be the bouquets and a boutonniere for my Dad. I'd like to have pew bows, but I'm making so much stuff already, I don't know if I can manage it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I'm not even doing pew bows, because someone will have to take them all down after the ceremony and I don't want to have to put that stress on someone. Our ceremony is at 5:30 and our cocktail hour starts at 6:30, so I would ultimately like to be out of there by 6, so we can get to the reception.

And our reception is 7-12...we are only having a 30 minute cocktail hour. Actually I am going to start a new thread on that because this concerns me.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

In Response to Re: Bouquets?:
    [QUOTE]I can't believe some of you were allowed to marry in a church. I mean you can walk down the aisle dressed in white with a straight face? Come on.
    Posted by dougas[/QUOTE]

Don't worry Dougas, I am wearing off-white Wink

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]If you are looking for calla lilies for all of your 7 bridemaids...be prepared to PAY!!  I am having all Calla Lilies for my bouquet and I wanted a smaller version for all 7 of my BM. Then I was given a quote:  $15 a STEM.  I decided to keep mine as all callas and my BMs are carrying ONE large calla lily each. that cut down on cost BIG time and I think it will look stunning.
    Posted by kathbos[/QUOTE]

It WILL!!! I saw this in a wedding I saw on FB...I can't post the pic, because I don't know the bride personally but it was so elegant!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Except for the unity candle wreath, I didn't have any church flowers, either, and I got married in a plain, small, white chapel. :)

Wow, Liz, that's a long walk!!!  With every step I took I hoped the leg I was on wouldn't give out and make me fall, and it was a very short aisle. Oh, sorry, not to make you more nervous or anything.Laughing  At least you get a longer "princess" moment that way, and you can watch your almost-husband watch you coming down to meet him longer, too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

Actually, it will give the almost husband more time to bail.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]Except for the unity candle wreath, I didn't have any church flowers, either, and I got married in a plain, small, white chapel. :) Wow, Liz, that's a long walk!!!  With every step I took I hoped the leg I was on wouldn't give out and make me fall, and it was a very short aisle. Oh, sorry, not to make you more nervous or anything.   At least you get a longer "princess" moment that way, and you can watch your almost-husband watch you coming down to meet him longer, too.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

I know that plain, small, white chapel....my brother got married there :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bouquets? : I know that plain, small, white chapel....my brother got married there :)

Oh, yeah!  Can you imagine if I toppled over in the M-M Chapel?!  HA!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

It's a tiny little place. My sis-in-laws dad is a BIG guy, she barely fit walking down the aisle with him!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

I went with a wildflower look for my bouquets Larkspur, delphinium, snapdragons and some roses and greens loosely tied and spent $45 for my bouquet and had 3-4 stems of larkspur, snapdragons, and delphinium for 8 bridesmaids that we tied ourselves so that saved a bunch and the maids bouquests were under $10 each.  Colors were blue and green so for two flower girls just picked a full blue hydrangea from the garden and stuck in a little $2 white basket with blue and green bow for them, only cost was ribbon and basket.
    This is not everyone's dream but it worked for us in terms of cost and look.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]I went with a wildflower look for my bouquets Larkspur, delphinium, snapdragons and some roses and greens loosely tied and spent $45 for my bouquet and had 3-4 stems of larkspur, snapdragons, and delphinium for 8 bridesmaids that we tied ourselves so that saved a bunch and the maids bouquests were under $10 each.  Colors were blue and green so for two flower girls just picked a full blue hydrangea from the garden and stuck in a little $2 white basket with blue and green bow for them, only cost was ribbon and basket. This is not everyone's dream but it worked for us in terms of cost and look.
    Posted by somethingold[/QUOTE]

Sounds beautiful! Can you post a picture?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

My calla lily bouquets really aren't that expensive; my bouquet is $75 (some calla lilies, some fiddlehead ferns, and other stuff) and my BM's are $50 each. Calla lily boutonierres for the guys are $9 each.

Flowers aren't a big deal for me, so I'm trying to do it on the cheap. The ceremony, though, is what I'm really into doing a certain way. FI and I spent hours poring over different elements to make it as "us" as possible!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

I don't know if we have one that does them justice.  I will check when I get home.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]My calla lily bouquets really aren't that expensive; my bouquet is $75 (some calla lilies, some fiddlehead ferns, and other stuff) and my BM's are $50 each. Calla lily boutonierres for the guys are $9 each. Flowers aren't a big deal for me, so I'm trying to do it on the cheap. The ceremony, though, is what I'm really into doing a certain way. FI and I spent hours poring over different elements to make it as "us" as possible!
    Posted by WhirledPeasPlease[/QUOTE]

The ceremony's what it's all about!  I'm sure it will reflect you guys perfectly with all your planning. :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

[QUOTE]This is the church I am getting married in...it is HUGE...I don't think it really needs flowers.

Liz, that looks almost exactly like the church I got married in.  All you need are 2 large altar arrangements.  They look fantastic in the photos on the altar. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

quickest way to cut down the cost? (other than cutting bridesmaids, lol)

Use in season, garden flowers.

I did and my flowers were gorgeous and affordable. I used roses, peonies, hydrangeas and i had several mini calla lilies in mine, but no one else did.
    The moms and girls had roses, berries and peonies. They were $50 and mine was $100.

Bouquet

In Response to Bouquets?:
    [QUOTE]What is the average cost of the bouquets?  I am planning on getting the bouquets for all my bridesmaids, boutonnières for the groomsmen and dads, and corsages for the mothers.  After all this thinking, what is the average cost of the bouquets? 
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Another thing is once it gets close to the day if you are using a church you can always see if another bride is using the church and you might be able to share alter flowers. 

It was funny we got married about two weeks after Easter and we didn't think there would be Easter flowers left, and neither did the lady at the church that organizes that.  So we had two arraingements, we didn't need them but we didn't know that until the night before at the rehearsal.  There were so many flowers that we were not even on the alter, there was no room for us.  It was a good problem to have. Are there any feast days around the time of your wedding?  If so you may have some extra decorations.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Beagles - I love your bouquet!  I love colorful bridal bouquets for the way they pop so beautifully against the bridal gown!